This Sunday's Rumours

Thespence

Anelka was all pace when he joined Arsenal. Adebayor & Eboue have improved a hell of lot from the raw players they were when they first joined Arsenal.

Henry had the touch of a rapist when he joined Arsenal as well.

Gerraway.  :lol:

Ok I admit it, I just wanted to use that phrase :lol:  However the ball would often get away from Henry in his first season at Arsenal, he was still a relatively raw player when they signed him (blistering pace but not enough ball control and a bit of tunnel vision at times).

Anelka was all pace when he joined Arsenal. Adebayor & Eboue have improved a hell of lot from the raw players they were when they first joined Arsenal.

I am not 100% sure about that as I saw him play against us for Monaco & was decent then. I think he was a bit fragile in his early days at Arsenal after his poor form & being messed around at Juve.  

He was definitely a player with fantastic potential for Monaco, not saying he was crap or anything :)  But he was a long way from the player Wenger turned him in to.

Bollocks.

Like I said, I just wanted to use that phrase :lol:  But seriously, his control was far from great at first.

He was definitely a player with fantastic potential for Monaco, not saying he was crap or anything :)  But he was a long way from the player Wenger turned him in to.

Still had a good touch though.

I can't really imagine Martins in Arsenal, looks exactly like the player Arsenal won't sign..

People say this kind of thing and I wonder how much they saw of Adebayor when he first joined.

I can't really imagine Martins in Arsenal, looks exactly like the player Arsenal won't sign..

People say this kind of thing and I wonder how much they saw of Adebayor when he first joined.

Even now you can look at him and see it. His touch has improved a lot, but still he's prone to some horrendous attempts to contol the ball.

It's about playing to his other strengths, as Arsenal do. Say what you will about Martins, but he has enough tools to be fabulously effective if used and developed right.

Hope he stays here.

Newcastle Interested In Croatian Player Ivica OlicAfter failure with Luka Modric`s transfer, Newcastle turned to another Croatia international, HSV attacker Ivica Olic.

In The People

Doesn't really seem likely.

Newcastle Interested In Croatian Player Ivica OlicAfter failure with Luka Modric`s transfer, Newcastle turned to another Croatia international, HSV attacker Ivica Olic.

In The People

Doesn't really seem likely.

*Newcastle approach Croatian player*

*Newcastle miss out on Croatian player*

*Newcastle story required for Sunday paper*

*'Newcastle approach different Croatian player' will work*

*Newcastle story complete*