Worst NUFC players in last 5 years (The Final)

James
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Sniffer

At least Pattison didn't cost us anything.

Faye because he truly was shite and a classic example of just because you look like viera doesn't mean you play like him.

And Luque. Fucking soft shite as well as being useless.

Guest shearer_united

I voted:

Boumsong & Bramble = Scary times at the heart of our defense.

Luque = showed no quality and didnt prove his worth; useless!

Faye and Boumsong.

Boumsong was dodgy from the beginning, and once his confidence had gone, was was one of the shittest players I've ever seen.  And he cost us £8m when he went to Rangers on a free months earlier - f****** stupid move by Shepherd.  At least Bramble had the odd game where he was solid, and he got the goal vs. Chelsea to get us into the Intertwobob.  I can't recall Boumsong ever having a good game.

And I metaphorically tore my hair out watching Amdy Faye.  Couldn't pass, and couldn't tackle, which as a defensive midfielder, is pretty much all he was asked to do.

EDIT:  Oh and has anyone noticed a link between the two players in the lead, and the manager running away with the worst manager in 15 years thread?

Boumsong for cost

Babayaro & Faye for making decent money & being crap beyond belief. This pair make the likes of Smith, Shola, Pattison et al look acceptable.

Kluivert & Marcelino deserve special mention & I'll not mention Luque...............

Billy Askew

Kluivert wasn't that bad when he played, he was a lot better value for money than a lot on that list.

Faye and Boumsong.

Boumsong was dodgy from the beginning, and once his confidence had gone, was was one of the shittest players I've ever seen.  And he cost us £8m when he went to Rangers on a free months earlier - f****** stupid move by Shepherd.  At least Bramble had the odd game where he was solid, and he got the goal vs. Chelsea to get us into the Intertwobob.  I can't recall Boumsong ever having a good game.

And I metaphorically tore my hair out watching Amdy Faye.  Couldn't pass, and couldn't tackle, which as a defensive midfielder, is pretty much all he was asked to do.

EDIT:  Oh and has anyone noticed a link between the two players in the lead, and the manager running away with the worst manager in 15 years thread?

Thank fuck you put the manager part afterwards, that's all I'm saying.  :lol:

Faye and Boumsong.

Thank f*** you put the manager part afterwards, that's all I'm saying.  :lol:

:lol:  nah, I'm not RodrigoPalacio or whatever he called himself!

Can't bring myself to vote for Bramble, he just needed a better brain and he would have been solid. Remember when Roeder came, Boumsong was actually pretty decent for a few games.

Had to go with Pattison and Smith. Pattison played like he won a contest and Smith is fucking dreadful on and off the ball.

No one other than Pattison, Ramage or Faye should have a single vote.

Has Ramage really been much worse than Alan Smith? Or Luque, infact?

Yeah.  At least Smith put in 2 excellent shifts against Blackburn and Arsenal.  Luque did a couple of useful things aswell.

No one other than Pattison, Ramage or Faye should have a single vote.

Has Ramage really been much worse than Alan Smith? Or Luque, infact?

Yeah.  At least Smith put in 2 excellent shifts against Blackburn and Arsenal.  Luque did a couple of useful things aswell.

As did Ramage, tbf. Has had a few decent matches at centre-half.

Boumsong

Luque

Everyone else in that list has at least tried for the team, regardless of ability. The worst player is about what is upstairs not just natural talent.

I've voted for those players who've turned in the highest percentage of bad performances regardless of innate talent. I'd say that's Faye, with Pattison, Ameobi, Smith, Luque lagging behind.

Boumsong

Luque

Everyone else in that list has at least tried for the team, regardless of ability. The worst player is about what is upstairs not just natural talent.

I've voted for those players who've turned in the highest percentage of bad performances regardless of innate talent. I'd say that's Faye, with Pattison, Ameobi, Smith, Luque lagging behind.

If you go on that theory then it's Pattison, Faye, Boumsong, Luque, Smith. In that order.

Although I tend to judge performances differently to some on the forum

Boumsong

Luque

If you go on that theory then it's Pattison, Faye, Boumsong, Luque, Smith. In that order.

I dunno. I tend to overlook Boumsong as he had to play alongside Bramble. He was rubbish, though, no doubt about it.

Boumsong was good until that Man Utd match.

He was overrated initially but was almost adequate, but his confidence soon nose-dived and he was sucked into a defensive nightmare. The fact he was about 6'4" and couldn't head a ball didn't help him much, though.

Boumsong

Luque

I dunno. I tend to overlook Boumsong as he had to play alongside Bramble. He was rubbish, though, no doubt about it.

Those 2 brought out the worst in each other, but i would take Titus over him any day of the week. Can't remember a good Boumsong performance.

when you think of Ramage, Smith, Pattison etc at least you know they tried to make up for their lack of talent by putting 110% in. Luque is the worst player we've had in the last 5 years because he just didn't try.

The events that led to Boumsong's dismissal vs. Liverpool at SJP summed him up.  I don't even think Bramble could mis-kick, let the opposing player in on goal, then haul him back in the box.

Then be a cunt by holding his head in his hands, and taking fucking ages to walk off the pitch, going all the way around the goal, possibly in an attempt to delay proceedings and put the Liverpool penalty taker (forgot who it was) off.  I just wanted him to fuck off down the tunnel and never step on the pitch again after that.

Boumsong was good until that Man Utd match.

He was overrated initially but was almost adequate, but his confidence soon nose-dived and he was sucked into a defensive nightmare. The fact he was about 6'4" and couldn't head a ball didn't help him much, though.

The fact he's 6'4" and a fucking pansy scared to bully strikers didnt help either.