Worst NUFC manager in last 15 years

James
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

But those talking about the "quality side" we had before his arrival are forgetting that Woodgate had already been sold. Without Woodgate in the lineup we were a mediocre side. When he wasn't injured we were Champions League calibre. Our backline:  Hughes, Bramble, O'Brien, Bernard. s***. Boumsong was actually an improvement. An expensive and crappy upgrade, but an improvement none-the-less.

Looking at final league positions the season before, we were technically 'better' without Woodgate. We competed alot in the CL without him too.

We had a goood team before Souness came. He ruined us. It's the start of the downfall, we haven't recovered since.

Souness for me.

On top of the obvious reasons, its the arrogance of the man to sit on TV, saying that he would take the job again "in a heartbeat". Is this arrogance to completely ignore how much he is disliked by the fans and to ignore what a shite job he did in the first place

Kenny dlaglish worse than Roeder??

what is going on with this poll? Is it me am i missing something here?

Kenny Dalglish took over a team who were 2nd in the league and left a team 13th.

Guest Jawesome

Gullit.  At least Souness understood the importance of games against the mackems.

He understood he needed our money better than Gullitt. What a great bloke.

He wanted money, wow.  Who the fuck in there right mind would turn down a couple of million quid?  I'd gladly rape any Premier League club of a couple of million like.  Well, maybe not Newcastle, like.

He wanted money, wow.  Who the f*** in there right mind would turn down a couple of million quid?  I'd gladly rape any Premier League club of a couple of million like.  Well, maybe not Newcastle, like.

Gullit.

Guest Jawesome

He wanted money, wow.  Who the f*** in there right mind would turn down a couple of million quid?  I'd gladly rape any Premier League club of a couple of million like.  Well, maybe not Newcastle, like.

Gullit.

He was a spastic tho.  "Eet eez a derbeee of the reeejan, not a seeeteee."  Fucking mong.

He was a spastic tho.  "Eet eez a derbeee of the reeejan, not a seeeteee."  f****** mong.

It's hard to argue with that but he resigned because he thought he couldn't do the job.

Guest Jawesome

Fair play, but in my opinion he was worse than Souness.  Could have been something to do with the fact that we expected things from him, yet with Souness we all knew we were doomed from the off.

Fair play, but in my opinion he was worse than Souness.  Could have been something to do with the fact that we expected things from him, yet with Souness we all knew we were doomed from the off.

Gullit didn't leave us any worse off than he found us, Souness did.

Not surprised Souness is way out with 191 votes totally ruined and ripped apart a team that had finished 3rd, 4th, 5th and that had consistently qualified for Europe football including a run of 12 Champions League games in one season whilst finishing 3rd to one that sunk to 14th place finish our worse in our Premiership history all this after giving Souness the £50 million that the previous manager had earned us through high-league finishes and the Champions League qualification money which the previous manager really should of been given to spend in the Summer ah well at least we have Souness to thank for sorting out that problem dressing room eh

Dalglish and Allardyce sides were as utterly dreadful as each other to watch.

And Ruud Gullit well....

Souness for reasons many have mentioned, although it is quite impressive how badly he could make us in just one season. If my mum took over and said "you guys just decides who starts and who is a sub oh and make sure you do lots of running and stuff" we could have done better.

Guest marky555

Souness. Awful appointment, for the fact I dont think anyone ever had ANY confidence in him doing a long term, or even short term decent job. Areet little cup run but still, everyone knew the end was always around the corner and it was just an awful, awful period, and the fact the shoes he had to fill were fuckin massive made it even worse.

The main thing I will remember about Fat Fred is this disgusting appointment.

66/1 to be our next manager when we appointed him.

What a joke.

Guest marky555

On Gullit, fair enough there is alot of negative shit I could say which is totally justified, but atleast he realised he couldnt do the job and had the bottle to do an interview on Radio Newcastle to explain his reasons. Keeps a bit of his dignity and respect in my opinion