Other clubs' transfers

Dave

4 clubs in just over 18 months now for Martins as well.

Really? Wolfsburg, Rubin, Brum and...?

Edit: oh right, aye. :lol:

Newcastle?

He's the sort of player they need. I feel the main reason Birmingham have regressed is having no 'spark' upfront (Chucho last season)  and having a lot of slow/strong forwards - Zigic, Jerome, Derbyshire and ancient Phillips is quite a predictable array of forwards. Alright, players like Oba and Chucho are unpredictable and can be utterly s**** beyond reason at times, but they s*** defenders up.

cameron jerome is a speedy guy.

Guest dazzanufc1892

id die for cameron jerome to sign for another team, my mate uses brum on fifa 11 and he has scored in every single game. 30 yard screamer the other night, harper was helpless

I was actually a semi-fan of Oba  :blush: Every now and again he realised he was fast and that he could strike a ball, good times.

He didn't realise it anywhere near enough. Someone with his pace should've really been able to get behind defenders and cause trouble but his lack of a brain meant he couldn't. The few times he did his finishing was so shambolic the goalkeeper could've gave the lad an open goal and he'd have walloped it into row M. That's why we had to make do with him striking one in from 30 yards every few months.

Guest Heneage

Maybe Oba's comedy first touch, his complete inability to finish and his David Copperfield disappearing act will be endearing when he's not taking £90,000 a week from my club.

The worst being no one believed he was on 90k. I remember receiving dogs abuse for saying he was.

Maybe Oba's comedy first touch, his complete inability to finish and his David Copperfield disappearing act will be endearing when he's not taking £90,000 a week from my club.

The worst being no one believed he was on 90k. I remember receiving dogs abuse for saying he was.

I don't see why. He was signed when we were the height of paying silly sums for shite players, I'd have thought it was common knowledge.

He's comparable with Owen for me in terms of contempt shown to the club towards the end. People forget he feigned injury or illness under Allardyce, Kinnear and Shearer when he didn't fancy it. Christ, under JFK he was rarely at the training ground even when he declared himself fit. I'm not surprised to see his career has went down the pan.

Guest neesy111

I thought it was common knowledge he was, hence why he was desperate to join us initially.

Guest Heneage

I don't see why. He was signed when we were the height of paying silly sums for s**** players, I'd have thought it was common knowledge.

He's comparable with Owen for me in terms of contempt shown to the club towards the end. People forget he feigned injury or illness under Allardyce, Kinnear and Shearer when he didn't fancy it. Christ, under JFK he was rarely at the training ground even when he declared himself fit. I'm not surprised to see his career has went down the pan.

From the understanding I was given, he was on about 60-70k but around the time the January Arsenal links came the club raised it so he wouldn't submit a request or try and leave.

hence why he was desperate to join us initially.

And why we was so upset when he left.

I don't see why. He was signed when we were the height of paying silly sums for s**** players, I'd have thought it was common knowledge.

Libelous.

Guest neesy111

hence why he was desperate to join us initially.

And why we was so upset when he left.

Yeap, I posted that just before.

Libelous.

I was under the impression libel had to be untrue?

Guest neesy111

He was on £90k?

Around that.

Guest neesy111

Libelous.

I was under the impression libel had to be untrue?

Yeap, and your version of events are not untrue.  The way he feigned injury v Stoke was the last straw for me with him.