Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest sicko2ndbest

the mackems paying ferdinand £50k a week?!!!  :iamatwat: mackems.gif

We are paying Smith 60K :(

And Geremi and Barton and Duff (70k) and Viduka (70k)

I read today €50k, which would be about £37k. Which is not that excessive for Sunderland to pay to attract him from London...

I read today 50k, which would be about £37k. Which is not that excessive for Sunderland to pay to attract him from London...

Why would they quote in Euros ? I know the dirty mackems backers are Irish but that would be ridiculous, it's a domestic transfer and Sunderland a a UK registerd company. I think where ever you read that, it's wrong, probably have no clue how much they are paying him.

No fucker has any clue what individual footballers earn. I wouldn't even believe it if the footballer came out and said "I'm earning this ... ". The debates are just so pointless. We can make predictions sure, but how in holy hell's name do we know? Are people looking up estate agents sites, working out mortgages, working out how much petrol the guys spend on their cars, etc? Doubt it.

Yes it grates on me!

Guest quklaani

Veloso is exactly the kind of signing Spurs should be making, its two of their problem areas sorted straight away. 

Oh and Vidic denied those comments on our official site really quick, well, kinda.  Who's going to argue with his assessment of our weather.  But the stuff about Manchester being a shithole (which it really isnt, by any measure) and him wanting to move were pure bs from the Mail, fecking tabloids.

I think they should buy several houses and move the new players in there when they sign.

Nani and Anderson moved in with Ronaldo initially...he um, helped them settle in, so to speak.

edit: Barry staying at Villa for sure, sanity prevails for once.

Veloso is exactly the kind of signing Spurs should be making, its two of their problem areas sorted straight away. 

Oh and Vidic denied those comments on our official site really quick, well, kinda.  Who's going to argue with his assessment of our weather.  But the stuff about Manchester being a shithole (which it really isnt, by any measure) and him wanting to move were pure bs from the Mail, fecking tabloids.

I think they should buy several houses and move the new players in there when they sign.

Nani and Anderson moved in with Ronaldo initially...he um, helped them settle in, so to speak.

Wasn't there a story about a mass orgy going on after they won a game and Nani was stood topless exclaiming to a load of girls how fit he was or something? :lol:

Guest quklaani

That'd be what I was reffering to, there was another story where Anderson chatted up an english girl by saying, and I quote:

"Fuck Fuck Fuck Fuck"

He's a classy fella.

I read today €50k, which would be about £37k. Which is not that excessive for Sunderland to pay to attract him from London...

Why would they quote in Euros ? I know the dirty mackems backers are Irish but that would be ridiculous, it's a domestic transfer and Sunderland a a UK registerd company. I think where ever you read that, it's wrong, probably have no clue how much they are paying him.

Well, the reason I read ( and passed on ) the wage in Euros is because I live in Ireland, and we use the fucking Euro! Secondly, it made sense with what the other guy had heard about 50k being bandied about. You're right no-one knows for sure, but €50k sounds more plausible than £50k. No?

:pow:

"In England, they say that Manchester is the city of rain. Its main attraction is considered to be the timetable at the railway station, where trains leave for other, less rainy cities."

:lol:

At least players and management at Sunderland - Britain's most depressing "city" - can live in Durham or Newcastle.

Don't suppose Manchester players fancy living in Liverpool or Blackburn ?

Live in Liverpool? Doesn't seem very practical with great parts of Cheshire on their doorstep.

They might fancy living in Liverpool though since the crime rate is lower than Manchester and it doesn't rain so much. You never know. Some lovely places in the south end, don't suppose you've ever set foot here though. I know Torres & Reina live in Woolton and Cahill lives in Calderstones which are both in the city proper.

Most of them seem to live on the outskirts in Formby though. (that's another nice place in the north west you haven't got a clue about)  :snod:

"In England, they say that Manchester is the city of rain. Its main attraction is considered to be the timetable at the railway station, where trains leave for other, less rainy cities."

At least players and management at Sunderland - Britain's most depressing "city" - can live in Durham or Newcastle.

Live in Liverpool? Doesn't seem very practical with great parts of Cheshire on their doorstep.

They might fancy living in Liverpool though since the crime rate is lower than Manchester and it doesn't rain so much. You never know. Some lovely places in the south end, don't suppose you've ever set foot here though. I know Torres & Reina live in Woolton and Cahill lives in Calderstones which are both in the city proper.

Most of them seem to live on the outskirts in Formby though. (that's another nice place in the north west you haven't got a clue about)  :snod:

I've never heard of burglars breaking into footballers home in Liverpool, but in Manchester though... Oh wait :undecided:

I get your point though

We're signing Victor Obinna on loan from Inter as well.

Moyes has gone nuts, he's cracked under the pressure and is signing people based on DVD's with a bottle of scotch in his hand, I'm convinced!  :frantic:

Moyes has gone nuts, he's cracked under the pressure and is signing people based on DVD's with a bottle of scotch in his hand, I'm convinced!  :frantic:

At least he's only signing these players when he's drunk. The beer goggles are in action!

You'd have troubles if he hit that while sober.

p.s.  :colo:

Guest quklaani

Worked for Sven, kinda.

Hamburg signed German intl and Bayern left back Marcell Jansen

Would have been very happy if we had got him but I didnt think Bayern would be willing to let him go at all

very strange.. thought he's one of the most promising german players

as for Obinna, he was touted as the next big thing at one point in Italy.. but I don't remember him actually doing anything special for Chievo.. never knew Inter bought him

I used Liverpool in the context of a rival footballing city like Newcastle/Sunderland.

I've spent a lot of time on Merseyside and know the city and outskirts well. I'm old enough to have seen the serious decline that took place as the port and docks ceased to be and some areas became the poorest parts of Britain. Now seen the rejuevenation of the centre and parts of the old dock areas in L'pool and Birkenhead.

As ever the Wirral and out towards Southport are classy areas and traditionally home to most of your celebs and pro footballers.

I've also seen seven goal thrillers at Anfield, an eight goal thriller at Goodison (remember that ?) and even been to Prenton Park more than once.

Had good nights out and drank in some of the roughest boozers on the planet - the Duke in Birkenhead springs to mind, probably no longer there.

Not a bad place Liverpool but you're right, anyone with Ronaldo's money would probably choose Cheshire instead.