Scousers want Harper?

OzzieMandias

There's no way Harper will want to leave.  There's a reason why the lad has hung around at Newcastle for so many years even though he's barely gotten a game...  He loves the club and must be ecstatic at the moment to finally be getting a run in the side.

As for "TBF Harper has been terrible for years. he's been average at the very best until this season."..

Complete and utter bollocks!!!!!!!  Seriously mental comment IMO.

No its not.

And the reason why he's been happy to sit on the bench for so long as he's not been good enough to command a 1st team spot for the best part of his career, here or at any other regular EPL club.

Yes.. it is.  Either you're massively under rating Harper, or massively ove rating the rest of the leagues keepers, or a bit of both.  I mean common, take a look around at the Premiership and check out some of the keepers you claim would definitely keep Harper out..

Was the first time you saw Harper the time when he slipped and got beaten by that long range shot against Liverpool or what?  Because appart from that he's been solid to excellent every time he's been called upon.

I said before this season.

Anytime before this season when Harper has played he's not been solid or excellent.

Fair enough he's needed a run, but do you remember the last time he had a run? Do you wonder why fans who can remember that time actually hold Given in such high regard?

Thought not.

There's no way Harper will want to leave.  There's a reason why the lad has hung around at Newcastle for so many years even though he's barely gotten a game...  He loves the club and must be ecstatic at the moment to finally be getting a run in the side.

As for "TBF Harper has been terrible for years. he's been average at the very best until this season."..

No its not.

And the reason why he's been happy to sit on the bench for so long as he's not been good enough to command a 1st team spot for the best part of his career, here or at any other regular EPL club.

Yes.. it is.  Either you're massively under rating Harper, or massively overating the rest of the leagues keepers, or a bit of both.  I mean common, take a look around at the Premiership and check out some of the keepers you claim would definitely keep Harper out..

Was the first time you saw Harper the time when he slipped and got beaten by that long range shot against Liverpool or what?  Because appart from that he's been solid to excellent every time he's been called upon.

agree.. Harper is reliable.. he's been a loyal servant to the club, just like Given.. that's why i think people should shut up with all the 'let's sign Jaaskelainen' crap and show some fucking respect..

No its not.

Yes.. it is.  Either you're massively under rating Harper, or massively ove rating the rest of the leagues keepers, or a bit of both.  I mean common, take a look around at the Premiership and check out some of the keepers you claim would definitely keep Harper out..

Anytime before this season when Harper has played he's not been solid or excellent.

Fair enough he's needed a run, but do you remember the last time he had a run? Do you wonder why fans who can remember that time actually hold Given in such high regard?

Thought not.

He was pretty solid a good few years ago when he kept Given out the side for a while and Given handed in a transfer request as a result.

No its not.

Thought not.

He was pretty solid a good few years ago when he kept Given out the side for a while and Given handed in a transfer request as a result.

Given was injured and lost his place, Harper was playing average, nothing great but the manager wanted to reward him, he was actually falling apart by the time Given handed in his request, and a match or so later he himself was injured and Given returned.

No its not.

Thought not.

Given was injured and lost his place, Harper was playing average, nothing great but the manager wanted to reward him, he was actually falling apart by the time Given handed in his request, and a match or so later he himself was injured and Given returned.

Harper did a decent job in that spell tbh, perfectly solid, to say he was falling apart is just utter bollocks.

No its not.

Thought not.

Harper did a decent job in that spell tbh, perfectly solid, to say he was falling apart is just utter bollocks.

No he didn't, he was average at best. 90% of toon fans couldn't wait till Given was back in the net, i do actually remember this quite well, obviously you don't.

Yes Toons Taylor, I do remember the last time he had a run in the team, I don't think you do though.  It was the start of the current season, what did he do so badley in those games then?  Or am I correct in thinking that you thought the last time he had a run was at the start of last season?.. the infamous slip for Alonso's goal..

I seriously think you have that one period in your head and can't really remember much more of Harper.

No its not.

Thought not.

No he didn't, he was average at best. 90% of toon fans couldn't wait till Given was back in the net, i do actually remember this quite well, obviously you don't.

I wanted Given back in net like most because Given was a far superior player to Harper at the time, but Harper was solid enough, he has improved a little since then while Given has gone backwards since Marlon Harewood almost killed him.

