Newcastle United 2 - 0 Mackems - 20/04/08 - Post match reaction from page 13

James

Our possession this second half must be below 25%.. Shocking, we´re making Sunlun look like Arsenal..

They're 2-0 down in a huge game on the back of an awful 1st half performance, what were you expecting? It's just a spell we need to see through and we're doing so pretty comfortably at the moment.

What? This is Newcastle Sunderland ffs. I´m expecting us to display our superiority, not sit back and soak up pressure. This second half reminds me of Allardyce, or am I not allowed to criticise the team now King Kev´s in charge?

I didn't say that at all - Sunderland were always going to have a pop at us after the break, with an earful from Keane at half time and relegation still on the cards what else would you expect? We've defended very capably in their best spell of the match - surely that deserves some credit?

Guest redmayne

martins!! what a sitter and top drawer harper!!!

Fuck me, can I borrow your time machine?

aye nae bother watching the fucker streaming on tinternet ,

Our possession this second half must be below 25%.. Shocking, we´re making Sunlun look like Arsenal..

They're 2-0 down in a huge game on the back of an awful 1st half performance, what were you expecting? It's just a spell we need to see through and we're doing so pretty comfortably at the moment.

What? This is Newcastle Sunderland ffs. I´m expecting us to display our superiority, not sit back and soak up pressure. This second half reminds me of Allardyce, or am I not allowed to criticise the team now King Kev´s in charge?

I didn't say that at all - Sunderland were always going to have a pop at us after the break, with an earful from Keane at half time and relegation still on the cards what else would you expect? We've defended very capably in their best spell of the match - surely that deserves some credit?

Our defending deserves some credit, although Sunlun have had some decent chances. Personally, I don´t think much of this Sunderland team and would have thought attacking them in the second half would have been a better way to defend our lead..

Guest Phil K

A dangerous game they're playing.

Be happier with a third. That'd take the steam out of them.

(Writing this at work during bait time)

Our defending deserves some credit, although Sunlun have had some decent chances. Personally, I don´t think much of this Sunderland team and would have thought attacking them in the second half would have been a better way to defend our lead..

I agree with what you're saying but we're still 2-0 up and I think we'll get another. Might not be the best or attractive way of winning the match but against a poor Sunderland side perhaps its better just to smash them on the break.

Nicky Butt, honestly. What the fuck was that. Whallopping it out for a corner.

That was shite but in fairness he's had a fucking good game.

Very little has got past him.

They've been all over us this entire half

Hardly. They've had the more possession but done very little with it. We're just sitting on it, and I'm looking for a few more counter attacks.

Agree Hindu.

We've soaked up everything they've thrown at us with ease tbh.

They've not had any clear cut chances.