Worst 10 signings of the season (According to Goal.com)

Newcastle Fan

Easy.  To find the s**** centre forwards, you look at the goalscoring charts for the Premier League & see who only has one or two goals all season.

To his credit, he's kept himself off the list altogether.

bluelaugh.gif

How the hell does Smith get away with it? :lol:

The fact that he's not on any of those lists just highlights how bad a signing he was. He's been so bad that everyone outside of Newcastle has forgotten that he exists.

Have to agree. I think everyone just assumes the blond waste of space playing an undefined position is Duff.

I can understand Barton being on that list but as the worst of the season. Do me a favour. As someone said he is not even our worst signing. The last 3rd of the season he has started showing glimpses of what he can do. I think most of us can agree that when he first got back in the team after injury he was woeful. Off the field he has been a problem yes.

If the court cases don't go tits up for us, I think he can make an impact for us next season, KK seems to have faith in him aswell and there have been far less grumbles about his performances lately.

Guest teepee

imo barton is also the worst signing - purely because we should never sign a player with that sort of off field track record

but how smith escapes both these lists also eludes me....

Guest aoliversaknob

Was really anti Barton a couple of months a go. Not really for his off field antics (although not good) it was more for his inability to control the ball, or put a 15 yard pass in the right direction without it going out of play or straight to the opposition.  Not the hallmarks of a midfield genius required by NUFC.

To be fair to the lad his performances toward the end of the season have forced me to completley change my mind about his future on Barrack Rd.  Looking forward to see what he can do next season - well thats if he is not banged up by then!!

Guest Jawesome

This cracked me up

an aging Emre

Aging?  Aye, my fucking 9 year old cousin is aging as well, in fact, show me any cunt who isn't aging.  You'll be a canny rich person if you can stop the process.

Barton the worst signing? In the league? Rubbish.

He wasn't even our worst signing.

And he's the one player on this list that could still work out for the team that purchased him.

When Berbatov leaves Spurs this summer, Darren Bent could well be a very useful player for them, he's better than Martins IMO.