Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Alberto da Silva, a journalist for World Soccer magazine, believes Bosingwa has been overvalued by Chelsea.

"He's a good player but he's not worth that much money," he told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"I think Chelsea's current right-back Paulo Ferreira is a better player. I don't know who negotiated the deal, but he did well for Porto."

:lol:

Bosingwa has looked very good when I've seen him play this season (hasn't been much) and he's now Portugal's first-choice right-back as well, isn't he?

Loaded with pace.

They've obviously paid through the nose to get the lad in but when you have one of the richest men in the world throwing cash at the club they can afford to. They've bought him early enough to get him settled in and they'll be hoping he hits the ground running in August. The inflated price is no guarantee he'll do the business however.

Wish we were in a position to do that tbh. 

Guest NorthernSoul

World Cup/European Championship Summers are notoriously slow! There'll probably be a rush to get things done pre-tournament then the old 'Waiting to return from Holiday' chestnut afterwards. Plus side, there should be a few new gems uncovered...

Apparently West Ham have offered Freddie 3 mil to f*** off.

...........  amd according to the WH boards Freddie says he won't go unless they up the offer to £6m!!

Straight out of the Winston Bogarde Book of Commitment and  Loyalty. mackems.gif

Having played his final game in a Newcastle shirt on Sunday, free agent Peter Ramage was in London on Monday to undergo a medical at Queens Park Rangers.

Despite the Championship side currently being without a manager, the 24 year-old defender has been offered a three year deal at Loftus Road.

Good luck to him.

...........  amd according to the WH boards Freddie says he won't go unless they up the offer to £6m!!

Straight out of the Winston Bogarde Book of Commitment and  Loyalty. mackems.gif

A contract is a two-way thing. The clubs should never have offered him it in the first place if they weren't prepared to honour it.

The WH fans should be annoyed at Curbishley and Magnusson tbh.

A contract is a two-way thing. The clubs should never have offered him it in the first place if they weren't prepared to honour it.

I totally agree.  People can't moan about players not honouring their contracts and then in the next breath complain when they to.

And it's not like Freddie hasn't been playing either.  He's been a regular starter since overcoming injury before Christmas.

Yep.

Ljungberg has done nothing wrong. When fit he's started pretty much every game and is then supposed to accept his contract getting ripped up even though no circumstances have changed?

Everybody knew he was starting to pick up lots of injuries and wasn't as good a player anymore. It's not Ljungberg's fault that West Ham offered him superstar-level wages.

Yep.

Ljungberg has done nothing wrong. When fit he's started pretty much every game and is then supposed to accept his contract getting ripped up even though no circumstances have changed?

Everybody knew he was starting to pick up lots of injuries and wasn't as good a player anymore. It's not Ljungberg's fault that West Ham offered him superstar-level wages.

Or that Steven Taylor stood on him.

Ben Arfa linked with arsenal again. Would be a quality signing for them....has the potential to be much better than Hleb.

Says who?  His agent?

Really hate the word 'potential' in football o and also 'the next ..'! boils my piss

Ben Arfa linked with arsenal again. Would be a quality signing for them....has the potential to be much better than Hleb.

Says who?  His agent?

Really hate the word 'potential' in football o and also 'the next ..'! boils my piss

Says who about what? the transfer? There's quotes from Ben arfa himself on the SS website. http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_3555527,00.html

Regarding your second sentence; that's just my opnion about Ben arfa. I've seen him more than enough in the past couple of seasons......and I just think he'd be a much better player than Hleb in few years time, especially under the coaching of Wenger. As Simple as.

16.5 million pounds on a right back? Insane

Maybe KK had a point.

I think this is just a sign of things to come for this transfer window. I predict a huge inflation in the fees due to extra money floating around and Euro/GBP exchange rates.

I think we'll be very surprised by some prices, 10 mill for example will probably only buy you a decent Prem player. To get any true quality 15 and up will be the starting point.

I don't disagree with you.  Curbishley went into a transfer window with a lot of new foreign money and bought a collection of crocks, Magnusson didn't keep any control on what was going on and ultimately got sacked for it and it's now all coming home to roost.  I've no complaint with FL saying he'll see out the contract with the reserves or kids if need be, it's the comments from the bingo club's finest fans that have really brightened my day!

I don't disagree with you.  Curbishley went into a transfer window with a lot of new foreign money and bought a collection of crocks, Magnusson didn't keep any control on what was going on and ultimately got sacked for it and it's now all coming home to roost.  I've no complaint with FL saying he'll see out the contract with the reserves or kids if need be, it's the comments from the bingo club's finest fans that have really brightened my day!

Indeed.

Football club stupidly gives long, massively overpaid contract to crocked, past it player. Crocked, past it player insists that they honour the contract.

Sounds simple to me.

Spurs being linked again with John Bostock, just as we were in January.  I think there is a good chance of this happening sooner or later.  If it doesn't happen, it won't be because of Simon Jordan, he owes Levy a big one for our help a couple of years ago.

With Eto'o now looking to be on his way to Inter, Berbatov's replacement still to be sorted.  Latest info from ITK's is that Chelsea want Berbatov and have offered Anelka, SWP and £5m for him, plus contribute to the wage bill to preserve our salary structure.

I'd settle for that, one sulk for another with sweep thrown in (and presumably Lennon to be moved on), but I know a lot of fans just see Anelka as tainted goods and won't accept him even if he is wearing the shirt.  I don't think this option will happen either tbh.

Anelka, SWP, + 5 mil? I don't think any rational person could believe that.

True. Chelsea wouldn't be that stupid?!?! :-)

Stupid enough to lash out £16.2m on Bosingwa, I suppose anything is possible.  Can't believe the number of people on the Spurs forums saying it's not enough tbh!