Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest king harry

He will never get a game in the middle of the park for us, if anything he will filter between left back and left midfield, like riise used to. He is worth no more than 10 million, id say about 7. At the moment he is a big fish in a small pond.

Lampard moved to Chelsea when he was 21 tbf.

Still ... I respect Frank's game and he does score a hell of a lot of goals from midfield, but for me Barry is a better all round player right now even. If you put Barry on a team with the likes of Gerrard and torres and Mascherano he would be disgustingly good I feel. In the same way Lampard has greatly enjoyed the luxury of playing with Makelele, Essien and Drogba.

In regards to Alonso I think Benitez wants someone with a bit more toughness which is where Barry comes in.

He will never get a game in the middle of the park for us, if anything he will filter between left back and left midfield, like riise used to. He is worth no more than 10 million, id say about 7. At the moment he is a big fish in a small pond.

He's rubbish at left back. If he gets wind of that he won't be signing for you.

And as for 7m, you're having a laugh.

Liverpool fan?

I disagree. Barry will replace Alonso if he is succesfully signed. It will be Mascherano and Barry with Gerrard behind Torres.

Guest king harry

Liverpool fan?

I disagree. Barry will replace Alonso if he is succesfully signed. It will be Mascherano and Barry with Gerrard behind Torres.

I can see Alonso going so that possible, but depends if we keep that formation or sign a decent forward, if we do, he will play left back or fight it out with babbel for left midfield

Spurs are close to signing everyone.

Nice one, you just saved Jol the trouble of ever posting again. Good work. :)

Delete his account now seeing as he has no need to post.

Don't tell Dave what to do.  O0

Your manager wants £15m for an England bench warmer but thinks £10m is fair for an England starter. And you reckon £7m? I think that's bollocks to be fair.

Guest king harry

Your manager wants £15m for an England bench warmer but thinks £10m is fair for an England starter. And you reckon £7m? I think that's bollocks to be fair.

An england bench warmer, out of the lat 27 games he has started 14, and come on in the others, he also has 14 goals in them matches, and has scored at every level he has ever played in including CL. Youse payed 8 million for Beattie (snigger) and double figure millions for Johnson, who never looks like he is an international player when he has had the chance. Going by that Crouch should be worth 30 million.

Like i said i personally think he will go for about 9, all im saying is Barry isnt anything special, and an England regular, how many matches has he played for England out of the last 30 games.

Not that i care about England, id prefer it if all our players took a leaf out of carraghers book.

He's been an England regular recently under the new coaching set up. Crouch hasn't. It's pretty pointless still talking about Sven's team.

I don't see what taking shots at Beattie & Johnson has got to do with anything but ok.

Incidentally, I suspect the main reason Benitez is attempting to push cast offs on MON is because he's got no money this summer.

I also think that leaking the offer to the Liverpool Echo when we had a crucial game the next day was a shitty, shitty trick.

This is, and always has been, the Liverpool way of doing things.  Openly canvassing their potential signings to unsettle them

Guest teepee

i reckon barry will be great at pool - but again a bit sad to see every good player leaving for one of the big four (and i don't actually like villa...)

i reckon barry will be great at pool - but again a bit sad to see every good player leaving for one of the big four (and i don't actually like villa...)

Like O'Neill, like the football they play and even the players.

Can't stand the fans, or the club as a whole.

Like O'Neill, like the football they play and even the players.

Can't stand the fans, or the club as a whole.

Why?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=564926&in_page_id=1779

Sam Allardyce in the frame to replace Luigi De Canio at Queens Park Rangers

The mega-rich owners of QPR plan to appoint an English manager after announcing that first-team coach Luigi De Canio left by 'mutual consent' last night.

Reports last weekend that Zinedine Zidane was set to be unveiled were dismissed by QPR chairman Gianni Paladini.

Instead, wealthy co-owners Flavio Briatore and Bernie Ecclestone — backed by the family of Lakshmi Mittal, the world's fifth richest man — believe an experienced home-grown manager is best equipped to lead QPR back to the top flight.

Former England boss Steve McClaren and ex-Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce are understood to be interested in taking over, while Steve Cotterill and Iain Dowie have also been linked with the job.

Allardyce has been spotted at several QPR games recently and landing the job ahead of McClaren, who pipped him to the England post, would provide a modicum of revenge.

For McClaren, leading QPR to promotion backed by massive funds would restore his battered reputation.

Despite claims by both parties that De Canio's departure was by mutual consent, the 50-year-old Italian admitted he had been stunned by the decision.

He said: 'We were speaking about many things. We did not agree about everything and there were some small problems. It is a shame. I came here when QPR were bottom of the table and there was the fear of relegation in the air. I feel I did a good job at QPR.'

Guest orang

An england bench warmer, out of the lat 27 games he has started 14, and come on in the others, he also has 14 goals in them matches, and has scored at every level he has ever played in including CL. Youse payed 8 million for Beattie (snigger) and double figure millions for Johnson, who never looks like he is an international player when he has had the chance. Going by that Crouch should be worth 30 million.

Like i said i personally think he will go for about 9, all im saying is Barry isnt anything special, and an England regular, how many matches has he played for England out of the last 30 games.

Not that i care about England, id prefer it if all our players took a leaf out of carraghers book.

Re Crouch (Nov 2007):

"Everyone seems to cling to the fact that Peter Crouch's phenomenal goal record for England is down to scoring against weak teams," says Dave Lomax. "What is the average Fifa ranking of all the teams he has scored against?"

Well, Dave, barring last week's goal against Croatia, the view of 'everyone' is pretty much on the money. According to the Fifa ranking of opponents at the time of his goals against them, Crouch's 14 England strikes have come against international opposition with an average position of 67.21. Or, as things currently stand, roughly Haiti and Panama.

To put that in some context, Crouch's sometime England colleague Michael Owen has scored 40 times for his country, albeit against an average opposition ranking of 45.43. Or Chile. And, according to our somewhat dubious mathematics, if Crouch is to pull level with Owen on both goals and average opposition ranking, he would need to score, er, 26 times against Guinea, the 33rd-best team in the world.

i'm actually pretty scared of QPR :undecided:

Don't worry, Sam Allardyce will soon have them relegated, or if not him Steve McLaren.

Good grief, they have all the money in the world and the choice of manager is between these two. :doh:

Don't worry, Sam Allardyce will soon have them relegated, or if not him Steve McLaren.

Good grief, they have all the money in the world and the choice of manager is between these two. :doh:

TBF though, both managers are more than capable to getting them to where they want in the next couple of seasons.

TBF though, both managers are more than capable to getting them to where they want in the next couple of seasons.

May be, but the fans will be suffering terminal boredom by then, I can't see three billionaires liking that.

May be, but the fans will be suffering terminal boredom by then, I can't see three billionaires liking that.

Not in a few years but really winning football is all that is required in the Championship.

If you think about it both are perfect for what they are all about for a club like QPR; who need to attract biggish players (for their current size and rep) play winning football to get promoted and have a manager used to fighting for survival in the Premiership when they get there. One ex-England manager, the other the rejected candidate. For a club that this year colud have easily went down again, thats a major catch.

QPR will have done well if they get either IMHO.

Adebayor really is an ass if he's already asking for a massive salary hike!

What the hell is wrong with these players anyway? He was on his way to being nothing at Monaco. One good season and this?!

I bet he fades into obscurity if he leaves Arsenal.

Wow ... that has really surprised me.