Other clubs' transfers

Dave

And the comment about him not starting enough games is his own f***ing fault, he's been injured for something like 7 months. He's been selected in about 95% of the games he's been available for.

I think you have the wrong end of the stick, he thinks he may not get as many games at Man City due Robinho + Santa if he signs.

Three things about Tottenham that I reckon would attract players:

1) It's in London.

2) Out of the London teams, they're the most "on the up" as far as public image goes (regardless of actual results/reality).

3) Out of the "big" London teams it's the one that any mid-level player could look at and possibly play for regularly because they couldn't break into Arsenal/Chelsea/whatever.

Guest kingdawson

What is the attraction with Spurs ffs?

Did you read the article?

He reckons he'd have more chance of regular football there.

I mean in general. All players seem to have this burning desire to go there, when in actual fact they're a very unstable club with an oversized, unbalanced squad. The amount of players who have struggled there after being good before their transfer is unreal - Bentley, Boateng, Darren Bent, Pavulychenko, Gomes, Bale. A whole bucket of talent there, some already established international players, whose careers are going to s*** at White Hart Lane.

I would go as far to say that Spurs are almost as unstable as we are.

Pavlychenko has scored 10 goals in 20 games. Wouldnt exactly call that struggling. Bale is in bad form but he was excellent last season and Gomes has been very impressive the last couple of months.

I mean in general. All players seem to have this burning desire to go there, when in actual fact they're a very unstable club with an oversized, unbalanced squad. The amount of players who have struggled there after being good before their transfer is unreal - Bentley, Boateng, Darren Bent, Pavulychenko, Gomes, Bale. A whole bucket of talent there, some already established international players, whose careers are going to s*** at White Hart Lane.

Pavlychenko has scored 10 goals in 20 games. Wouldnt exactly call that struggling. Bale is in bad form but he was excellent last season and Gomes has been very impressive the last couple of months.

I didn't know it was exactly 1 in 2 but I had a feeling. It's something people haven't really noticed. Quietly, he's actually starting to settle into the style of the English Premiership. It may not be reflected by a strong set of results of the team, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets another 10 between now and the end of the season. Which wouldn't be half bad.

I didn't know it was exactly 1 in 2 but I had a feeling. It's something people haven't really noticed. Quietly, he's actually starting to settle into the style of the English Premiership. It may not be reflected by a strong set of results of the team, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets another 10 between now and the end of the season. Which wouldn't be half bad.

Aye, he's banging them in in the Carling cup, not so much in the league. He's struggling if you consider the price tag attached to him...

Pav's done well generally but he's only scored 3 in the league, so I'd say he's struggling a bit. On the other hand, people say Bent's struggling but he's got 7 league goals already. You need to bang 'em in in the league 'cos that's where it counts the most.

"Everton and Portsmouth want to sign Javier Saviola on loan from Real Madrid, who are amenable to sending the Argentina striker out on a short-term deal."

Bloke is 27 now, would of liked us to have signed one time, now I am never sure about signing names who have been squad players for a long period of time. Can they pick it up again?

"Everton and Portsmouth want to sign Javier Saviola on loan from Real Madrid, who are amenable to sending the Argentina striker out on a short-term deal."

Bloke is 27 now, would of liked us to have signed one time, now I am never sure about signing names who have been squad players for a long period of time. Can they pick it up again?

I think under Keegan, with the tactics he sent the team out to play, someone of Saviola's ability might have flourished again but I am not sure that he would under Joe.

However for a loan until the end of this season, he is worth a punt. Might provide some much needed craft and guile

NEWS OF THE WORLD

Sir Alex Ferguson has made striker Karim Benzema his top summer transfer target.

Peter Crouch has pledged his future to Portsmouth.

Everton are considering a loan swoop for Javier Saviola.

Sevilla are the latest La Liga club to try to lure Jermaine Pennant to Spain.

Wigan will not force Steve Bruce to cash in on Antonio Valencia.

Manchester City must up their offer for Roque Santa Cruz to £20million.

John Utaka is being lined up by Rangers should they sell Kris Boyd.

Arsenal are set to step up their bid for Boca Juniors hardman Sebastian Battaglia.

Manchester City will move for Carlo Cudicini if Newcastle don't drop their £11million asking price for Shay Given.

Middlesbrough head a trio of English clubs eyeing former Ajax winger Tom de Mul.

Djibril Cisse has been asked by Marseille to return early from Sunderland. :lol:

Daniel Agger says all talk about his Liverpool future should be banned until the end of the season.

Bolton want Toulouse striker Andre-Pierre Gignac.

Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear hopes to sign Porto's Raul Meireles.

Hull have struck a cut-price deal with Wigan to sign Kevin Kilbane.

West Brom plan to sign Udinese star Christian Obodo and Nancy striker Marc-Antoine Fortune on loan.

Tottenham are set to offload Benoit Assou-Ekotto to St Etienne.

West Ham have turned down offers from Coventry and Watford to take teen stars Freddie Sears and James Tomkins on loan.

Stephen Hunt admits the chance of a Premier League return is too much to resist.

Everton could make a £500,000 move for Bristol City defender James Wilson. (BAGGY: Know or herd oot about this player?)

Seol Ki-Hyeon is poised to leave Fulham.

John Ward is the favourite to take over at Walsall after Jimmy Mullen's sacking.

DAILY STAR SUNDAY

Newcastle have angrily rejected a 'laughable' £3million bid from Manchester City for Shay Given.

David Bentley's Spurs future is in the balance. :lol:

Manchester City will use Michael Johnson as bait in an attempt to sign either Everton defender Joleon Lescott or Newcastle goalkeeper Shay Given.

Joe Kinnear has slammed stories Charles N'Zogbia is on his way out of Newcastle.

Gareth Southgate admits Middlesbrough must match Stewart Downing's ambition if they are to have any hope of keeping him.

Gary Neville is on course to become an Old Trafford 'lifer'.

Portsmouth want Bosnian striker Edin Dzeko.

Sir Alex Ferguson is monitoring Sofiane Feghouli - billed as the new Zinedine Zidane.

Super-agent Pini Zahavi is funding a consortium bidding to buy a Premier League club.

Paddy Kenny is poised for talks with Newcastle about a £5million move. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Manchester City will increase Scott Parker's wages by £22,000 a week if they can prise the England international from West Ham.

Blackburn are lining up Alan Smith as a replacement for Roque Santa Cruz.

Reading midfielder Stephen Hunt is being eyed by six Premier League clubs.

Juande Ramos is on collision course with Spurs over Wigan star Antonio Valencia.

David Beckham might turn his back on LA Galaxy and strike a permanent deal with AC Milan.

Hull have struck a deal with Wigan for Kevin Kilbane.

Simon Davey says Jamie Ward has priced himself out of a move to Barnsley. Viking Stavanger are now keen to sign the Chesterfield striker.

Goalkeeper Lee Grant is set to stay at Sheffield Wednesday.

Chelsea striker Morten Nielsen is wanted by Rennes.

SUNDAY MIRROR

Chelsea paid agent Pini Zahavi about £900,000 commission following Wayne Bridge's move to Manchester City.

Manchester City are closing in on Andrei Arshavin after agreeing an £18million fee with Zenit St Petersburg.

Tottenham are set to offer David Bentley to Middlesbrough in a swap deal for Stewart Downing.

Sporting Libson midfielder Miguel Veloso is the latest target for Manchester City as Mark Hughes attempts to use the transfer window to save his job.

Emile Heskey will sit tight at Wigan and wait until the end of the season.

Stoke have stepped up their chase for Ivory Coast star Aruna Dindane.

Blackburn have beaten Newcastle in the race to sign France international Gael Givet.

Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear has been told every player in his squad has a price.

Everton boss David Moyes is set to make a £500,000 bid for Bristol City defender James Wilson.

Arsenal are set to strengthen their squad with the signings of Jimmy Bullard and Jack Collison.

The Elton John/Graham Taylor partnership is set to be reunited at Watford.

David Beckham will be offered a long-term deal at AC Milan.

Crystal Palace and Charlton are set to battle it out for Danny Webber.

THE PEOPLE

Harry Redknapp is eyeing a £10million swoop for Wigan's Wilson Palacios.

Carlos Tevez has sounded out a move to Real Madrid with Gabriel Heinze.

Sunderland will look for a top foreign manager in the summer. :yikes:

Middlesbrough are ready to make a £5million bid for Jimmy Bullard.

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce is chasing Nancy's Mickael Chretien.

Emile Heskey will reject all offers and stay at Wigan until the summer.

Stoke are prepared to pay a club-record fee for Aruna Dindane.

West Ham want £2million for Lucas Neill after putting his Upton Park future at risk by offering him a cut-price contract.

Newcastle have joined the race for Nicky Shorey and are willing to exchange him with Charles N'Zogbia.

Joe Kinnear is gearing up for a winner-takes-all fight with Sam Allardyce over James Beattie.

Richard Dunne is being offered to rival Premier League clubs as Mark Hughes tries to shake up Manchester City.

Celtic want Manchester City youngster Ched Evans on loan.

