Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Spanish media are apparently saying dos Santos completed his move last night and Coloccini could follow very soon.

Ramos said he wanted all incoming transfers to be completed by the start of pre-season training and it looks like they're trying hard to get it done.  I think there are at least 4 more though that they would like to see happen. 

What's the latest with Berbatov? Is he stull f***ing off or has he been persuaded to stay?

More likely to stay than go at the present time.  No club has gone near Levy's benchmark for him and Berbatov is maybe thinking that there won't be a repeat of last year.  His agent and the club are at least talking about extending his contract but I would guess that will drag on until it's obvious there won't be a late bidder coming in for him.

I think it really is a day to day thing, it was only about a fortnight ago that he was near guaranteed to go.

Starting to get horribly jealous of Spurs' activity. Can't stand seeing them doing anything that'll give them an advantage.

What activity? They've been linked with every player under the sun, but have they signed more than two of them?

first time i've commented on the spurs summer of links but it's crazy huh?  i remember over the last few years we've been linked with a preposterous amount of players at times but i can never remember it ever approaching this many so soon in the summer...and very few of them are tenuous, it's always talks are "at an advanced stage" or the signing "will be announced" etc...

i mean what do the papers think they'd possibly do with all these people?  form an army?  (probably the only way they'd beat arsenal or us in a legitimate game like)

Spurs linked with a £9m bid for Allan McGregor from Rangers according to the Express.

I notice MJ's kept that one quiet. :lol:

It appears to be a rehashed story from a few months ago...

I remember reading the original story which tried to say we were looking at him too. 

Guest teepee

christ I just read Wolfsburg signed not only Barzagli but also Zaccardo from Palermo. That`s 2 Italian world cup 2006 winners and they didn`t pay a great deal for them

I wish we could went for them both

interesting, but there is nothing mentioned on vfl wolfsburgs website.

where do you have this from?

bazagli would be immense!

christ I just read Wolfsburg signed not only Barzagli but also Zaccardo from Palermo. That`s 2 Italian world cup 2006 winners and they didn`t pay a great deal for them

I wish we could went for them both

interesting, but there is nothing mentioned on vfl wolfsburgs website.

where do you have this from?

bazagli would be immense!

as the days pass i'm becoming more and more intruiged by what KK & Wise's team are planning to pull out of their arses in the market

there's a very small pool of "recognised available talent" (if you will) and we appear to be out of the running for most of it

if italian international CB's don't light our fire, nor established players like Dunne perhaps, then where exactly are we looking for players?

interesting indeed

Spurs linked with a £9m bid for Allan McGregor from Rangers according to the Express.

I notice MJ's kept that one quiet. :lol:

Over 2 months ago ...................

Another cracking game tonight.  Ironical that after comceding 4 goals I thought our best player was Hutton, immense tonight imo.  Also heard tonight that we've enquired about Allan McGregor and Carlos Cuellar.  Maybe we're after the Rangers' defence?

Grant also showed how badly he got it wrong in the Carling Cup, Joe Cole was superb, unlike his namesake Ashley who was an embarrassment to his profession and John Terry who was simply an embarrassment.  Still looking good for old rednose for the title.  At least, that's what I'm hoping for.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=50539.msg1250691#msg1250691

first time i've commented on the spurs summer of links but it's crazy huh?  i remember over the last few years we've been linked with a preposterous amount of players at times but i can never remember it ever approaching this many so soon in the summer...and very few of them are tenuous, it's always talks are "at an advanced stage" or the signing "will be announced" etc...

i mean what do the papers think they'd possibly do with all these people?  form an army?  (probably the only way they'd beat arsenal or us in a legitimate game like)

Spurs draw up their list of options, then go for all of them to check availability, will the player move, salary demands, fee required etc.  When that's all sorted out, decide on preferred order and try to close the top one.  In the meantime word gets out about the others.  It puts a lot of work on Comolli but that's what he's there for.

Regarding dos Santos, Marca have said today that it's effectively done.  Google translation:

There is obviously the business of the century, but the Barcelona levied a run about 15 million by transferring to Milan and Gianluca Zambrotta's Giovani Dos Santos to Tottenham. In the case of Italian international, the club Lombard reached an agreement with Barcelona to pay about EUR 9 million over the possibility of two more variables as if Milan is classified for the Champions.

The agreement should have definitely closed yesterday, but in Milan was a public holiday, so everything has been postponed to today where both clubs initialled the agreement. In any case, progress Zambrotta represents a loss of about five million by the Blaugrana club since two seasons ago paid 14 million to Juventus. That means that the international transalpine has been devalued during his stay in the institution Blaugrana.

The case of Dos Santos is more serious, if possible, since in principle had been talked about that Barcelona would get a transfer close to 9 million euros by the young Aztec player, but eventually supply has been waning until reduced to ido pyrrhic some six million euros to pay for Tottenham Juande Ramos on the Mexican striker. Barcelona, however, could take five million more in terms of variables if the player achieves targets marked on his new contract as a number of games played and goals scored, among others.

Strange, however, the ease with which the Mexican international has gone to English football since discard a player of his progression by only six million euros seems irresponsible more than anything else.

What is clear is that these 15 million euros could end up being 22 million, provided that they meet each and every one of the variables agreed in their respective contracts.

Zambrotta and Dos Santos will be the first to go, but obviously will not be the last because the list of casualties would continue to grow in the coming days.

Fair play to Spurs, seems a very good way of doing business, even if they do air a lot of their transfer laundry in public but I suppose at the same time all the rumours can could unsettle the players and encourage them to move more but at the same time it could also alert other clubs and start potential bidding wars. Hopefully since we seem to be copying the Spurs method of transfers we'll be doing the same shortly.

i'd sign Dos Santos in a heartbeat, although i'm sure he won't fit easily here.. He hasn't delivered for Barca's senior team, but the boy's still very young and I like his style of play.. even if it doesn't work, €9 million isn't a massive gamble and his value can only go upwards

Guest shearer_206

I can't help but feel that young Aaron is the type of player we should be looking to sign. I've seen him play a bit, both for Cardiff and the U21's and he looks a real quality player. Great on the ball, two quick feet and an eye for a pass. If he gets games at United he will only improve, but at the end of the day, he wont (in the short-term). Which is why I think he would be beter suited going to another club. Unless, as talked about, Manure are going to loan him out.

Also, I wonder who the other two clubs are. Would it really be Arsenal, can't see it myself!

I can't help but feel that young Aaron is the type of player we should be looking to sign. I've seen him play a bit, both for Cardiff and the U21's and he looks a real quality player. Great on the ball, two quick feet and an eye for a pass. If he gets games at United he will only improve, but at the end of the day, he wont. Which is why I think he would be beter suited going to another club. Unless, as talked about, Manure are going to loan him out.

Also, I wonder who the other two clubs are. Would it really be Arsenal, can't see it myself!

Arsenal and Liverpool.