Other clubs' transfers

Dave

He's definitely quality sometimes, but he is inconsistent.  Not saying he's a bad player, I'd have him here at the moment, just saying that him and Jo up front doesn't scream top 4 to me.

Without commenting on the financial implications of spending so much on signing so many players - look at Manchester City squad now:

Hart

Corluka, Onuaha, Dunne, Richards, Ben Haim, Garrido, Ball

Wright-Phillips, Ireland, Kompany, Fernandes, Elano, Johnson, Petrov

Jo, Sturridge, Mwaruwari, Calceido

Their forward line is light - but otherwise the team screams top 4 material for me. Rock solid defense and very dynamic midfield.

And in Hughes they have a very pragmatic and tactically wise manager.

All they need to do is to make sure that Elano plays more consistently this year, and that Jo delivers.

Out of that Man City squad the only players capable of playing consitently for a top 4 side are;

Petrov, Coruka, Richards, Elano (perhaps) and maybe Kompany and Wright Phillips at a push. The rest are unproven or not good enough.

Guest neesy111

On the contrary - I have been very impressed by David Moyes. Perhaps all of you will disagree, but these are how I feel:

1. Everton first waned to sign ONLY quality players who will be a true improvement of their current players. Joao Moutinho, Manuel Fernandes, Andreis Arshavin, Stephen M'Bia etc - these are quality signings. At the end of the day Everton find these players too pricey, they can't afford them. Fair enough, so how now ?

2. Instead of going signing bunch of medicore players with medium-small-ish transfer fees which would be costly if accumulated, David Moyes now signs free transfers with short contracts and loans. Lars Jacobsen - free, Obinna - loan. Everton so nearly signed Tiago on a loan. Steven Pienaar was only signed after he proved to be useful on loan. So was Mikel Arteta. Everton signed a keeper on a free last season for 1 year contract, and now he is gone because he wasn't good enough. These loaness and frees - if they are good enough they stay. If they are not - easy riddance.

In effect David Moyes is operating a very low risk transfer policy. Everton's squad is small but it is not too small as people make up to be. Joleon Lecott, Phil Jagielka, Phil Neville, Mikel Arteta, Steven Pienaar are versatile players. Everton still retains the their whole defense. They are still lacking in firepower but they had done Ok with virtually the same attackers. Andy Johnson is gone, but Everton received good money for him, and there are James Vaughan and Victor Anibeche waiting in the wings to replace them.

Howard

Jacorbson, Hibbert, Yobo, Lescott, Baines, Jagielka, Valente

Arteta, Neville, Cahill, Rodwell, Osman

Yakubu, Vaughan, Anibeche,  Baxter

Everton has a really small squad no doubt, but huge credits go to Moyes who refuses to panic and waste money. I am sure Moyes will go on and sign a few more loans and freebies, then Everton will be fine another season. And they would have fared much better than most other clubs in saving and spending wisely.

Very well done Dave.

The point is valid.... for Everton, different clubs though.

If Newcastle picked up loanees and freebees we would be hounded by the press and if they failed the fans would say the recruitment team is doing a poor job. At Everton they can get away with it because believe it or not there is ALOT less pressure.

As well this KK doesn't like to have huge turnovers of players, he likes to create a group mentality, so he wouldn't be keen.

I'd also like to point out our versatile players;

Beye, Colo, Bassong, N'Zogbia, Milner, Guthrie, Edgar, Jonas, Geremi, Duff and Smith ;)

i don't mind loanee's, as you can pick-up very good 1's especially from the like's of arsenal etc, it just seems desperate moves when they are at the end of the transfer window

Again, it's not the style of Keegan unless it's view to a permanent transfer like Saviola. I think the last thing KK wants are stop gaps, which are not always the worst thing.

i don't mind loanee's, as you can pick-up very good 1's especially from the like's of arsenal etc, it just seems desperate moves when they are at the end of the transfer window

Desperate moves indeed - good yet cheap desperate moves !! Moyes surely prefers the likes of Arshavin, Moutinho, Love, Fernandes etc to Jacorbson etc. But that's life.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Aye Mr Ashley, take note of the insane Irish c*** and the Thai human rights abuser.

Stop using my catchphrase!

And you know i didnt mean it like that!

Man City have a very good starting 11 now

..........................Hart.....................

Corluka...Richards...Dunne...Kompany/BenHaim

SWP.......Richards.....Hamann......Petrov

.........................Elano.........................

............................Jo..............................

Potential to break into top 4?

Spending this window:

Ben Haim 5m

SWP 10M

Jo 20m

Kompany 7m

42m added onto the 35-40m last summer

Take note MA

I'd rather not be putting 50p up front with the rest of it over many, many years. Things will go bust spectacularly at Citeh.

More like;

Hart

Corluka      Dunne    Ben Haim    Richards

Kompany

Johnson

SWP                                            Petrov

Elano

Jo

Guest sicko2ndbest

Spending this window:

Ben Haim 5m

SWP 10M

Jo 20m

Kompany 7m

Take note MA

I'd rather not be putting 50p up front with the rest of it over many, many years. Things will go bust spectacularly at Citeh.

they wont sinatra has very wealthy powerful friends who have said they would step in if his assets are frozen

More like;

Hart

Corluka      Dunne     Ben Haim     Richards

Kompany

Johnson

SWP                                             Petrov

Elano

Jo

It is a very good team though. If they don't get Europe though I think that's them f***ed.

Spending this window:

Ben Haim 5m

SWP 10M

Jo 20m

Kompany 7m

Take note MA

they wont sinatra has very wealthy powerful friends who have said they would step in if his assets are frozen

Likely story.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Spending this window:

Ben Haim 5m

SWP 10M

Jo 20m

Kompany 7m

Take note MA

Likely story.

No, the chief execs Gary Cooks story!

It's not something important like asking your wealthy friends to help save your country's economy. It's a measily football club. Not one of them will care if Citeh fold as long as they all get out alright. They didn't get rich by being nice guys.

Guest sondre

More like;

Hart

Corluka      Dunne    Ben Haim    Richards

Kompany

Johnson

SWP                                            Petrov

Elano

Jo

Fuck me, except Hart, I'd have every one of them here (maybe except Petrov as well as we are well covered there)

More like;

Hart

Corluka      Dunne     Ben Haim     Richards

Kompany

Johnson

SWP                                             Petrov

Elano

Jo

f*** me, except Hart, I'd have every one of them here (maybe except Petrov as well as we are well covered there)

That's an extremely strong team, I said before a lot of people have written them off early because of the board room issue but IMO if anyone is going to challenge Villa for 5th this season it's ManShitty.

Guest quklaani

Excellent value premiershhip experienced striker has just become available for those interested:

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/empics/20071001/12/2020564850-soccer-carling-cup-third-round-manchester-united-v-coventry-city.jpg

O0

Probably score more than Smith anyway.

Excellent value premiershhip experienced striker has just become available for those interested:

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/empics/20071001/12/2020564850-soccer-carling-cup-third-round-manchester-united-v-coventry-city.jpg

O0

Has he even had a game in the prem? (out of interest)

Guest quklaani

<CHOP>

I still can't decide if that thing was a waste of time on our behalf, or a fantastic bit of piss taking.  He's also played all of once in the league cup.

O0

I don't want to sound like I know fuck all but, who is he ? :)

O0

I don't want to sound like I know fuck all but, who is he ? :)

Dong fanzhou (sp)

Just been released by Manu...for being shit.

Guest quklaani

Sorry about the youtube thing, forgot.

He's a chinese superstar striker, played once against Chelsea in the league in that dead rubber with the guard of honour lark.