Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest Stephen927

0957: Bordeaux coach Laurent Blanc has again ruled out the departure of Marouane Chamakh to Sunderland by insisting he will only let the striker join a "big club". Chamakh, who has also been linked to Arsenal, has claimed Sunderland are the team with whom he has had the most advanced talks. (L'Equipe)

:lol:

Antti Niemi negotiating with Portsmouth.

Been working as a goal keeper coach since he retired a year ago because of a wrist injury. No doubt he'll leave James on the bench after a few games  bluelaugh.gif

I would feel terrible as a player if I knew ordinary fans were forking out for my wages. I know we pay players wages indirectly (in a way) anyway, but that just feels a bit different.

Imagine if we did that with our lot last season.  I would have cancelled my direct debit in September.

What striker in world football can't play with another striker ffs

Drogba.

that's complete nonsense tbh. Drogba could easily play alongside another striker, he just doesn't need one because of his ridiculous physical attributes

Or maybe his link-up play is not great. :kinnear:

Guest Stephen927

I hate Didier Drogba. He's a c***.

I think the hatred stems from those UEFA Cup games with Marseille first and foremost.

I think the hatred stems from those UEFA Cup games with Marseille first and foremost.

I was utterly desperate for us to sign him to replace Shearer after those games. Fucking Chelsea noticed him though. I'm sure we were credited with interest at one point.

Guest Stephen927

I love watching him play though. In full flow he's absolutely magnificent.

Got a bit of stick when he first joined Chelsea cos of the fee and his goalscoring records were good but not great, but the role Mourinho had him playing suited him perfectly. He came back for corners, ran the oppositions back line ragged and is probably the best striker in his mould in the world.

Last season was disappointing for him, but 06-07 he was unplayable.

Guest Stephen927

I was utterly desperate for us to sign him to replace Shearer after those games. f***ing Chelsea noticed him though. I'm sure we were credited with interest at one point.

Tore us and Liverpool a new one in that competition. Would have made sense if we were linked with him though I can't remember if we were or not.

Got a bit of stick when he first joined Chelsea cos of the fee and his goalscoring records were good but not great, but the role Mourinho had him playing suited him perfectly. He came back for corners, ran the oppositions back line ragged and is probably the best striker in his mould in the world.

He's awesome. Perfect Shearer replacement :(

I was utterly desperate for us to sign him to replace Shearer after those games. f***ing Chelsea noticed him though. I'm sure we were credited with interest at one point.

Tore us and Liverpool a new one in that competition. Would have made sense if we were linked with him though I can't remember if we were or not.

The first goal he scored against us was superb. The volley against the post with his wrong foot in the first leg was pretty special too. We had Shola upfront, they had Didier :lol:

Yeah, I hated it when he did that kick-off where he hoofed the ball straight of play for a throw-in near the corner flag rugby-style, then sprinting up making a public show of his team mates pressuring the ball as if to make it think it was his idea in front of the fans, etc. Except he did it every f*cking kick-off the cocky c*nt.

Guest Stephen927

He's awesome. Perfect Shearer replacement :(

We wouldn't have even had a chance of signing him once Chelsea came in for him :(

On the plus side, at a similar time when Drogba went to Chelsea, Kluivert discovered the nightlife of Newcastle.

Not sure if this was here already but:

"Maceo Rigters has failed in his efforts to land a permanent deal at League One outfit Southend."

Two years ago he was the top scorer and in the "Team of the tournament" in under 21 EURO's  :lol:

Guest Heneage

"Maceo Rigters has failed in his efforts to land a permanent deal at League One outfit Southend."

Two years ago he was the top scorer and in the "Team of the tournament" in under 21 EURO's  :lol:

Was also semi-regular at Nac Breda was he not?

Was also semi-regular at Nac Breda was he not?

well at least he'll always have that to tell the grandchildren.