Our rivals in 2008/2009

Dave

What will your feelings be if we achieve a mid table finish out of interest?

Cant contemplate KK failing,,,,,, it dosent compute,,, its never happend,, EVER

:thup:

I like your optimism, personally i dont think it will be a failureif we get a 7-9th place finish providing the football is good and theres a marked improvement, it took SBR 2 seasons to get us moving! Hopefully though we dont get a rejection riddled summer and we take off as a club, i can see us taking a lot of points off the big 4 next season.

I rekon, on recent form , KK would get top 8 with current squad, without spending.

Add 3-4 quality signings, and KK magnificent pedigree in the transfer market= HAPPY DAYS

All depends how deep ashley reaches into his pockets. Already seen it might take a few extra quid to get the right players in.

Are you confident?

Also (a point for another thread perhaps), do you think with hindsight the gamble by Mort/Ashley has paid off now, or are you still sceptical? Obviously we didn't go down, so from that point of view it's worked, but generally, are you happier now?

I rekon, on recent form , KK would get top 8 with current squad, without spending.

Add 3-4 quality signings, and KK magnificent pedigree in the transfer market= HAPPY DAYS

Other clubs won't stand still while we're out and about in the transfer market- they'll look to improve as well.

Other clubs won't stand still while we're out and about in the transfer market- they'll look to improve as well.

Man City, are really improving, with a Psychopathic Chairman,

Liverpool, Will definately suffer, with thier boardroom carry on,

Chelsea, have a good chance of sacking their manager,

Arsenal, got problems at board level,

There is plenty oportunity for us to progress,

:lol: i'm talking about our immediate rivals,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the one's challenging us for the uefa cup spot next year (spurs, villa, everton, portsmouth and fair enough you've mentioned man city).

4th is a bit out of our reach at the moment, i'd be ecstatic if we finished 5th next season.

I'm with centrepaddock82 tbh. Yes, the current top 4 have all the money, but of the next lot, we are pretty much the richest, and it hasn't got us success in the last 10 years. As someone else said, elsewhere, it's not that hard to imagine Benitez and Ferguson fucking off, leaving their next seasons an unknown quantity. Grant is unproven, Arsenal inconsistent (by their own high standards obviously) and a few are jumping ship there.

Any one of those top 4's bubbles can and will burst, nothing is permanent. All it takes is a few bad decisions by the manager/board and the mighty will fall. And Keegan will exceed expectations, as he has always done here.

I'm with centrepaddock82 tbh. Yes, the current top 4 have all the money, but of the next lot, we are pretty much the richest, and it hasn't got us success in the last 10 years. As someone else said, elsewhere, it's not that hard to imagine Benitez and Ferguson f****** off, leaving their next seasons an unknown quantity. Grant is unproven, Arsenal inconsistent (by their own high standards obviously) and a few are jumping ship there.

Any one of those top 4's bubbles can and will burst, nothing is permanent. All it takes is a few bad decisions by the manager/board and the mighty will fall. And Keegan will exceed expectations, as he has always done here.

My type of Man    :clap:

:lol: i'm talking about our immediate rivals,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the one's challenging us for the uefa cup spot next year (spurs, villa, everton, portsmouth and fair enough you've mentioned man city).

4th is a bit out of our reach at the moment, i'd be ecstatic if we finished 5th next season.

OK then,

Spurs.... what was the score at Whitehart Lane?

villa.... Dull, uninspired, will never break top 4

everton....Workmanlike, will do enough to stay in top half, no match,for Keegans Toon

portsmouth......1 good season dosent make you a great club

Man Shitty......see above,

We simply must have ambitions beyond mediocrity

It's far too early to even guess, if we get the right players in then we could push towards the top because we don't have Europe to worry about like some of the others, I'm almost certain that we'll do a lot better than this season.

Bring the bastard on.

Right, enough of the Daft banter, about optimism. Even though I love bigging up KK.

My opinion in a sensible manner.

I believe this league has a number of clubs, just below the top 4. A whole middle section of the league, who are workmanlike, effective, and looking for stability.

