Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Carlos Vela up for sale, Weg has failed to make him progress. Always seemed to show flashes of brilliance in the Carling Cup but the lack of PL games he has played is clear indicator that Arsne is not going to use him on a regular basis.

Forest trying to sign Aaron Ramsey permanently. Surely not?

No chance

Not a chance in hell, Ramsey and Wilshere are the future of Arsenal. May as well give up now if Ramsey was sold.

Vela could be worth a punt at the right price

A bit rough around the edges but ahead of anything we have bar Carroll.

Would fit into our "model" too.

He's class, unfortunately his opportunities have been few and far between. I don't want him to go but i dunno if he can fit into 'the system' he can't play alone up front or on the left-wing he just hasn't got what is required. If we revert to 4-4-2 (which i expect we will eventually with Theo going up top) i'd like him to stay if he's happy being understudy to Theo.

It's not really blind hope.  He's never been given a run in a team and has still shown he has quality.

One good game in ten?  Like I say, an improvement on what we've got.

You could be talking about Lovenkrands here. Why do we need another Lovenkrands? Just because Vela is 'young'?

It's not really blind hope.  He's never been given a run in a team and has still shown he has quality.

You could be talking about Lovenkrands here. Why do we need another Lovenkrands? Just because Vela is 'young'?

He's never looked out of place at Arsenal IMO.  Vela or Lovenkrands?  There's no question in my mind, I can't believe anyone would say any different.

Guest guinness_fiend

He's never looked out of place at Arsenal IMO.  Vela or Lovenkrands?  There's no question in my mind, I can't believe anyone would say any different.

I've seen Lovenkrands play and not Vela.  Until such time as I see Vela prove himself, I reserve my right to prefer Lovenkrands, especially given that my Arsenal mates have all said that they'd be quite happy to let him go and that they favour Captain Inconsistency himself - Nicklas Bendtner.

I've seen Lovenkrands play and not Vela.  Until such time as I see Vela prove himself, I reserve my right to prefer Lovenkrands, especially given that my Arsenal mates have all said that they'd be quite happy to let him go and that they favour Captain Inconsistency himself - Nicklas Bendtner.

Bendtner is better than most we have as well, it's hardly a damning indictment on Vela.  I've seen enough of Vela to know he's better than Lovenkrands.  I've hardly seen Ben Arfa play but I know I would rather have him over Jonas.

People need to stop thinking Bendtner is some kind of hopeless donkey. Once players like him have these stigmas they're difficult to shake off. Bendtner would improve us massively.

Bendtner is really good now. Developed a lot over the last two seasons.

I'd love him at Everton, think he'll do well with regular football wherever he goes. Don't think Wenger will want to lose him though which says it all.

Guest guinness_fiend

Bendtner is far from the finished article and struggles to carve out chances for himself.  He's a decent enough poacher, but he's still a work-in-progress and is inconsistent, irrespective of whether he's improved.

I think that Wenger's main concern would be who to replace him with.  It's not like he (appears) to have anything resembling a war chest with which to buy a world class striker*

* cue egg-on-face next week when they buy Torres.