Richard Dunne staying at Citeh

jimmymag

Everyone including me will be refreshing this thread every 5 minutes, we'll get to about 50 pages, then he'll sign for Spurs.  :undecided:

I refuse to ever get excited about a transfer rumor again 'till I see a photo of the player in black and white stripes.

is he a Ferdinand type defender or a Terry type defender, i actually havent seen that much of him this season.

Terry.

Would probably need to sign a more "footballing" defender aswell with a bit of pace (imo) and Faye would then fill the DM position we currently need to buy for.

I was massively impressed with Dunne when City played Liverpool earlier this season. Kept Torres quiet and was amazed how quick Dunne was, I always thought of him as a lumbering no nonsense centre back, but the lad can shift as well.

SkySportsNews understands that Newcastle have enquiried about Manchester Citys Richard Dunne. The defender only has on year remaining on his City Contract at the end of the season and is yet to sign a new deal. The deal is expect to go ahead for a 'nominal fee' in the summer.

Surely he wouldnt go!!! and i would rather keep him for teh year anyway even if he wants to leave its not asif we need the money.

Im in shock but surely thats not right even with the keegan connection!!

"enquired," so I guess this is miles away from a done deal even if Sky are on the right track.

is he a Ferdinand type defender or a Terry type defender, i actually havent seen that much of him this season.

Terry.

Would probably need to sign a more "footballing" defender aswell with a bit of pace (imo) and Faye would then fill the DM position we currently need to buy for.

I was massively impressed with Dunne when City played Liverpool earlier this season. Kept Torres quiet and was amazed how quick Dunne was, I always thought of him as a lumbering no nonsense centre back, but the lad can shift as well.

I think he just reads the game well rather than him being pacey.

Terry.

i thought he was awesome at old trafford as well.

he's turned from the white bramble into a top centre half dunne.

So competition for Faye then? Cant say id be too overwhelmed in that case, was hoping for a footballing defender, its what we're aching for.

i'd rather play him with faye and sit taylor on his arse next to given tbh

So competition for Faye then? Cant say id be too overwhelmed in that case, was hoping for a footballing defender, its what we're aching for.

O0

Cant play 2 defenders of the same style together it just doesnt work, like all partnerships througout centre of the team.

Guest kingdawson

The leader at the back we've been crying out for, wouldn't be surprised if Keegan doesn't buy a quick defender to partner him (Chimbonda?)

Chimbonda won't play CB.

He laughed at Spurs for suggesting it to him, he won't move for it for sure.

And thank fuk.

That was all rubbish as he's played cb with us numerous times this season (and done a good job) after those quotes were made.

Was anyone else watching this?

Why? Do you consider me a WUM Bagheed??

No, just interested if anyone else seen it so they could tell us what the source was.

It began SSN understands that contact has been made between the 2 clubs. No source given.

Terry.

i thought he was awesome at old trafford as well.

he's turned from the white bramble into a top centre half dunne.

I certainly haven't seen him much but it must have more of the former and not much of the latter. You guys all seem unanimous though.

Cant play 2 defenders of the same style together it just doesnt work, like all partnerships througout centre of the team.

so we should play a good one and a shite one instead?

aye, that'll work

I hope everyone knows we cannot pair Taylor and Dunne

Why not?

I think he'd be ideal to help progress Taylor's career.

because they're both slow and vunerable against pacey, agile strikers

and before anyone throws 'Terry and Carvalho' at me, those two are great defenders with excellent game reading skills who still manage to strugle now and then against a quick attack

He's far better than Faye.

So we are looking to replace our best centre half then?