Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Graeme Bailey: Paris St Germain have refused to budge on their stance over want-away star Stephane Sessegnon. Follow me on Twitter @graemebailey

Guest Stephen927

Erm.. yeah he did say it.

'Last year Bale had already proved his value and now he has improved, so you'd need a lot of money to sign him,' Mancini has told the Italian press.

'He will be our strongest target - if Tottenham decide to put him on the market in the summer.

'He will be possibly the only player who is not a striker that can make a difference [to our squad].'

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/852516-gareth-bale-is-man-citys-top-summer-transfer-target-roberto-mancini#ixzz1AusswuMn

Mancini never said he wants to sign Bale btw.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/67509.html  (updated 6 minutes ago)

he's as good as in Manchester, face it

Face what?

We'll absolutly rip them off with the fee. Wouldn't be surprised if we get Johnson, Adebayor and cash tbh.

dunno, just fucking about really, don't care - you usually do well on sales like that i agree

spurs should clinch CL again this season imo with chelski making an arse of things but do you think selling Bale is the right thing, even if you do get a deal like that?  think it'll help you make the next step?  hypothetically of course

It's all hypothetical though, because we won't put him up for sale. He could have said the same things about Carroll, or Iniesta, or whoever. He was asked about Bale and gave a straight answer, and fair enough. The headline is the stirring part. That and the addition of "(to our squad)" which the Metro made themselves.

Guest kingdawson

Here we go again....

It's funny that i always do it when someone brings it up first though.

btw i thought it was me that was stalking you?

Guest kingdawson

Mancini never said he wants to sign Bale btw.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/67509.html  (updated 6 minutes ago)

he's as good as in Manchester, face it

Face what?

We'll absolutly rip them off with the fee. Wouldn't be surprised if we get Johnson, Adebayor and cash tbh.

dunno, just f***ing about really, don't care - you usually do well on sales like that i agree

spurs should clinch CL again this season imo with chelski making an arse of things but do you think selling Bale is the right thing, even if you do get a deal like that?  think it'll help you make the next step?  hypothetically of course

That's the thing mate. I've always argued that losing Bale will not be as harmful as losing Berbatov was. Don't get me wrong Bale is quality and i don't want him to go BUT we were top 4 midway last season before Bale even broke into the team (in january). I doubt we'd be able to play the fast paced counter attacking style though.

Barca chief drops Modric hint

Author:  Ben Moss

Posted on:12 January 2011 - 11:58

Barcelona manager Josep Guardiola is a big admirer of Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Luka Modric according to one of the Catalan club’s directors.

The pint-sized Premier League playmaker has been in sensational form for Harry Redknapp’s impressive Spurs outfit this season, earning reputed covetous glances from Manchester United and Chelsea, and although the aforementioned Tottenham manager has always maintained the Croatian international is not for sale, interest from the La Liga giants will be most unwelcome as the North London club endeavour to maintain their title challenge.

Barcelona’s head of external relations Manuel Estiarte, suggested at this stage Guardiola was only an admirer of the 25-year-old, but added the Spanish outfit were well aware of Modric’s form this season.

Estiarte told Jutarnji List: "Luka has always been liked by Pep (Guardiola), we know him very well.

"But I repeat that it is very difficult to play in Barcelona today. We have eight world champions in our personnel."

During the summer both Manchester United and Chelsea were linked with moves in excess of £25 million for the former Dinamo Zagreb talisman, but Redknapp has regularly dismissed any notion of the club parting with their best players like Bale and Modric.

TBH, I'm more concerned about Barca talking about Modric than Citeh talking up Bale.   Modric is more important to Spurs than Bale imho.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/49054/Barca_chief_drops_Modric_hint.aspx