Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Reason to be optimistic about signing Arshavin.

http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/301380

Basically, direct quotes from the Zenit president saying negotiations have recommenced, there are now only small disagreements, Zenit have decided to reduce Arshavin's price (they don't say to what) and it should become clear on Friday night (which hopefully means it should be finalised).

Significant upgrade on Keane imho.  Not tested in a major league but shows up well in most internationals.

He's absolutely nothing like Robbie Keane, how can you call an attacking midfielder a significant upgrade on a striker?..

Basically, direct quotes from the Zenit president saying negotiations have recommenced, there are now only small disagreements, Zenit have decided to reduce Arshavin's price (they don't say to what) and it should become clear on Friday night (which hopefully means it should be finalised).

Significant upgrade on Keane imho.  Not tested in a major league but shows up well in most internationals.

He's absolutely nothing like Robbie Keane, how can you call an attacking midfielder a significant upgrade on a striker?..

Because he has a funny retardation. Makes people do things like that....

Significant upgrade based on what evidence?  And in his most important international, the Euro 2008 semis, he might as well have not been on the pitch.

Funny how everybody on here seems to be convinced that Colo is a significant upgrade on our current centre backs when the same reasoning applies..

The same reasoning doesn't not apply due to the difference in positions and leagues.  I'd say its reasonable to think that one of the best central defenders in La Liga is a significant upgrade on our previous centre backs.  Is it reasonable to think that an attacking midfielder from the Russian league is a significant upgrade on a very good Premiership striker?.. it isn't is it..

Guest kingdawson

Depends really. As I feel Spurs will change formation this season so then he could potentially be seen as a significant upgrade.

That's what most spurs fans feel.

Ramos looks like he's going to adopt a 4-2-3-1 formation and Arshavin will suit that formation far more than Robbie keane would. I've made it known both on here and on GG how much i dont rate Keane, and im pretty confident Arshavin will be a success in this league , once he gets used to it.

--------------------Jenas-----Modric--------------------

----------Bentley--------Arshavin-------Gio-----------

----------------------------Bent----------------------------

It's looking increasingly likely thats the line up Ramos will adopt. Once Berbatov leaves, we'll need another front man in, and a cb cover, and we're good to go.

Depends really. As I feel Spurs will change formation this season so then he could potentially be seen as a significant upgrade.

That's what most spurs fans feel.

Ramos looks like he's going to adopt a 4-2-3-1 formation and Arshavin will suit that formation far more than Robbie keane would. I've made it known both on here and on GG how much i dont rate Keane, and im pretty confident Arshavin will be a success in this league , once he gets used to it.

--------------------Jenas-----Modric--------------------

----------Bentley--------Arshavin-------Gio-----------

----------------------------Bent----------------------------

It's looking increasingly likely thats the line up Ramos will adopt. Once Berbatov leaves, we'll need another front man in, and a cb cover, and we're good to go.

Not forgetting the DM!  Keeps on being rumoured as getting closer but no one says it's got so close as to be nearing completion!

There's a South American striker rumoured to be coming in to be the striking alternative, aged 20-23, but those that do no more aren't giving clues as to who it is, or even if he's already in Europe.  Even if the rumour is accurate, it doesn't mean there will be a signature on the dotted line.................

Guest kingdawson

MJ those idiots are making it up. They dont know any more than you or me. Ben the idiotic tree man, has been bullshitting this whole week (he actually had the nerve to say he spoke to Corluka on the phone).

I doubt we're going to bring in a dm now, unless its a cheap and viable option like Albelda.

no doubting his quality as a player. the fact that he's a little cunt who is full of himself may get in the way though. good luck with that

f*** me...I thought that this is a NUFC board. I don't give a s*** about Tottenham tbh

yes true, and ur not the only one. but this thread is about other clubs. fair do's as we have a few decent posters from other clubs like brummie, gg, 1878 mj and kd, as well as shearergol

MJ those idiots are making it up. They dont know any more than you or me. Ben the idiotic tree man, has been bullshitting this whole week (he actually had the nerve to say he spoke to Corluka on the phone).

I doubt we're going to bring in a dm now, unless its a cheap and viable option like Albelda.

TBH, I'm not doubting that Ben has Corluka's phone number.  I believe he picked him up from the airport and I know for a fact he was with him at Holly House for the medical.  Don't know what Corluka would have said but no doubt in my mind Ben would have asked for his number. 

It's fairly common knowldege that Veloso was the DM Ramos wanted though I would have preferred a no nonsense hardman in the Poulsen mould.  Anyway, the move for Veloso seems to have stalled so they may have moved on to the next best alternative, whoever that may be.  I don't think they are having to restrict themselves on price, we're in the black on dealings this window having shifted some deadwood for really good money.  Convincing a player to move to a non CL team seems to be the hard bit.

f*** me...I thought that this is a NUFC board. I don't give a s*** about Tottenham tbh

yes true, and ur not the only one. but this thread is about other clubs. fair do's as we have a few decent posters from other clubs like brummie, gg, 1878 mj and kd, as well as shearergol

:lol:

Second loan deal for Portsmouth. Surprised with the Ben Sahar one to be honest.

Neither of them make much sense to me, as did the Glen Little move. Harry mustn't have any money left.