Being a feeder club

James
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest redmayne

what happens when/if we manage to unearth a gem?

I assume you mean a player we've bought or developed ourselves?

In that case Barca would have to pay through the nose for him, as their only entitlement is to be at the front of the negotiations queue. Would stop the player going to Manyoo or Arsenal.

barca dont have the money of arsenal or man utd

Prem is the richest of them all

we wouldnt be able to stop man utd or chelsea or arsenal

Guest Phil K

Come on James - hell, man - you're normally not as craven as this, mate.

Trying to be a Dickensian character ? Uriah Heep maybe ? "Very 'umble, sir"

All this talk about not paying too much for an unproven non-British youngster, you'd think that it would be a good opportunity to see if some of these youngsters were worth splashing out on.....

Just loan them then? Why do we have to pay Barca £1m, give them first refusal on our players and guarantee that these loanees will be in the squad if fit?

The most embarrassing thing at this club in recent years was loaning Rossi off Man Utd just to give him Premiership experience.

I can think of more humiliating moments...like the Sporting Lisbon collapse. A case of "oh we only need to not conceed three goals now" and conceed four instead.

The most embarrassing thing at this club in recent years was loaning Rossi off Man Utd just to give him Premiership experience.

What an exaggeration. We needed a player as cover for the strikers. We had nowt to spend so needed to get someone on loan. Rossi was a decent prospect. Just cos he came from Man Utd doesn't mean he was a feeder player; if he was then he would have actually played, which he never happened.

What an exaggeration. We needed a player as cover for the strikers. We had nowt to spend so needed to get someone on loan. Rossi was a decent prospect. Just cos he came from Man Utd doesn't mean he was a feeder player; if he was then he would have actually played, which he never happened.

I'm glad you think blooding Man Utd youngsters isn't embarrassing Yorkie, some of us have higher standards for this club though.

I'm glad you think blooding Man Utd youngsters isn't embarrassing Yorkie, some of us have higher standards for this club though.

It was hardly blooding a Manchester united youngster as he's gone on to be a top player at two other clubs. if we'd given him games, he'd have done well for us, gone back to Manyoo, and then get immediately sold back to us if we had wanted him.

It was hardly blooding a Manchester united youngster as he's gone on to be a top player at two other clubs. if we'd given him games, he'd have done well for us, gone back to Manyoo, and then get immediately sold back to us if we had wanted him.

If he had done well Fergie would have kept him, he even said that when we loaned him that there was no chance he'd sell him to us.

Cheeky sod. I was hardly happy about it, just didn't think it was 'the most embarrassing moment of recent years'. What i'm saying is that we weren't a feeder club.

That's not to say it didn't epitomise what was a joke of a transfer window.

Would people on here be agreeable to the idea of the following deal with the likes of Real Madrid or Barcelona?:

We get 1 or 2 of their U23's on a season long loan. The club gives us a shortlist of players available, and we take our pick.

We can swap the players in January if they flop.

We have to have the players in our 18-man squad when fit.

We get first option on all of their U23's if any come up for sale.

They get £1m a season.

They get first option on all of our players.

Yeah, but what's in it for them James??

Statistically in line with current percentages of mentally challenged in the general populace. 

I knew somebody would find the reason, thanks, I feel a lot better for knowing.

At the time I have to say I thought signing Sibierski was more embarassing than loaning Rossi.

I thought they were as bad as each other.

Neither was great but I thought it was more embarassing to sign a player that even Man City didn't want and all their fans hated simply because we were desperate and had fucked up the transfer window so badly.

Neither was great but I thought it was more embarassing to sign a player that even Man City didn't want and all their fans hated simply because we were desperate and had f***** up the transfer window so badly.

That's why I felt the same about both, 1 player looked over the hill the other looked like a player who we'd brought in to give him games so that another club could reap the rewards.

Guest hodsgod

It's not much of a status is it? Feeder club for Barcelona.

NUFC gets to buy their castoffs and they get to buy anyone they want, and NUFC pay for the honour.

Hell of a dream!

Foolish pride.

Think of some of those castoffs who can't get a game ahead of Messi despite their potential. Check them out on loan for a year and get a sort of emotional grip on the player. At the end of the loan, the player realises that they need to leave Barca to progress and so is happy to sign for us permanently.

Not foolish pride for me, I am not a NUFC supporter, I lived there for 8 years my daughter was boen there and I am an interested observer. Ithink it would be a crap idea for any team. Nothing to gain and everything to lose. The next Gazza etc just taken from your grasp???? I know it can't be a serious suggestion.