Other clubs' transfers

Dave

"Ideally it would be better if they were adapted to English football"

Worryingly he goes on to say

"We have solutions internally with Miquel, with Alex Song who can play centre back and with Squillaci, who should come back very quickly"

Song cannot be taken from midfield, and Miquel looks like he has the potential to be a real top class player but we really do need to buy.

I hope the last quote is his way of trying to not get held to ransom not a genuine viable option...

Think he won the Spanish Cup with Espanyol and had a spell with Olympiakos after leaving us tbf. Always liked him. Remember him making a ton of goals for Shearer particularly that first season under Bobby.

Knew he'd been at Olympiakos like but still :thdn: poor form in the way he did one. Scored against the mackems I guess.

Think he won the Spanish Cup with Espanyol and had a spell with Olympiakos after leaving us tbf. Always liked him. Remember him making a ton of goals for Shearer particularly that first season under Bobby.

He was just a bit part player for them, and never settled well in the area. Was let go after the Cup win season IIRC.

Wasn't it down to homesickness originally? Seem to remember talk at the time that he was a bit of a loner in the dressing room because he didn't drink and his religion.

Can't remember tbh.

This backs up your point though, I do remember the slagging of SBR though which obviously didn't go down well.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4161/is_20010114/ai_n9707773/

Why are Spurs supposedly interested in Phil Neville?

Err, because he's a f***ing quality player? Jeez.

f***ing average in my opinion

You can't buy experience.

He can have Sol on a free.

"We have solutions internally with Miquel, with Alex Song who can play centre back and with Squillaci, who should come back very quickly"

Song cannot be taken from midfield, and Miquel looks like he has the potential to be a real top class player but we really do need to buy.

I hope the last quote is his way of trying to not get held to ransom not a genuine viable option...

What do you think of your CBs atm?

Vermaelen is obviously a class act but he's injured atm. I actually rate Djourou as your next best CB ahead of the other 2 fairies, which is bad in itself.

So I'd go Vermaelen - Djourou when all were fit, but like you say Wenger should go for a new one. He says from English football so who could it be?

Jageilka? Cahill? Samba? Hangeland? I'd say Jagielka would be a good talker to have at the back but then the rest of your backline are all francophone.  :undecided:

Also still think you needs a keeper.

Squillaci at the back for the CL tie please. He shits his pants every time he sees Messi running at him.

What do you think of your CBs atm?

Vermaelen is obviously a class act but he's injured atm. I actually rate Djourou as your next best CB ahead of the other 2 fairies, which is bad in itself.

So I'd go Vermaelen - Djourou when all were fit, but like you say Wenger should go for a new one. He says from English football so who could it be?

Jageilka? Cahill? Samba? Hangeland? I'd say Jagielka would be a good talker to have at the back but then the rest of your backline are all francophone.  :undecided:

Also still think you needs a keeper.

Squillaci was a poor poor buy. Here's me predicting so...

Jon Cross from The Mirror reckons we tried really hard on Jagielka but he was over priced.

Squillaci it is he reckons.

Don't rate him and can't see him being a target for opposition as he isn't the strongest.

Vermaelen is quality and we really miss him when he's not playing, I think Djourou has been brilliant the games he has played this season and when Kos + Djourou had partnered eachother we have kept more clean sheets than ever! I think if we can get a 30 league game pairing of Djourou + Vermaelen next season I'd be ecstatic, they will be class together!

We certainly don't need a goalkeeper now, Fabianski looks like a number 1 for me, now.

Squillaci has been very poor and should be nowhere near, I'd rather have kept Bartley and played him what I've seen of him this season he's been very good.

It would be a dream come true to be able to play Djourou-Vermaelen against Barca but I think we won't see Vermaelen this season now, unfortunately.

Vermaelen is quality and we really miss him when he's not playing, I think Djourou has been brilliant the games he has played this season and when Kos + Djourou had partnered eachother we have kept more clean sheets than ever! I think if we can get a 30 league game pairing of Djourou + Vermaelen next season I'd be ecstatic, they will be class together!

We certainly don't need a goalkeeper now, Fabianski looks like a number 1 for me, now.

Squillaci has been very poor and should be nowhere near, I'd rather have kept Bartley and played him what I've seen of him this season he's been very good.

It would be a dream come true to be able to play Djourou-Vermaelen against Barca but I think we won't see Vermaelen this season now, unfortunately.

:kasper:

Guest palnese

No league titles in the years to come for you lot then.

Truly the stuff of dreams

I have different types of dreams though

"As" reporting that Madrid have secured a first option for Fabio Coentrao for the summer.

Strange one, for what I have seen of him he's not very good in defending duties, and they already have Marcelo who's very good going forward but not so much at the back.