Yes Toons Taylor, I do remember the last time he had a run in the team, I don't think you do though.  It was the start of the current season, what did he do so badley in those games then?  Or am I correct in thinking that you thought the last time he had a run was at the start of last season?.. the infamous slip for Alonso's goal..

I seriously think you have that one period in your head and can't really remember much more of Harper.

I SAID BEFORE THIS SEASON!

Are you thick as fuk or blind or a bit of both?

FFS man.

No its not.

Thought not.

I wanted Given back in net like most because Given was a far superior player to Harper at the time, but Harper was solid enough, he has improved a little since then while Given has gone backwards since Marlon Harewood almost killed him.

Given is on the worst form of his life (inc injuries) while Harper is in the best form of his life. The quality difference between the two remain even if the form of both have levelled out or have even swapped.

I'd start Harper over Given now, and probably for next season, but Harper is peaking and coming of age, finally, Given when he settles down and comes out of this period will be by far the superior keeper, people need to remember this, seems like a lot are forgetting.

FFS man.

Chill man.  :lol:

FFS man.

Does anyone else remember the two periods under Gullit & SBR? He was terrible. But a lot of people were forgiven due to not expecting much and the fact he's a local lad and deserved his chance, the exact same reason SBR gave him that extended chance at Given's expense.

Fuking dicks banging on about Alonso's goal FFS like thats the only time he's ever done fuk all wrong, honestly man.

FFS man.

No you idiot :lol:, what you said is that he's been bad every season appart from this one.  That's entirely different to when you then said "do you remember the last time he had a run in the team".. which actually was at the start of this season..  You might not want to question other people's knowledge when you obviously can't remember yourself..

FFS man.

Does anyone else remember the two periods under Gullit & SBR? He was terrible. But a lot of people were forgiven due to not expecting much and the fact he's a local lad and deserved his chance, the exact same reason SBR gave him that extended chance at Given's expense.

Fuking dicks banging on about Alonso's goal FFS like thats the only time he's ever done fuk all wrong, honestly man.

Makes nearly as many mistakes as Steven Taylor...;)

FFS man.

No you idiot :lol:, what you said is that he's been bad every season appart from this one.  That's entirely different to when you then said "do you remember the last time he had a run in the team".. which actually was at the start of this season..  You might not want to question other people's knowledge when you obviously can't remember yourself..

I've been banging on about 'apart from this season' from the off in this thread you moron, you even commented on it. Jesus fuking wept.

:rolleyes:

Its also what started this whole disagreement, so why would i include anything to do with this season? Idiot.

FFS man.

He wasn't terrible though, he was solid enough with a few mistakes early on which were understandable having not been playing regular first team football, same with his fuck ups at Spurs and Liverpool in recent years.

FFS man.

He wasn't terrible though, he was solid enough with a few mistakes early on which were understandable having not been playing regular first team football, same with his fuck ups at Spurs and Liverpool in recent years.

He was.

FFS man.

He was.

Wasn't. :lol:

I'm not saying he was great, he wasn't but he was nowhere near as bad as you are making out. I just think you are over exaggerating how 'poor' he was to make your point.

Taylor, please calm down and think for a moment, because you're making an idiot of yourself mate.  My post was in reply to one question and one question only "Do you remember the last time he had a run in the team".  You obviously thought that his last run of games was in the 2006-2007 season..  If you hadn't tried to take the piss by suggesting I couldn't remember the last time he's played then perhaps I wouldn't have pulled you up on it.  Moral of the story, stop being a dick.

Taylor, please calm down and think for a moment, because you're making an idiot of yourself mate.  My post was in reply to one question and one question only "Do you remember the last time he had a run in the team".  You obviously thought that his last run of games was in the 2006-2007 season..  If you hadn't tried to take the piss by suggesting I couldn't remember the last time he's played then perhaps I wouldn't have pulled you up on it.

No sorry, you are the one not reading things properly to suit:

Thought not.

If you think i was talking about this start of the season then you sir are the idiot.

Thought not.

The biggest mistake I've seen from Harper was a slip which resulted in a freak goal, the biggest mistake I've seen from Given was when he put the ball down and Dublin came from behind and scored, they've both made mistakes.

Dear me...  Yes, I know you're questioning his performances from before the current season, doesn't change anything.  The fact is you thought his last run in the team was prior to this season.