Richard Dunne staying at Citeh

jimmymag

The Newcastle United boss, like the rest of his Premier League managerial counter-parts, is currently enjoying a well-earned end-of-season break, but will tackle his transfer targets head on when he returns in a couple of weeks.

Blam, I win.

A holiday already?

Fuk me 3 years out of work, a sample of EPL life and he needs a fuking holiday.

He needs to be doing everything he can right now to be getting the players he wants in not two weeks time.

You want him to work from January 07 to end of May 08 without any holiday at all?

It wouldn't have bothered SBR.

And its from 08 it 08.

Guest Peter.Sthlm

The Newcastle United boss, like the rest of his Premier League managerial counter-parts, is currently enjoying a well-earned end-of-season break, but will tackle his transfer targets head on when he returns in a couple of weeks.

Blam, I win.

A holiday already?

He needs to be doing everything he can right now to be getting the players he wants in not two weeks time.

You want him to work from January 07 to end of May 08 without any holiday at all?

And its from 08 it 08.

Well Kevin Keegan and Sir Bobby aren't the same person. What works for Sir Bobby might not work for Keegan. So if Kevin feels he needs a vacation to find the right motivation or just to relax and think about other things in life for a while then let him have it. Time is still on our side. I'd be more worried if the Vetere, Wise and all of them were on holiday as well.

You're obviously right about that second part. I meant from Jan 08 to May 09, sorry about that.

Blam, I win.

A holiday already?

And its from 08 it 08.

Well Kevin Keegan and Sir Bobby aren't the same person. What works for Sir Bobby might not work for Keegan. So if Kevin feels he needs a vacation to find the right motivation or just to relax and think about other things in life for a while then let him have it. Time is still on our side. I'd be more worried if the Vetere, Wise and all of them were on holiday as well.

You're obviously right about that second part. I meant from Jan 08 to May 09, sorry about that.

End of the day i'm not running round panicking, i'm just concerned. It seems i cannot be concerned without being called for it and made into something bigger. People see it as early days, i see it as early warning signs. That's all there is too it.

Guest Peter.Sthlm

End of the day i'm not running round panicking, i'm just concerned. It seems i cannot be concerned without being called for it and made into something bigger. People see it as early days, i see it as early warning signs. That's all there is too it.

I'll admit that you were right when september comes and we haven't signed enough players but until then I see no reason to panic. But I might change my mind if we still haven't signed anyone with 2-3 weeks left of the window.

Guest Heneage

It's been confirmed he looks set to leave after turning a contract down with Citeh. Spurs leading the chase  no joke . bluelaugh.gif

I'll admit that you were right when september comes and we haven't signed enough players but until then I see no reason to panic. But I might change my mind if we still haven't signed anyone with 2-3 weeks left of the window.

Its got to be the right players as well though.

Last season showing signing anyone doesn't always work (Viduka, Geremi, Barton, Cacapa, Rozy & Smith)

PS: I don't want you to admit i'm right even if i am (god forbid) just i've been here before, had the same shit levelled at me and its turned out shite like it always has done for years.

Last season showing signing anyone doesn't always work (Viduka, Geremi, Barton, Cacapa, Rozy & Smith)

PS: I don't want you to admit i'm right even if i am (god forbid) just i've been here before, had the same s*** levelled at me and its turned out s**** like it always has done for years.

TT, I agree with you general sentiments here. The overeaction of some is a bit OTT IYAM.

You clearly are not in a state of panic but are a little concerned that nothing has happened yet and that the club appear to be dragging their heals a bit.

If we had a history of fantastic summer transfer windows, then fine lets put up our feet, relax and let the window unfold.

But unfortunately our record is quite frankly shit, the last truely great summer was over 10 years ago when we had got Ferdinand/Ginola. There we got in the bulk of our signings early on and then were in a postion to add icing on the cake late in the window by bringing in Ginola. The Belamy/Robert window was good too but that was through look more than design, I don't even think SBR could have predicted how good Belamy was going to be after his debacle at Coventry and we all know Robert was not his first choice at LW.

