Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest kingdawson

Stuggart have pulled out of the Huntelaar deal and Harry has confirmed his interest. Think i'd prefer Crouch tbh but definately Huntelaar over Negredo.

are you f***ing kidding me?

No not kidding at all. I've seen lots of Crouch and Negredo, and a decent amount of Huntelaar and i can honestly say i think Crouch will suit our system better than both of them. We need a target man and crouch plays that role a hell of a lot better than Huntelaar does. Huntelaar to me is more a poacher than a target man and we've got Defoe who can play that role very well already.

Guest kingdawson

You'd prefer Crouch over Huntelaar? :lol:

That custom title really does help people get to know KD.

Unlike you i don't have boners over fancy European names and i actually look at the bigger picture. Did i say Crouch was a better player than Huntelaar? no i didn't. Crouch will suit our system more though and i think i'm in a better position to make that call then you are.

Unlike you i don't have boners over fancy European names and i actually look at the bigger picture. Did i say Crouch was a better player than Huntelaar? no i didn't. Crouch will suit our system more though and i think i'm in a better position to make that call then you are.

You'd prefer AIDS over the Flu because you don't like sneezing?

best metaphor ever tbh  :aww:

Tbf, Crouch has done more than Huntelaar in his career so far.. Signing Huntelaar would be like signing Pavluchenko again

Oh my lord, just look at their scoring records ffs. Huntelaar is in a whole different class to Crouch.

Tbf yous could play a very similar system with Huntelaar the way you would with Crouch.  Huntelaar is a big lad, about 6' 2, good in the air and can hold the ball up.  He's also, needless to say, a much better finisher than Crouch and can take a sweet free kick.

Guest kingdawson

I know he's big, i know he's decent in the air but NEVER once have i seen him hold the ball up that well. I've seen him have outstanding games though but he's 100% not a target man.

Oh my lord, just look at their scoring records ffs. Huntelaar is in a whole different class to Crouch.

I know Huntelaar is a better player than these two, but Kuyt and Afonso Alves scored bundles in the Dutch league too.

Crouch is tried and tested and contributes his fair share of goals and assists.

I know Huntelaar is a better player than these two, but Kuyt and Afonso Alves scored bundles in the Dutch league too.

Yup. Plus he's a Spurs fan  :pow:

I can't understand why people get surprised at things like this, it has been like this since way back, remember Zidane to Real or what?

Zidane was the best player in the world, Terry isn't probably in the top 10 and he'll still cost just as much.

Ever heard of inflation?

Guest kingdawson

Crouch has said himself he prefers using his feet, he doesn't excel at being a target man. Hence why Heskey plays that role for England and not Crouch.

Eh? you know a target man can also use his feet and it doesn't necessarily mean he has to be good in the air or he has to be a physicial lump like Heskey. Crouch's close control and footwork is superb imo and he holds the ball up very very well. No one would consider Berbatov a target man but that's exactly what he was for us. Players couldn't get near him becasue of his awsome footwork and he used to just wait until he had sufficient support to release the ball.

Kuyt was brilliant last season playing out on the right though, and also popped up with a good few important goals.

Yeah, but for some reason - play him as a striker and looks woeful upfront.

Huntelaar's period at Madrid was deemed unsuccesful, he played a bit part.

Yet Huntelaar's goalscoring ratio at Real Madrid was better than Crouch's at Pompey/Liverpool/Villa/Anywhere.

Ultimately, if you want a lanky twat to lump the ball at, in the hope that it sticks, Crouch will be a better choice. But if you want someone who'll be better at everything other than BEING REALLY TALL, then you go Huntelaar.

And fwiw, now that Huntelaar's move to Stuttgart has fell through, forget Spurs, Arsene Wenger should be on it like a shot as Adebayor's replacement.

Agreed.

Dirty Catalan.  :aww:  :pow:

Ultimately, if you want a lanky t*** to lump the ball at, in the hope that it sticks, Crouch will be a better choice. But if you want someone who'll be better at everything other than BEING REALLY TALL, then you go Huntelaar.

Completely agree with that.

Huntelaar is definitely a better player than Crouch.  I just think Crouch will form a better partnership with Defoe and won't be a gamble.

Guest kingdawson

Ultimately, if you want a lanky t*** to lump the ball at, in the hope that it sticks, Crouch will be a better choice. But if you want someone who'll be better at everything other than BEING REALLY TALL, then you go Huntelaar.

Huntelaar is definitely a better player than Crouch.  I just think Crouch will form a better partnership with Defoe and won't be a gamble.

Thanks for looking at the bigger picture :thup:.

Thanks for looking at the bigger picture :thup:.

It's like saying 10 years ago, you'd prefer to sign Niall Quinn than Ronaldo because he'll suit your system better. I get the theory completely, but there is such a gulf in class that it's ridiculous to prefer Crouchy.

Crouch has said himself he prefers using his feet, he doesn't excel at being a target man. Hence why Heskey plays that role for England and not Crouch.

Eh? you know a target man can also use his feet and it doesn't necessarily mean he has to be good in the air or he has to be a physicial lump like Heskey. Crouch's close control and footwork is superb imo and he holds the ball up very very well. No one would consider Berbatov a target man but that's exactly what he was for us. Players couldn't get near him becasue of his awsome footwork and he used to just wait until he had sufficient support to release the ball.

Viduka was our best target man last year and is pretty weak in the air.

Has someone told Glenn Roeder that he no longer pays in the dutch league, the poor bastard may still be scouting.

Guest kingdawson

Viduka was our best target man last year and is pretty weak in the air.

I was going to mention him in my post. I've always said i'm a big fan of Mark Viduka and i can't think of another player who has better close control than him (well in his prime).