Other clubs' transfers

Dave

The way they are this close so far into the season just highlights how daft Wenger was not to strengthen properly.

Exactly. Wonder if he has any regrets. But as long as he's still shipping in 16 year olds from Barcelona, everythings ok, yes?

It depends on Szczesny i want to see him making the team week in week out and i do think he is ready, it's difficult. Somebody like Reina for a season would be class and we could probably get back what we payed for him but that type of short-term attitude is not really Mr Wenger's way.

Guest Stephen927

Can't see Liverpool selling Reina to you, tbh.

He supposedly has a minimum fee release clause. No idea what it's supposed to be or if Arsenal would even pay it mind.

Just dont completely buy into this supposed Goalkeeper and defence weakness that's costing Arsenal silverware, especially domestically, although i do think its a factor in the CL.

Personally dont think Arsenal have been clinical enough infront of goal compared to previous seasons where they've challenged. In their pomp they always had an out an out goals scorer who'd bag 25-30 goals a season, but more importantly they'd have at least 3 or 4 other players who'd get you 15 goals a season as well. If you look at the players they have nowadays there is no out and out 25 goals striker as Persie is a permacrock and the supporting players just arent chipping as much as they should be.

Obviously successful teams need a solid base, but the lack of 'critique' towards thier misfiring forward players highlights the fact that there seems to be a massive misconception that Arsenal are struggling mainly because of their goalkeeper and defence. It's becoming a bit of a cliche in my unbelievably well informed opinion and is simply not the answer to there problems.

I think Dalgish has a "If you don't want to be here i don't care where you go" attitude tbh.

Just dont completely buy into this supposed Goalkeeper and defence weakness that's costing Arsenal silverware, especially domestically, although i do think its a factor in the CL.

Personally dont think Arsenal have been clinical enough infront of goal compared to previous seasons where they've challenged. In their pomp they always had an out an out goals scorer who'd bag 25-30 goals a season, but more importantly they'd have at least 3 or 4 other players who'd get you 15 goals a season as well. If you look at the players they have nowadays there is no out and out 25 goals striker as Persie is a permacrock and the supporting players just arent chipping as much as they should be.

Obviously successful teams need a solid base, but the lack of 'critique' towards thier misfiring forward players highlights the fact that there seems to be a massive misconception that Arsenal are struggling mainly because of their goalkeeper and defence. It's becoming a bit of a cliche in my unbelievably well informed opinion and is simply not the answer to there problems.

We have lacked a CB, when Squillaci has had to come in he's been pretty bad, but if we had Djourou-Vermaelen all season (no hope, everybody get's injuried) we'd have enough with Kos a more than Adequate cover, it's if we lose both Djourou and Vermaelen (like now) we're screwed. Szczesny WILL be the Arsenal goalkeeper for many years to come, it's just if he's ready right now.

He supposedly has a minimum fee release clause. No idea what it's supposed to be or if Arsenal would even pay it mind.

£24m? Wenger won't pay that. If Wenger spent some cash on a top keeper, some centre-backs that can actually defend and a few decent squad players Arsenal would be top of the league.

I think Dalgish has a "If you don't want to be here i don't care where you go" attitude tbh.

We have lacked a CB, when Squillaci has had to come in he's been pretty bad, but if we had Djourou-Vermaelen all season (no hope, everybody get's injuried) we'd have enough with Kos a more than Adequate cover, it's if we lose both Djourou and Vermaelen (like now) we're screwed. Szczesny WILL be the Arsenal goalkeeper for many years to come, it's just if he's ready right now.

I've always had a soft spot for Arsenal because of there attacking football and Wengers footballing philosophy. I always think that the best form of defence is attack, i know Arsenals winning teams in the past have been built on solid foundations wth the likes of Adams, Keown, Campbell and Toure being stalwarts in your title aspirations but I do think not enough is being made of your forward play.

For me the last time Arsenal were a real force they had Pires, Ljungberg, Bergkamp, Henry even Wiltord. These were players who were all clincal in front of goal, its these players that havent been replaced in my opinion.

Walcott/Arshavin/Fabregas/Van persie/Chamakh/Nasri/Bendtner they're all talented players but bwetween them you either have lack of contiuation due to injury or a distinct lack of "incisiveness" in front of goal. Or in some cases both.

I genuinely think they'd benefit more from buying 2 or 3  players who were natural finishers than defenders and goalies.

Guest Stephen927

He should try and meet the release fee they Reina supposedly has in his contract.

Should of went in for Given when they had the chance.

Apparently they made an offer but City weren't willing to sell him to a rival, might have been Bellamy who said that.

I don't think goalkeeper is really a problem for Arsenal, however you spell it seems a pretty decent young keeper.

Seriously? How many title winning sides do you see with a 20 year-old in goal?

Not many, but every team only has one keeper and Man Utd win the title most seasons.

Arsenal might win the title this year.

Fabregash how do you rate koscielny ?

He's not awful or woeful he's alright but he shouldn't be starting at the moment, Djourou has bailed him out a lot this season though and i do think he'll be a good steady player for us after Djourou and Vermaelen, i'd like to have another defender in though ahead of him and Squillaci out for Bartley next season.

We are two players away imo, a strong second choice for Song and another CB.

I don't think goalkeeper is really a problem for Arsenal, however you spell it seems a pretty decent young keeper.

Seriously? How many title winning sides do you see with a 20 year-old in goal?

Not many, but every team only has one keeper and Man Utd win the title most seasons.

Arsenal might win the title this year.

Just off my head Casillas and Valdés both packed significant silverware in their early 20s. Can be done but chestnut seems still a wee bit green.