Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Crouch has said himself he prefers using his feet, he doesn't excel at being a target man. Hence why Heskey plays that role for England and not Crouch.

Eh? you know a target man can also use his feet and it doesn't necessarily mean he has to be good in the air or he has to be a physicial lump like Heskey. Crouch's close control and footwork is superb imo and he holds the ball up very very well. No one would consider Berbatov a target man but that's exactly what he was for us. Players couldn't get near him becasue of his awsome footwork and he used to just wait until he had sufficient support to release the ball.

Sorry I messed that up a bit, someone mentioned big man/little man and I Immediately thought of flick ons and pace. No need to be so condescending though man.

Fwiw whilst Crouch isn't in the bracket of Berbatov and Viduka in terms of close control, he's pretty good at it. I always think when he's in the team though there's a tendancy to just hoof it, which like I mentioned, is not his strength. I guess a good manager will stop a team doing that.

Guest kingdawson

Crouch has said himself he prefers using his feet, he doesn't excel at being a target man. Hence why Heskey plays that role for England and not Crouch.

Eh? you know a target man can also use his feet and it doesn't necessarily mean he has to be good in the air or he has to be a physicial lump like Heskey. Crouch's close control and footwork is superb imo and he holds the ball up very very well. No one would consider Berbatov a target man but that's exactly what he was for us. Players couldn't get near him becasue of his awsome footwork and he used to just wait until he had sufficient support to release the ball.

Sorry I messed that up a bit, someone mentioned big man/little man and I Immediately thought of flick ons and pace. No need to be so condescending though man.

Fwiw whilst Crouch isn't in the bracket of Berbatov and Viduka in terms of close control, he's pretty good at it. I always think when he's in the team though there's a tendancy to just hoof it, which like I mentioned, is not his strength. I guess a good manager will stop a team doing that.

That wasn't my intention mate  :thup:.

Despite being not that great in the air I don't think teams use his height properly. If you chip high crosses to the back post for him he'll get there first due to his frame, and with the ball going at a low pace will be able to direct them fairly well either with a flick on or attempt on goal - Liverpool ripped us apart doing this once (think they won 3-1 at our place, Boumsong got sent off).

He is useless if you send a ball over at pace mind. I think he's a very good player when a team plays to his strengths. If they don't he can look a complete clown.

Everyone bums Huntelaar... I don't think I've ever seen him play. Maybe a minute or two here or there during the euros.

Do you not remember him scoring against us?Incidentally,when he smiles,I'm reminded of a piano...shocking set of choppers on him.

Everyone bums Huntelaar... I don't think I've ever seen him play. Maybe a minute or two here or there during the euros.

Do you not remember him scoring against us?Incidentally,when he smiles,I'm reminded of a piano...shocking set of choppers on him.

Who for? When?

(Seemingly not...)

Guest firetotheworks

Who for? When?

(Seemingly not...)

Herenveen (sp?)

Who for? When?

(Seemingly not...)

Herenveen (sp?)

Had forgotten that was him. Didn't see the second leg of that game (I think that was the one he scored in?). Certainly don't remember him as a player. Certainly haven't seen him since then bar my earlier caveat.

You'd prefer Crouch over Huntelaar? :lol:

That custom title really does help people get to know KD.

Unlike you i don't have boners over fancy European names and i actually look at the bigger picture. Did i say Crouch was a better player than Huntelaar? no i didn't. Crouch will suit our system more though and i think i'm in a better position to make that call then you are.

Who said I have boners over fancy European names? Crouch will always be a decent/good PL striker, but no matter what system you play, Huntelaar is basically twice the player and would score loads more.

Anyway, if Redknapp has two brain cells to rub together he'd spend money on Huntelaar and tweak the system.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Zlatan is probably the best striker of all time, not in my opinion, just fact. The Barcelona player Zlatan Ibrahimovich this is.

Regarding the Huntelaar debate ... I guess the question should be whether his game clashes with Defoe's (which I don't think is the case) and if this isn't the case then I would say you go with Huntelaar who is the younger better player overall.

Huntelaar does do a good job of maintaining posession and then linking up play when he does receive the ball to his feet from what I have seen, but will not be as good as doing the same if these balls are played to him through the air. Crouch on the other hand is good at receiving the ball both ways and then linking play.

Huntelaar however is younger, is more athletic, is quicker and faster and most importantly is a better finisher. I would get Huntelaar and encourage the team to play balls into his feet.

Simples.

P.S.

Could we have the meerkat's face as a smiley for all "simples" scenarios? cheers.

Keirrison to Barcelona, 14M + 2M Euro, will be going out on loan this season.

I've definitely never seen him play. Or heard his name before.

Just because you didn't pay attention enough.  Brazil's 2nd best U-21 striker after Pato.

Just because you didn't pay attention enough.  Brazil's 2nd best U-21 striker after Pato.

Didn't pay attention enough to what? :lol:

I don't have the energy to watch Brazilian U-21 games and rank their strikers I'm afraid.

I don't have the energy to watch Brazilian U-21 games and rank their strikers I'm afraid.

Just play Football Manager.

It's more or less the exact same thing.

Just play Football Manager.

It's more or less the exact same thing.

I'm stuck on 08, I just won't be able to keep up :(

Guest Stephen927

Heard on the radio that Redknapp thinks £12m is too much for Crouch given his age.

Can see where Kingdawson is coming from. Being a target man though doesn't automatically mean you have to be good in the air though, it's more someone who other players can pass to then get in a better position themselves while the forward holds on to the ball and then distributes it. Crouch is very effective at this, I think he would be a better signing for Spurs than Huntelaar, given his partnership with Defoe at Portsmouth, and that he would be a cheaper option who already knows the league and has a respectable scoring record without it even being his main strength.

Huntelaar to Arsenal would make sense, he would be the type of player who would relish playing in that side, plenty of opportunities to score bags of goals.

£38m plus Eto'o and Hleb on loan for a year in exchange for Ibrahimovic.

Would be a big "woah" were it not for Madrid's transactions being the mother of all spending sprees this summer.

Barca vs Madrid is going to be awesome.