Few of them play really good football, more containing type of game. They lack attacking ambition, the managers dont have that, desire to attack ahead of defending.

Managers who's first priority is not to give chairman an excuse to sack them.

Its no co-incidence that the sides, that show more attacking ambition, finish the season higher up the league.... ie man u , arsenal,

Under KK , Newcastle will always attack, this is his philosophy,

It is this ambition , which i feel will be rewarded with more points , than the less ambitious, more cautious managers, of which, I believe we have a league chock full of.

Its simple to me, If you have the players, and you play a more ambitious attacking, type of game, You score more goals, win more games, gain more points, get higher up the league.

I think we will show more of this than the mid table clubs previously mentioned, and will therefore finish higher than them.

I just cant accept that KK will be looking for Mediocrity next season, its simply not in his character.

I believe his record of lowest finish 6, will not be compromised next season. Not a chance.

Mad optimism?

Maybe,

Prefer that to

Mad pesimism.

OK then,

Spurs.... what was the score at Whitehart Lane?

everton....Workmanlike, will do enough to stay in top half, no match,for Keegans Toon

portsmouth......1 good season dosent make you a great club

Man Shitty......see above,

We simply must have ambitions beyond mediocrity

Spurs - one result doesn't make a season.  That was Spurs' worst performance of the season by far.

Villa -  Dull, possibly.  Unspired? With MON in charge? The score away to Villa?  They are a difficult team to beat.

Everton - This isn't their first good season, it has been building up.

Pompey - another progressive season with a very astute manager in charge.  I don't think they will fall away readily.

Man City - a club soon to be in turmoil.  No threat to challenge the top 6 imo.

Newcastle under KK in the 90's had a stronger squad, a more talented squad and a much stronger first team.  If Ashley throws a lot of money at the problem KK still has to convince the player to join Newcastle and not go elsewhere and with the squad he does recruit he has to bind them quickly into team playing for each other.  It takes time.

Your final comment, we simply must have ambitions beyond mediocrity, could have been said by every fan in the land.  For some, mediocrity is the Championship, so retaining their Premier League status is their ambition fulfilled.  But for a lot of others, their clubs ambitions will match, or even surpass, Newcastle's at this point in time.

Serious question here. Do you actually watch football and/or pay any attention to any club that isn't NUFC?

Yes i do, martin o'neil prides himslef on his hard working, hard to beat tactics..

They played a bit of football against us when we were in disarray.

If you all think so highly of these other clubs, go and support them, instead of knocking someone who supports Newcastle.

Your final comment, we simply must have ambitions beyond mediocrity, could have been said by every fan in the land.  For some, mediocrity is the Championship, so retaining their Premier League status is their ambition fulfilled.  But for a lot of others, their clubs ambitions will match, or even surpass, Newcastle's at this point in time.

Every fan in the land, Except those earlier on this thread, predicting 9th or 10th,  Medocrity

Serious question here. Do you actually watch football and/or pay any attention to any club that isn't NUFC?

Yes i do, martin o'neil prides himslef on his hard working, hard to beat tactics..

If you all think so highly of these other clubs, go and support them, instead of knocking someone who supports Newcastle.

Are you for real? Am I not allowed to praise other clubs just because I support Newcastle? Have you any idea how many goals Villa have scored this season? They're an attacking side who go out to win games by scoring more than the opposition (and the stats go along with this) and are being rewarded for this with a very high and healthy league position. I see nothing dull or lacking in inspiration about them.

Are you for real? Am I not allowed to praise other clubs just because I support Newcastle? Have you any idea how many goals Villa have scored this season? They're an attacking side who go out to win games by scoring more than the opposition (and the stats go along with this) and are being rewarded for this with a very high and healthy league position. I see nothing dull or lacking in inspiration about them.

Seriously, Are you an Aston Villa fan?

Seriously, Are you an Aston Villa fan?

Yeah, you got me. I've been lying all this time. I hate Newcastle, Villa till I die.