Richard Dunne staying at Citeh

jimmymag

He'll be very good for them if it's true. They're building quite a team, unfortunately.

and then, they will finish the season in mid table again... :-)

new world-class manager, new quality players... i'm sorry to say but now that's harder to believe

He'll be very good for them if it's true. They're building quite a team, unfortunately.

and then, they will finish the season in mid table again... :-)

new world-class manager, new quality players... i'm sorry to say but now that's harder to believe

the same thing as last season...you'll see!

How is that obvious?

Because the lack of activity is dangerously low.

You'd think we'd be trying to shift some of the shit as well, but nothing is even being strongly linked out. Reckon KK thinks they are good enough, Smith, Duff and the likes of.

Worrying for me.

Do you know what activity is going on then? Or are you just going off what the press are saying?

Although as I've already pointed out, maybe they're closer to the mark than I thought.

How is that obvious?

You'd think we'd be trying to shift some of the s*** as well, but nothing is even being strongly linked out. Reckon KK thinks they are good enough, Smith, Duff and the likes of.

Worrying for me.

its very early days tbf

How is that obvious?

You'd think we'd be trying to shift some of the s*** as well, but nothing is even being strongly linked out. Reckon KK thinks they are good enough, Smith, Duff and the likes of.

Worrying for me.

its very early days tbf

We needs some early signings or this summer will be a disaster. We'll end up chasing the dross and paying over the odds for shite and we will go nowhere, again for another season.

Obviously KK really does believe he only needs one or two players to get the team going. Going to be a long summer.

What about the constantly repeated 4 or 5 players comment? Or the mention of two lists of players for every position? Keegan isn't a liar.

Do you know what activity is going on then? Or are you just going off what the press are saying?

Although as I've already pointed out, maybe they're closer to the mark than I thought.

Maybe they are close to the mark when were being linked with nothing of note, not getting anywhere near a deal at best going to watch a player while there's a power struggle going on. Maybe they've nailed it there Dave eh?

How is that obvious?

Worrying for me.

its very early days tbf

afraid i'm erring on TT's side...not sure what benefit there can possibly be for the club in not making early moves (to sign new and ship out the shite), all these "don't worry be happy" merchants can't answer that question

it's 2 days before the window opens and a week before the euros - spurs and arsenal have already started moving to secure players before values soar

i'm not a panic merchant about this but my gut feeling is that the rumoured conflict with keegan/wise etc... is very real and very unlikely to resolve itself easily

We needs some early signings or this summer will be a disaster.

Incredible hyperbole IMO.

Everyone would prefer to get the players in on day one (including the manager and the club, I'd imagine), but it simply doesn't work like that.

How is that obvious?

Worrying for me.

its very early days tbf

We needs some early signings or this summer will be a disaster. We'll end up chasing the dross and paying over the odds for s**** and we will go nowhere, again for another season.

we're on the same wavelength mate - after the "club review" and employment of vetere/jiminez i really expected an early concerted move in the market...an attempt to have players in place before bidding wars start/values increase etc...

i basically expected a break from the last decade of agent driven deals & last minute buys at high prices

not of that looks likely to materialise and it's disappointing should it happen as you describe

Maybe they are close to the mark when were being linked with nothing of note, not getting anywhere near a deal at best going to watch a player while there's a power struggle going on. Maybe they've nailed it there Dave eh?

We've been linked with tons of players so far.

http://www.nufc.com/2007-08html/2008-05robrum.html

http://www.nufc.com/2007-08html/2008-04robrum.html

We needs some early signings or this summer will be a disaster.

Incredible hyperbole IMO.

Everyone would prefer to get the players in on day one (including the manager and the club, I'd imagine), but it simply doesn't work like that.

why doesn't it work like that?  who says?  i see no reason why it shouldn't should a club wish to force an issue - arsenal have just done it with nasri haven't they?

How is that obvious?

Worrying for me.

its very early days tbf

We needs some early signings or this summer will be a disaster. We'll end up chasing the dross and paying over the odds for s**** and we will go nowhere, again for another season.

we're on the same wavelength mate - after the "club review" and employment of vetere/jiminez i really expected an early concerted move in the market...an attempt to have players in place before bidding wars start/values increase etc...

i basically expected a break from the last decade of agent driven deals & last minute buys at high prices

not of that looks likely to materialise and it's disappointing should it happen as you describe

I don't think there's anything wrong thinking like we do, it just happens we know the club and how windows work while others bury their head in the sands and hope for the best. We all hope they are right, but past shows its us who end up calling the correct outcome and the club stalls for another season.

Just don't want it to happen again, and the longer this goes on, the more likely were the correct ones again.

How is that obvious?

Worrying for me.

its very early days tbf

We needs some early signings or this summer will be a disaster. We'll end up chasing the dross and paying over the odds for shite and we will go nowhere, again for another season.

Like we did for Beye and Faye?