Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest kingdawson

Huddleston or palacious?  I thought Wilson would be nailed on. How has Bassong performed?

Bassong's been very good. He's done a better job then most spurs fans ever expected/hoped (including me). Palacios didn't have a very good season last year and our best performances and results came when Luka and Huddlestone played cm and Bale was on the wing. Still rate him very highly but he's certainly not a guaranteed starter anymore.

Guest Stephen927

Also hasn't Modric pretty much tried and failed as a holding player?

Ramos played him there cos he's a fool.

Holding player? That's not his role at all unless he has a natural defensive player in 4-2-3-1 next to him. He has no defensive qualities.

If these rumours of Onuoha going to Sunderland are true, then I am quite incensed. If it really is a loan, we should have been grovelling at Man City's feet to complete the deal.

Guest kingdawson

Gomes

Corluka-Dawson-King-Bale

Huddlestone-Palacios

Lennon-Ireland-Modric

Remy

No. Bellamy is pure class and would allow us to be more direct. We'd counter attack teams to death with him and Lennon on the wings and Ireland central, besides Luka can play the cm role very effectively (him and Ireland can easily swap positions to confuse opposition with my proposed line up).

It's either Hudds or Palacios imo.

Holding player? That's not his role at all unless he has a natural defensive player in 4-2-3-1 next to him. He has no defensive qualities.

If these rumours of Onuoha going to Sunderland are true, then I am quite incensed. If it really is a loan, we should have been grovelling at Man City's feet to complete the deal.

Aye Ramos used to play him there on his own. He might be better with a defensive player next to him but to get the best out of him surely he needs to be somewhere in that attacking three?

Agreed, but Hughton was never going to be look for a righ back after we brought Perch in.

Guest kingdawson

He wouldn't be holding. Either Huddlestone or Palacios would be the one sitting.

Guest kingdawson

That's based on not hearing much about Bellamy joining you, is it looking certain? If so he needs to be in there probably drop Lennon and play Ireland on the right.

Drop Lennon? i refuse to respond.