'Your all Time Newcastle XI '

cp40

'Your Shak, 2J & Mowen's all Time Newcastle XI '

;)

Look HTT, we clearly know better than you. Do you want advice on anything else whilst we're here?

Aye, how would I go about telling someone they are a cunt, without getting myself banned?

;)

Do it on Toontastic.

It's HTT though, so we'd probably ban him.

'Your Shak, 2J & Mowen's all Time Newcastle XI '

;)

Look HTT, we clearly know better than you. Do you want advice on anything else whilst we're here?

Aye, how would I go about telling someone they are a cunt, without getting myself banned?

;)

Do it on Toontastic.

It's HTT though, so we'd probably ban him.

Yeah, fair point.

Beardsley          Shearer

Ginola              Batty                Lee              Gillespie

Beresford          Albert            Woodgate        Beye

Given

Quite scary how ive gone for our midfield from the previous keegan era! We need to sign some players in summer!!

97/98 and onwards, then...

Given

Beye   Woodgate   Faye   Bernard

Solano     Speed   Dyer      Robert

Shearer   Martins

Honorable mentions to: Dabizas, Batty, Lee, Bellamy

cant believe dyer would make anybodys 11, 2 good games a season out of him

I hate to to say this, but NE5's team is pretty damn good.

However, I think I would be making a couple of changes in defence.

I would have Moncur instead of Burton and Alan Kennedy instead of Clark.

I would have found a place for Bryan "Pop" Robson on the bench. I am pleased NE5 included the best player I have ever seen in a black and white shirt...........Tony Green.

how many people - including me - have forgotten about putting Keegan into the team as a player, as well as the manager

It's nice for you that you agree with me on something, there's hope for you possibly. You've kept a low profile since you accused me of being the forum idiot for telling you once again how way out of depth you are when talking about Keegan as NUFC manager ie "won nowt" "lost 12 point lead" "tactically naive" etc etc all the usual rubbish, even funnier is you still haven't cottoned onto the fact that all his successor never matched him and only one got close..........care to retract those comments yet  mackems.gif

I realise it is difficult to get Shearer & Supermac in the same side but for those off us who saw Supermac play - how do you leave him out?

Quite easily, really. There's only room for one centre forward, and Shearer was miles better. Beardsley would have been his ideal strike partner, and it's a shame they weren't together at their peak.

Supermac had pace and power, but not much finesse, as I recall.

not decrying MacDonald at all, but he couldn't tie Shearers boots

how many people - including me - have forgotten about putting Keegan into the team as a player, as well as the manager

Keegan was past his best when he came to us. After promotion, he himself realised that he wouldn't be able to cut it any more in the top division, and got out at the right time.

Actually, even at his peak, I'd be reluctant to play him at Beardsley's expense.

Keegan was past his best when he came to us. After promotion, he himself realised that he wouldn't be able to cut it any more in the top division, and got out at the right time.

Actually, even at his peak, I'd be reluctant to play him at Beardsley's expense.

true Bob, on the basis of what we seen in a Newcastle shirt, I probably agree.

But Keegan, at his peak, is still the only British player to win European Footballer of the Year playing in a foreign country - and maybe won it twice in total as well if he also won it at Liverpool ?

Guest Knightrider

How good was KK? Everyone I know of that generation says he's their fave player, well not everyone, but a lot, and how great he was, but they also all say he wasn't the best player in terms of ability. Must have been damn good to win what he did though. RE Len White, the granddad of a bairn in my nephew's team says he was the best of them all, even better than Shearer, and it's an opinion I've heard a good few times from some of the older generation who saw those players. A few people also say Wor Jackie, brilliant striker of a ball, very quick and a huge hero, wasn't the best player either.

Guest Knightrider

Bobby Mitchell? The clips suggest the ball was tied to a string with that man, two footed winger. In the 55 Cup Final DVD, I thought he was amazing, grainy quality and it was the 50s, but you could tell what a good player he was.

the two seasons keegan played here 82-84, he was head and shoulders the best player in the division, and played a massive part in our promotion, to div1. He helped get the best out of players like Waddle and Beardsly.

Just before he joined us from Southampton, He was div1 top scorer.

Before that he was European player of the year at Hamburg. not too bad eh.

How good was KK? Everyone I know of that generation says he's their fave player, well not everyone, but a lot, and how great he was, but they also all say he wasn't the best player in terms of ability

Think Cantona at Man Utd but not on such a grand stage. Like Cantona if you break KK down as player at Newcastle & compare him to others I am sure you will find players that were better than him at most things but none of them players could influence the crowd like KK did or make the other 10 players around them better players.

GIVEN

BEYE        WOODGATE      ALBERT        BERESFORD

LEE

GAZZA              WADDLE

BEARDSLEY

SHEARER            SIR LES or COLE

Surprised there haven't been more teams with Hamann in.

didnt get enough time or chances to show his quality here.

Thought he oozed class, tbh. Great passer, cool head and a great shot on him. Certainly a better player, imo, than Speed in terms of ability.

GK - Given

LB - Bernard

CB - Woodgate

CB - Taylor/Faye

RB - Beye

LW - Robert

CM - Speed

CM - Butt

RW - Solano

CF - Shearer

CF - Bellamy

Subs: Harper Dabizas Bowyer Owen Martins

Taylor? ???

Aye Taylor, yina, steven taylor who plays for newcastle united...

oh and i dont question half of other peoples choices. i meen someone put dyer, he mustve had 20 good games and thats it

Guest Peter.Sthlm

Given

Beye

Woodgate

Dabizas

Bernard

Solano

Speed

Robert

Bellamy

Shearer

Martins

Taylor? ???

Aye Taylor, yina, steven taylor who plays for newcastle united...

oh and i dont question half of other peoples choices. i meen someone put dyer, he mustve had 20 good games and thats it

Fair enough, but "all time" is a little over the top IMO. For the time being...  O0