'Your all Time Newcastle XI '

cp40

I am so sad, I had a rethink last nite in bed.

In honour of KKs 433 formation..new idea.

Given

Beye

Woodgate

Albert

Beresford

Speed

Keegan

Gasconie

Beardsley

Ferdinand

Shearer

Will have to go all out Attack, cos it wont win games defending

I'm surprised so many would pick Robert over Ginola.

Why? Ginola had more technical ability yes, but Robert's actual end product p*sses on Ginola's.

To that end I'm surprised at how few have gone with Andy Cole. Unbelievable goalscoring record for us.

Why? Ginola had more technical ability yes, but Robert's actual end product p*sses on Ginola's.

To that end I'm surprised at how few have gone with Andy Cole. Unbelievable goalscoring record for us.

Went with Beardsley just behind Shearer & Cole. *drools*

who was the toon keeper at white hart lane who caught the ball then fell over and the ball trickled over the line........i;m 80% sure he was callled bell

mid 70's

The only Bell I can remember was Derek who played up front a few times in the 80's, are you confusing Bell with Burleigh?

Just a bit of Fun,

Your own Era Newcastle 11, thats the best 11, you saw play.

I will have a quick try.

Given,

Beresford

Albert

Woodgate

Anderson

Speed

Keegan

Gascoine

Lee

Shearer

Beardsley

Given

Beye

Albert

Woodgate

Solano

Lee

Beardsley

Ginola

Shearer

Ferdinand

Cole

Could not leave out any of the three strikers,abs legends!

Guest LucaAltieri

I remember Robert being far more hit and miss than Ginola. Perhaps its just poor memory or romantic notions about that era.

I remember Robert being far more hit and miss than Ginola. Perhaps its just poor memory or romantic notions about that era.

More so him scoring more goals than Ginola, and assisting more.

More so him scoring more goals than Ginola, and assisting more.

Imo. Ginola had a good first half a season, when he first joined us, and drifted off, after that.

Robert, not quite as skillfull, but did more, for longer

Imo. Ginola had a good first half a season, when he first joined us, and drifted off, after that.

Robert, not quite as skillfull, but did more, for longer

Ginola was rarely the same player after he was wrongly sent off when we played away to Arsenal, he was brilliant before the sending off.

Ginola was never the same after he got sent off at Arsenal in the League Cup. It affected him badly imo. :(

Edit: f****** hell Mick!  :doh:

True though, you could see it drain him.

Ginola was never the same after he got sent off at Arsenal in the League Cup. It affected him badly imo. :(

Aye. He got lumps kicked out of him all that game.

:nods:

Dixon kicked the shit out of him all game and the ref did nowt. He retaliated and got sent off. That was the start of his 'persecution complex' and he was never the same.

MIDDS

Maybe not for us, but didnt he win footballer of the year at the Spuds after leaving us?

That was at Spurs and doesn't change how he was never the same player for us, it doesn't change what Midds said.

Guest Knightrider

Given

Venison Woodgate Albert Beresford

Solano Lee Speed Sellars

Shearer Cole

Very hard to leave out the likes of Beardsley, Ginola, Robert and Sir Les et al.

Given

Solano Lee Speed Sellars

Shearer Cole

Very hard to leave out the likes of Beardsley, Ginola, Robert and Sir Les et al.

Bit of a lack of flair in that team tbh, your Allardyce-esque obsession with hard-workers knows no bounds... :razz:

Seriously though, I'd struggle to justify putting Cole in ahead of Beardsley, especially with Shearer already in the team to provide the goals.

Given

Solano Lee Speed Sellars

Shearer Cole

The problem with that team is you've left comfortably the best player out.

Guest Knightrider

Given

Solano Lee Speed Sellars

Shearer Cole

Bit of a lack of flair in that team tbh, your Allardyce-esque obsession with hard-workers knows no bounds... :razz:

Seriously though, I'd struggle to justify putting Cole in ahead of Beardsley, especially with Shearer already in the team to provide the goals.

My selection is based on faves of mine or players I've had more joy watching play rather than the best players or best possible lineup.

If I was going to pick a side based on ability and balance I'd go with the following:

Given

Beye Woodgate Albert Enrique

Solano Lee Batty Ginola

Shearer Beardsley

Given

Solano Lee Speed Sellars

Shearer Cole

My selection is based on faves of mine or players I've had more joy watching play rather than the best players or best possible lineup.

If I was going to pick a side based on ability and balance I'd go with the following:

Given

Beye Woodgate Albert Enrique

Solano Lee Batty Ginola

Shearer Beardsley

Enrique's done canny well like, seeing as a couple of weeks ago you never rated him.