Portsmouth want Bosnian striker Edin Dzeko.

Sheffield United have agreed a deal with Reading for Leroy Lita.

Roy Keane wants another crack at football management. :lol:

Watford are set to pay off Leigh Bromby.

Coventry midfielder Jay Tabb is being tracked by all of the Championship's three leading clubs.

Yeovil are ready to snap up Luke Rodgers from Port Vale.

Andy Monkhouse is a target for Swndon.

MAIL ON SUNDAY

Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate will persist with his efforts to swap Mido for Alan Smith.

West Ham's future will be decided by an overseas bank and not the Carlos Tevez affair.

Mark Hughes is considering shopping abroad because Premier League clubs are pricing themselves out of the market.

SUNDAY EXPRESS

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has already lined up a replacement for Carlos Tevez - Lyon hitman Karim Benzema.

David Beckham will turn his back on LA Galaxy for a permanent deal with AC Milan.

Super-agent Pini Zahavi is fronting a consortium bidding to buy a Premier League club.

Newcastle are closing in on Rangers midfielder Pedro Mendes.

Aston Villa are poised to make a move for Roberto Canella.

David Bentley's Spurs future is hanging in the balance.

Newcastle are weighing up a £4million move for Coventry's Kieran Westwood.

Reading boss Steve Coppell has slapped an £8million price tag on Kevin Doyle.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp wants to sign Pascal Chimbonda.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/interactiveEditorial/0,16398,3209,00.html

I love this kind of scare mongering. :lol:

We were told the same in the summer, but when you think the prices we've received for players under Ashley (Parker £7m, Dyer £7m, Milner £12m, Rozehnal £2.9m) it's not like it's cut-prices. The fact we've rejected £2m for Barton and want £6.5m shows this.

We were told the same in the summer, but when you think the prices we've received for players under Ashley (Parker £7m, Dyer £7m, Milner £12m, Rozehnal £2.9m) it's not like it's cut-prices. The fact we've rejected £2m for Barton and want £6.5m shows this.

They have there price does not mean we are having a fire sale.

They have there price does not mean we are having a fire sale.

Exactly.

Zenit reject a £10mill offer from Arsenal for.... Guess who?

:lol:

Thought that they had agreed a fee and were sorting personal terms out?

SSN reporting Zenit have refused the offer..

Zenit St Petersburg have revealed they have turned down a bid from Arsenal for midfielder Andrei Arshavin. The Gunners are hoping to sign the Russian

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/11012009/58/premier-league-zenit-snub-arsenal-arshavin-bid.html

Heskey back to Liverpool :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1112323/Wigans-Heskey-Kops-deal-old-club-Liverpool.html

Emile Heskey has agreed a pre-contract to return to his old club Liverpool in the summer.

Rafael Benitez is reluctant to pay £4million to sign the England striker from Wigan in the transfer windowand has decided to wait until he is out of contract.

If true I do have to wonder why the hell Benitez chooses Heskey to bring back to Anfield rather than Owen.

Heskey back to Liverpool :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1112323/Wigans-Heskey-Kops-deal-old-club-Liverpool.html

Emile Heskey has agreed a pre-contract to return to his old club Liverpool in the summer.

Rafael Benitez is reluctant to pay £4million to sign the England striker from Wigan in the transfer windowand has decided to wait until he is out of contract.

If true I do have to wonder why the hell Benitez chooses Heskey to bring back to Anfield rather than Owen.

He has Torres as his goal scorer, Heskey will be the distraction.

Heskey 19 games 3 goals, Rafa is a fkn strange bloke, unless Kuyt is off in the summer..

===================================================

Bolton manager Gary Megson claimed he has ended his interest in Joey Barton after the club had a £2m bid rejected for the Newcastle midfielder. (0915GMT, Press Association)

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4783177,00.html

"We move on. Joey is a good player and a former England international.

"But he has certainly had his problems. There is an amount we would go to and that's it. We would not go any further."

We'd never accept a 65% loss on him tbf.

This and the supposed value City place on Shay show how the other clubs view our situation though. They think we're desperate.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4783177,00.html

"We move on. Joey is a good player and a former England international.

"But he has certainly had his problems. There is an amount we would go to and that's it. We would not go any further."

We'd never accept a 65% loss on him tbf.

This and the supposed value City place on Shay show how the other clubs view our situation though. They think we're desperate.

Aye £2mill and £3mill are just insults, we paid £5.8mill for Joey and he is woh about £4mill even with his past history, as for the £3mill offer for Shay one of the best keepers in the league City should be told to fk off no matter what they offer now.