Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest Roger Kint

Portsmouth sign Danny Webber on a free transfer accoring to SSN

Frederic Piquionne, Kanu, Tommy Smith, Danny Webber and John Utaka. Goals galore at Fratton Park this season!

Is that the bigest pile of shit ever assembled? :yikes:

Frederic Piquionne, Kanu, Tommy Smith, Danny Webber and John Utaka. Goals galore at Fratton Park this season!

Kanu is class and will help them stay up. Piquonne is decent and will socre some. Utaka I don't get. Sometimes he looks very quick, other times he run likes he pregnant.

Kanu is class and will help them stay up. Piquonne is decent and will socre some. Utaka I don't get. Sometimes he looks very quick, other times he run likes he pregnant.

I'm not saying Kanu's rubbish as such, just he'll be on a pension in a few years, his legs are shot. Piquonne has looked shite thus far, and Utaka IS shite, trust me.

I'm not saying Kanu's rubbish as such, just he'll be on a pension in a few years, his legs are shot. Piquonne has looked s**** thus far, and Utaka IS s****, trust me.

Fair enough about Kanu, but his legs were shot when he won them the FA Cup. Piq has been a decent player in France and he can definitely do a job for a lower level Premiership team. Utaka is rubbish, garbage. I've seen his whole career, I don't disagree. But he usually has about 4 or 5 good games a season. I think they'll survive.

I guess we'll see about Piq then. Kanu could maybe do a job as a substitute this year.

Thing is, Utaka, Tommy Smith and Danny Webber are not Premiership standard strikers, all of them are dump.

I couldn't say whether I think they'll stay up or not, but as things stand I think it'll be close, they'll be bottom five without a doubt. Just remains to be seen whether they're the right side of the line after the final whistle of the season.

Guest Roger Kint

Kanu is class and will help them stay up.

What is that based on? In 19 seasons on professional football he has scored double figures 4 times, only one of those in the past NINE years.

Well past it these days tbh

What is that based on? In 19 seasons on professional football he has scored double figures 4 times, only one of those in the past NINE years.

Dont know where you're getting 19 seasons, unless you're including his experiences as a youth in Nigeria. You are right, he has never been a top goal scorer. But he has quite a bit of vision and creativity and creates chances for the teammates as well as scoring quite a few himself.

Guest kingdawson

He's probably pompey's best striker tbh.

Guest Roger Kint

Yeah thats not what we are talking about though.

Which is the reason that I, and many others, have tipped them to really struggle this year.

Not sure if it was posted but Hugo Viana went on a season long loan to Braga

Found this from 31/08/2009

Leaders Braga kept their 100 percent record with a 3-1 home win over Belenenses, with Hugo Viana scoring two goals in the second half.

http://www.abola.pt/img/fotos/braga/hugoviana1.jpg

Guest optimistic nit

pompey surviving really depends on how long they keep their manager. honestly the guy is more depressing and pessamistic than glenn roeder. There is NO chance of them staying up unless they sack that guy and get someone decent in. The backroom problems they've had are hardly helping him but a manager who hints that his team will be relegated to the media before a ball has even been kicked is just fucking stupid. No suprise at all that they are bottom.

pompey surviving really depends on how long they keep their manager. honestly the guy is more depressing and pessamistic than glenn roeder. There is NO chance of them staying up unless they sack that guy and get someone decent in. The backroom problems they've had are hardly helping him but a manager who hints that his team will be relegated to the media before a ball has even been kicked is just f***ing stupid. No suprise at all that they are bottom.

This will be Paul Hart who took over last season from the hapless Tony Adams & got them out of the mire.

Leaders Braga kept their 100 percent record with a 3-1 home win over Belenenses, with Hugo Viana scoring two goals in the second half.

Always thought his right foot was only for standing on.

Always thought his right foot was only for standing on.

As soon as this pic was taken he fell over damaging his cruciate.

Which is the reason that I, and many others, have tipped them to really struggle this year.

:lol: I'd be devastated if I was relying on Kanu to keep my team in the premier league. I wonder if it will be the least effective ever premiership strike force ?