Other clubs' transfers

Dave

I'm not going to pretend I rated the lad in his time here as quite frankly he never done it and looking back of course you can say selling him was wrong as he wasn't replaced with anybody in that position or someone as versatile as him. I would have sold him for such a daft fee, but the fact is we were let down by the recruitment team in not finding someone to replace him. The same with Charlie, whom I was also not a big fan of.

This, both Milner and CNZ blew hot and cold in their time here, but the replacements haven't even come close.

I'm not going to pretend I rated the lad in his time here as quite frankly he never done it and looking back of course you can say selling him was wrong as he wasn't replaced with anybody in that position or someone as versatile as him. I would have sold him for such a daft fee, but the fact is we were let down by the recruitment team in not finding someone to replace him. The same with Charlie, whom I was also not a big fan of.

This, both Milner and CNZ blew hot and cold in their time here, but the replacements haven't even come close.

Exactly. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and if I knew we weren't going to replace either I would have said keep them. But of course I was of the belief this wasn't to be the case. Much like the rest of us were.

How do you feel about the Zlatan to Barcelona rumours Messi? (the user Messi on this forum if anyone trying to be smart)

"Holy shit" if that actually happens. Noone will be able to get the ball off them with him up front.

How do you feel about the Zlatan to Barcelona rumours Messi? (the user Messi on this forum if anyone trying to be smart)

"Holy shit" if that actually happens. Noone will be able to get the ball off them with him up front.

Been saying that for over a year now, he'd be an amazing signing for them.

Might not get as many goals as Etoo', but his overall contribution to the team would shit on Etoo's from a great, great height.

Can you imagine what Iniesta and Messi would do running at teams with a guy like Zlatan to play off? Almost doesn't bare thinking about.

Might not get as many goals as Etoo', but his overall contribution to the team would shit on Etoo's from a great, great height.

Can you imagine what Iniesta and Messi would do running at teams with a guy like Zlatan to play off? Almost doesn't bare thinking about.

Depends if he can be arsed in Europe mind. ;)

Thats because they didn't replace them.

Playing for a team with some movement would help him immensely.

He'll still blow hot and cold at times, but no more so than Etoo' does.

It's really a bit similar like Man Utd and Berbatov, although Zlatan is better than Berbatov. Do they want to keep the same winning style or give the team a whole new dimension much like Zlatan would give Barca. It would be something to see the likes of Henry, Messi and Iniesta playing off Zlatan.

I'd rather keep Eto'o and sign Ribery instead to replace the aging Henry.

P.S. - Eto'o does not blow hot and cold, he may have the odd bad game a season but in general there is no doubting his quality, his goal record speaks for itself.

That's now 2 Champions League Finals where Eto'o has delivered and produced the goods.

Zlatan would be immense for Barcelona. One of my favourite players, if not even No:1 he scores alot (starting to do that now also)

And he get's alot of assists too, many of those assist's and goals are also like art imo. Apart from that he offers a hell of alot.

He's easily the biggest star in Serie A, and also the best player there. I know he hasn't set the world alight in the Champions league.

But imo it's more that Inter aren't good enough in the CL than Ibra isn't good enough.

If he goes to Barcelona he will have many creative players around him who are also very quick both in mind and running, and im sure that if he plays for Barcelona in the near future he will show his true class and that he's one of the worlds best and prove many people who doubt his quality wrong.

He's hold up play is second to none and it will almost take two players to stop him, imagine the space given to other players around him just because of this. And if they put only one player against him he will have one hell of a job to keep him in his pocket for a whole game..

You cant have Henry, Eto'o, Messi and Ibra in the same team. Henry will be the one left out and rightfully so

I didn't say that you can have all of them. But cant imagine pep playing Eto'o or Ibra out wide. So if they sign him i dont think they will get rid of Henry just because of that. A swap deal with Etoo going to inter + money seems more likely or Etoo somewhere else because his contract goes out soon. That's more likely i think. cannot see them having both Ibra and Etoo as srikers because they play with only one, and neither of them would accept to sit on the bench..

Well, who knows. But if they get rid of Eto'o they're basically insane, Henry isn't half the player

That's true. But they dont play in the same position either..

P.S. - Eto'o does not blow hot and cold, he may have the odd bad game a season but in general there is no doubting his quality, his goal record speaks for itself.

That's now 2 Champions League Finals where Eto'o has delivered and produced the goods.

You can have a great goalscoring record and blow hot and cold at the same time, the two don't really correlate to each other at all. Cristiano is a fine example of this.

My point is moreso that Zlatan's general game would help the rest of the Barca team more than Etoo's does, particularly in that CF role.

They could push Etoo' wide into Henry's role as has been suggested, cos he's a better player now than Henry is.

It's really a bit similar like Man Utd and Berbatov, although Zlatan is better than Berbatov. Do they want to keep the same winning style or give the team a whole new dimension much like Zlatan would give Barca. It would be something to see the likes of Henry, Messi and Iniesta playing off Zlatan.

It's not really that similiar though because Man U and Braca play a different style of game completely. Man U are a faster, more direct style of team than Barca and Berbatov just doesn't suit that.

Barca on the other hand are much slower, more patient and intricate in their play and you'd imagine that Zlatan would be made for a team like that.

It's not really that similiar though because Man U and Braca play a different style of game completely. Man U are a faster, more direct style of team than Barca and Berbatov just doesn't suit that.

Barca on the other hand are much slower, more patient and intricate in their play and you'd imagine that Zlatan would be made for a team like that.

I never said the styles of play were similar, I meant more changing the way the team operates. But you knew that didn't you?

I never said the styles of play were similar, I meant more changing the way the team operates. But you knew that didn't you?

I don't think Man U consciously tried to change the way the operated though, and I don't think Barca would either. They'd just have someone at CF who I think would be more suited to it.

So your point is shite, basically.

Hear so much about Ibrahimovich but every time i see him (big CL game) he looks like a load of hype. Totally vanished against Manu like where as you could never say that Eto'o did.

Hear so much about Ibrahimovich but every time i see him (big CL game) he looks like a load of hype. Totally vanished against Manu like where as you could never say that Eto'o did.

In fairness Etoo's was a disgrace against Man U in the two-legged semi the year before.

I also believe that Inter don't really suit Zlatan's game. Not enough pace and movement around him for me. This gets shown up against the better European sides, and is as indicative of how far Serie A has fallen in the last couple of years as much as anything, in my opinion.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Zlatan Ibrahimovitch is just another example of an overhyped left footed player from South America who has above average technique but in reality lacks the physicality and brainpower to ever compete on the highest level (ie the Prem top 4, Europe, etc). Has he ever scored a goal with his right foot? I haven't seen one. Against the superior English teams he has been crushed by average Premiership centrebacks who just show him onto his wrong side where he is absolutely incapicitated as a footballer. If I was Pep Guardiola I would rather sign Owen on a pay by my play contract rather than shell out huge sums of money on another over rated 'ceelebrity' footballer.