Our Target Man Next Season?

Guest michaelfoster
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Darren Bent or Cruz would be good signings IMO. I still hesitate about Crouch because for someone who's 7ft tall he still looks weak and I'm not sure he's fantastic in the air either.

No, you are sure he's not fantastic in the air. He's been plodding on for seasons now and is going to get no better than he is at the moment which is very average with moments of brilliance. These moments are few and far between though.

Guest teepee

too bad about viduka imo - but as someone said, now we really have to be looking for a new target man/big type striker.

at least if he is out for 6 months....

dont like the idea of crouch in a blackandwhite strip. Not a player thats gonna cause a prolem for a defender, not particularly effective in the course of a 90minute game, has no outstanding attributes only thing good about him is his link up play and occasional goal threats.

Would rather go for someone like Zigic whos gonna do the same job but more difficult to handle and probably cheaper.

ameobi at this rate... lol

klaas jan huntelaar? or would he be costing silly money?

There is no chance of us signing Huntelaar when teams like AC, Man Utd, Real Madrid and Barcelona are interested. I think it could be worth bringing Gudjohnsen back to England.

ameobi at this rate... lol

klaas jan huntelaar? or would he be costing silly money?

There is no chance of us signing Huntelaar when teams like AC, Man Utd, Real Madrid and Barcelona are interested. I think it could be worth bringing Gudjohnsen back to England.

I'm not so sure. The Huntelaar hype really does seem to have died down quite a bit.

I think he will end up being one of those that goes to another team before the big clubs show any real interest.

Guest alijmitchell

Would it be completely ridiculous to try and get berbatov? Now we all know the papers talk shite, but with Ramos allegedly looking at Villa and Eto'o, we could do worse than putting a bid in and probably getting knocked back.

Guest LUKASJJ

I wouldnt mind selling smith for 5 mil and then going all out for Santa Cruz. Might cost about 12-15 million and then offer him big wages and i think he would come. However i wouldnt be overly upset if we got Crouch but Gomis does excite me for some reason even though i have ony seen him on youtube.

just think he is really underated, if keegan wants to play a similar formation to what he is currently i cant think of many better strikers in europe that are as clever on the ball in terms of holding it up and bringing your wingers/attacking midfielders into the game as crouch is, really underated in that area

I'd like us to get either Ashton (West Ham) or Peter Crouch (Liverpool)... in that prioritiy order...

Ashton is injured too often, better to look at other options imo..

Would it be completely ridiculous to try and get berbatov? Now we all know the papers talk s****, but with Ramos allegedly looking at Villa and Eto'o, we could do worse than putting a bid in and probably getting knocked back.

Yes, it would be completely ridiculous.  Berbatov will leave Spurs because he wants CL football next season.  Even if we had a bid accepted, why (other than the "I was a Toon fan as a boy" factor, which will be meaningless compared to getting trophies/CL football in the immediate future) would he leave Spurs for us?  He's leaving them for football reasons so as things stand there is not a hope in hell he will join us at the moment.

Get the "you've got to buy a ticket to win the lottery" idea, but if we're going down that road why not just bid for Messi and Kaka while we're at it.  Same chance of them wanting to play for the Toon at the moment as the chance of Berbatov wanting to come to us.

You know what, i don't even want a target man.

I want a clever striker who can create and get into the double figure, the only problem is they are hard to find.

Gudjohnsen is the only one that springs to my mind.................... this is why we need a scouting network.

You know what, i don't even want a target man.

I want a clever striker who can create and get into the double figure, the only problem is they are hard to find.

Gudjohnsen is the only one that springs to my mind.................... this is why we need a scouting network.

I agree, i would love to have someone "like" Kluivert (when he was in good shape) instead..

No leftovers please!

Crouch is not the right player for us.

Go for someone young and new like Gomis.

Someone unproven and inexperianced?

*Devils advocate*

Keegan mentioned he was looking for premiership experience and the ability to improve. Does Ashton have either?  On that profile alone Crouch fits the bill but not at the prices being asked.