Becasue of our history, we really need to try something new to make sure we don't end up with highly expensive dross. Planning ahead well before the season ends  is one way to do that. Despite what Dave said previously in this thread, you are allow to negoiate with clubs and players (with the club's permission) outside of the window and hopefully that's what we are doing, there's just no evidence of it though, unlike Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs who have already locked up major signings.

The thing is people will say nothing will happen now as it's too early, when the Euros start, they'll say nothing will happen now because of the Euros. Then when they are over, all the players will be on their holidays, so nothing can happen then !! That gives you late July and early August to land your players, by then of course they've missed the bulk of preseason with you and possibly the start of the new campaign.

Bottom line is, we have previous, so I can understand people's frustrations, even at this very early stage of the closed season.

PS: I don't want you to admit i'm right even if i am (god forbid) just i've been here before, had the same s*** levelled at me and its turned out s**** like it always has done for years.

TT, I agree with you general sentiments here. The overeaction of some is a bit OTT IYAM.

You clearly are not in a state of panic but are a little concerned that nothing has happened yet and that the club appear to be dragging their heals a bit.

If we had a history of fantastic summer transfer windows, then fine lets put up our feet, relax and let the window unfold.

But unfortunately our record is quite frankly shit, the last truely great summer was over 10 years ago when we had got Ferdinand/Ginola. There we got in the bulk of our signings early on and then were in a postion to add icing on the cake late in the window by bringing in Ginola. The Belamy/Robert window was good too but that was through look more than design, I don't even think SBR could have predicted how good Belamy was going to be after his debacle at Coventry and we all know Robert was not his first choice at LW.

Becasue of our history, we really need to try something new to make sure we don't end up with highly expensive dross. Planning ahead well before the season ends  is one way to do that. Despite what Dave said previously in this thread, you are allow to negoiate with clubs and players (with the club's permission) outside of the window and hopefully that's what we are doing, there's just no evidence of it though, unlike Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs who have already locked up major signings.

The thing is people will say nothing will happen now as it's too early, when the Euros start, they'll say nothing will happen now because of the Euros. Then when they are over, all the players will be on their holidays, so nothing can happen then !! That gives you late July and early August to land your players, by then of course they've missed the bulk of preseason with you and possibly the start of the new campaign.

Bottom line is, we have previous, so I can understand people's frustrations, even at this very early stage of the closed season.

Do you really believe nothing is happening behind the scenes now?

Do you really believe nothing is happening behind the scenes now?

I pretty sure there is, but how advanced or aggresive those activities are, are of a concern to me.

My purely guesswork theory is that, we've put in a number of bids, some of which have been rejected, some of which are lying on the table but I don't see any evidence of any being accepted and negoiations begun with the player's representatives. the press jump on even the slightest thing these days, keeping anything a secret is almost impossible as it is mostly in the best interest of the player and the selling club to conduct business in the puclic domain.

We do have a precedent of extremely quiet during negotiations. Most of our transfers last summer were pretty low key - Enriques was completely unprecedented in my book.

I wouldnt be disspaointed if that same process happened again.

I have got word from a friend who is an Arsenal supporter and lives in Finsbury Park (North London) that Richard Dunne was seen at White Harte Lane today. Apparently, he was still in his Ireland suit.

I have got word from a friend who is an Arsenal supporter and lives in Finsbury Park (North London) that Richard Dunne was seen at White Harte Lane today. Apparently, he was still in his Ireland suit.

Passing on what I've been told, he was with his agent but nothing is finalised.  The medical didn't happen nor is it likely anytime soon. There are also revamped offers from Newcastle and Portsmouth so nothing yet is cut and dried.  That's how it is right now, it might be totally different tomorrow.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Passing on what I've been told, he was with his agent but nothing is finalised.  The medical didn't happen nor is it likely anytime soon. There are also revamped offers from Newcastle and Portsmouth so nothing yet is cut and dried.  That's how it is right now, it might be totally different tomorrow.

If spurs and portsmouth are in for him we have no chance!

Puts on tin hat