Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest kingdawson

Aston Villa is the third biggest spender i this years summer market, who said MON doesn't buy enough players?

Only City/Liverpool have spent more  :undecided:

ASTON VILLA

James Collins, West Ham United. £ 5,000,000

Richard Dunne, Manchester City. £ 6,000,000

Stephen Warnock, Blackburn Rovers. £ 8,000,000

Andy Marshall, Coventry City. FREE

Habib Beye, Newcastle United. £ 2,600,000

Fabian Delph, Leeds United. £ 6,000,000

Stewart Downing, Middlesbrough. £ 12,000,000

=

£ 39,600,000

They overpaid on everyone bar Beye (and maybe Collins at a push).

Aston Villa is the third biggest spender i this years summer market, who said MON doesn't buy enough players?

ASTON VILLA

=

£ 39,600,000

I'd probably agree with that, assuming you've not mentioned that free Coventry goalie because he was free.

ASTON VILLA

=

£ 39,600,000

I'd probably agree with that, assuming you've not mentioned that free Coventry goalie because he was free.

Aye - a bit harsh on Andy Marshall

Guest Stephen927

Benetiz always whinges about funds, but when you spend £18m on a right back and £20m on an injury prone player you're just asking for trouble.

Benetiz always whinges about funds, but when you spend £18m on a right back and £20m on an injury prone player you're just asking for trouble.

Not the best value for money signings by the looks of it, but he's got a point. With Alonso and Arbeloa leaving they've barely spent £5m.

ASTON VILLA

=

£ 39,600,000

Whilst all good players and very useful additions to their squad, I don't see how any of the players they've bought are of the class to push them towards a top 5 finish/champions league challenge.

Well last season the first 11 did a very good job themselves and it was evident that depth was an issue, so heres the depth.

They've spent a lot of money to probably finish in the same position though.

Well last season the first 11 did a very good job themselves and it was evident that depth was an issue, so heres the depth.

Yeah, other teams will improve, so you have to improve too. This year it looks like Spurs and City have jumped above them in terms of squad. If Everton manages to recover they could have problems getting into Europe (not that MON seems to care anyway!)

But looking at things at the moment, Man City have spent a hell of a lot more money and won't break the top four... and if they do it will be at a very high cost (a very unrealistic cost for Villa)

I'd agree with that statement if Barry was still in the team.

Was Barry even that good for them? I remember Brummie saying that he wasn't and tbh i can't remember anything special from him last season...

But looking at things at the moment, Man City have spent a hell of a lot more money and won't break the top four... and if they do it will be at a very high cost (a very unrealistic cost for Villa)

I'd agree with that statement if Barry was still in the team.

Was Barry even that good for them? I remember Brummie saying that he wasn't and tbh i can't remember anything special from him last season...

I'm not saying that he was the cornerstone of the team, but surely one of their more important players. And he hasn't been replaced with a player of similar stature (not necessarily the same kind of player!).

Barry put us down in the Championship, he did the job everybody else wanted to do because they hate us like hot dog s***  :-[

my dad still blames damien duff for the o.g that sent us down and now absolutely despises him for pissing off and not staying to try and get us promoted.

he hates him more than phil brown

Surely Downing is a similar stature? I don't rate him as highly as everybody else but i rate him as highly as i do Barry.

Doesn't play CM though surely.  :razz:

I was on about in terms of stature as the village cunt(joking man) said not the same position.

Barry put us down in the Championship, he did the job everybody else wanted to do because they hate us like hot dog s***  :-[

my dad still blames damien duff for the o.g that sent us down and now absolutely despises him for pissing off and not staying to try and get us promoted.

he hates him more than phil brown

Is you dad Wullie?  :kasper:

Mate, you're talking s***.

Having seen Vermaelen play in every game this season if he can maintain the level he is at he will be one of the most valuable players in the league! Can't remember which paper, but already they are already claiming he is in the top ten transfers of the season, Djourou i rate very highly i think he is a very good player and if Everton signed him he would instantly become 3rd choice at Everton, if not first choice if Distin gets played at RB very often.

Vermaelen, Gallas, Djourou > Jagielka, Distin, Yobo.

Vermaelen is ridiculously unproven and for you to put him on that pedestal after three games puts your idiocy on the scale of fools at those useless UK papers. Last year this time, Zaki was the second coming of Shearer. Now he plays for Zamalek again. The boy may be great, but why don't you let it happen before you go announcing it. I have seen nothing in Johan's career to sugggest he is better than Jageilka, Distin, or Yobo.

Vermaelen is quality and better than the three Everton centre backs you've jsut named imo. He reads the game so well and wins much more in the air than he should do. Got voted the best singing of the season by 2/3 of the pundits on 5live last night aswell.

Mate, you're talking s***.

Having seen Vermaelen play in every game this season if he can maintain the level he is at he will be one of the most valuable players in the league! Can't remember which paper, but already they are already claiming he is in the top ten transfers of the season, Djourou i rate very highly i think he is a very good player and if Everton signed him he would instantly become 3rd choice at Everton, if not first choice if Distin gets played at RB very often.

Vermaelen, Gallas, Djourou > Jagielka, Distin, Yobo.

Vermaelen is ridiculously unproven and for you to put him on that pedestal after three games puts your idiocy on the scale of fools at those useless UK papers. Last year this time, Zaki was the second coming of Shearer. Now he plays for Zamalek again. The boy may be great, but why don't you let it happen before you go announcing it. I have seen nothing in Johan's career to sugggest he is better than Jageilka, Distin, or Yobo.

Vermaelen is quality and better than the three Everton centre backs you've jsut named imo. He reads the game so well and wins much more in the air than he should do. Got voted the best singing of the season by 2/3 of the pundits on 5live last night aswell.

How many games? :lol:

Colo started pretty good as well as i remember it, a little bit shaky but he looked pretty good and his hair was nice.

Well..... you get my point

That Wenger is going to resign tonight?

And sign Colo as a Vermaelen replacement.