Where's the ambition?

bulivye

Keegan's gone from...

“I want people to dream about their football club. They should, we should all be dreamers at heart. Some people are the opposite and say 'we can't do that', but when you ask them why, they can't give a reason. Well, I say, 'Why not?'”

To...

"During my time here – and I’ve got three years left – Newcastle will not be a Champions League club."

Hes just p!ssed off, cos he saw on monday what he is up against, and Mort hasnt given him enough money.

This is the type of manager, I want at newcastle,----- one isnt happy, that we are way behind the likes of Chelsea.

I dont get it, aiming to move from 12th best to 5th best is ambitious.

we will have no chance of attracting the players capable of getting us into the top 10 though, unless the players think that CL football is a possabilty.

If Keegan had been here for the whole season, we'd be in the top 10, so thats that argument out the window.

Its ridiculous to tie together these comments and players wanting to play for Newcastle. They'll come if they arent arsed about living in London, other teams have got a player in that position and they fancy playing in front of 52,000.

Most importantly of all, the positive experience of the current players will have more influence on a potential target if he knows one of our lot personally, than some comments in the press about the top 4 which everyone agrees is spot on.

Keegan's gone from...

“I want people to dream about their football club. They should, we should all be dreamers at heart. Some people are the opposite and say 'we can't do that', but when you ask them why, they can't give a reason. Well, I say, 'Why not?'”

To...

"During my time here – and I’ve got three years left – Newcastle will not be a Champions League club."

Hes just p!ssed off, cos he saw on monday what he is up against, and Mort hasnt given him enough money.

This is the type of manager, I want at newcastle,----- one isnt happy, that we are way behind the likes of Chelsea.

I would agree with that, as long as he does something about it other than moan to the press.

Keegan's gone from...

To...

Didn't we offer £16 million for a player even though the season hasn't finished yet?

If Keegan thought he was going to come in here and be given enough money to compete with Chelsea straight away then he's a bigger idiot than I ever imagined.

Keegan's gone from...

To...

its tragic. i have half a mind to drive up to newcastle, punch keegan in the face and then show him why we can do it.

Sam Allardyce, would have been content, to stay in the shadow of the top 4, play his mediocre brand of football, settle for mid table zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

That is why he is not the type of manager I want at Newcastle.

Keegan, is not happy in the shadow of the top4,

That is why he is the type of manager I want at Newcastle.

Keegan's gone from...

To...

Didn't we offer £16 million for a player even though the season hasn't finished yet?

If Keegan thought he was going to come in here and be given enough money to compete with Chelsea straight away then he's a bigger idiot than I ever imagined.

You preferred Allardyce's patter?

Keegan's gone from...

To...

You certainly did.

Keegan's gone from...

To...

its tragic. i have half a mind to drive up to newcastle, punch keegan in the face and then show him why we can do it.

Sam Allardyce, would have been content, to stay in the shadow of the top 4, play his mediocre brand of football, settle for mid table zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Allardyce left Bolton because they wouldn't give him the money to take them any further so that's bollocks.

Keegan's gone from...

To...

Repeating that line over and over again doesn't make it more right.

Keegan's gone from...

To...

You certainly did.

Over Keegan? You're imagining things mate, go and waste a few hours finding a quote to back that up.

I was alarmed at the direction the club was taking, thought it was a risk, nothing more.

You complained about Allardyce being full of shit, all Keegan has done is say it as he sees it.

You want to make a paypal bet on the top 4 next season? I'll have the current 4, which ones do you want?

Keegan's gone from...

To...

I think it needs repeating to some of the thick heeds on here

Keegan's gone from...

To...

You certainly did.

Over Keegan? You're imagining things mate, go and waste a few hours finding a quote to back that up.

I was alarmed at the direction the club was taking, thought it was a risk, nothing more.

You complained about Allardyce being full of shit, all Keegan has done is say it as he sees it.

You want to make a paypal bet on the top 4 next season? I'll have the current 4, which ones do you want?

Are you, and many other posters, missing the point here? We all know that the current top 4 will once again be top 4 next season, but for a manager of Newcastle United to come out and say that we'll not play Champions League football during his time here is completely the wrong message to send out to potential signings. Baggio isn't saying that Keegan should claim we will win the league. If anything, Keegan should say nothing at all, and I can't for the life of me see a reason for his outburst.

Keegan's gone from...

To...

Remember why Keegan left the first time?

Keegan's gone from...

To...

Allardyce left Bolton because they wouldn't give him the money to take them any further so that's bollocks.

So you would prefer SA as toon manager?

If Keegan had been here for the whole season, we'd be in the top 10, so thats that argument out the window.

Its ridiculous to tie together these comments and players wanting to play for Newcastle. They'll come if they arent arsed about living in London, other teams have got a player in that position and they fancy playing in front of 52,000.

Most importantly of all, the positive experience of the current players will have more influence on a potential target if he knows one of our lot personally, than some comments in the press about the top 4 which everyone agrees is spot on.

Just go with the flow and knee-jerk.

Keegan's gone from...

To...

So you would prefer SA as toon manager?

Read that 4 times now and still can't see where he said that.

Keegan's gone from...

To...

Because the club was floated, and his share option wasnt what he thought it would be. I believe.

That after, 1st, 3rd, 6th, 2nd, 2nd, ... you gonna complain about those league finishes?

Keegan's gone from...

To...

You certainly did.

I must of been dreaming when you said you'd prefer to stick with Allardyce then.

As for what Allardyce said, he did talk shit and anyone who had watched us play could tell you that our football was long ball rubbish even though his prozone stats said differently.

Keegan's comments may well be correct but it's not what potential signings will want to hear, you've got Ramos telling people he's going to be pushing hard for a Champions League place next season and Keegan saying it's impossible and won't happen in the next 3 years he's manager, no wonder the likes of Modric would rather go to Spurs.

Keegan's gone from...

To...

Because the club was floated, and his share option wasnt what he thought it would be. I believe.

That after, 1st, 3rd, 6th, 2nd, 2nd, ... you gonna complain about those league finishes?

Ahh, I remember you're quite difficult ;)

I'm making the point that Keegan's ambition could always go the other way and be a bad thing for us. If he feels that the club cannot match his ambition, he'll walk.

Keegan's gone from...

To...

You certainly did.

Are you, and many other posters, missing the point here? We all know that the current top 4 will once again be top 4 next season, but for a manager of Newcastle United to come out and say that we'll not play Champions League football during his time here is completely the wrong message to send out to potential signings. Baggio isn't saying that Keegan should claim we will win the league. If anything, Keegan should say nothing at all, and I can't for the life of me see a reason for his outburst.

It really is that obvious.

I must of been dreaming when you said you'd prefer to stick with Allardyce then.

As for what Allardyce said, he did talk s*** and anyone who had watched us play could tell you that our football was long ball rubbish even though his prozone stats said differently.

Keegan's comments may well be correct but it's not what potential signings will want to hear, you've got Ramos telling people he's going to be pushing hard for a Champions League place next season and Keegan saying it's impossible and won't happen in the next 3 years he's manager, no wonder the likes of Modric would rather go to Spurs.

I doubt any player will read or listen to what Keegan has said and decide to go elsewhere for that reason.

Keegan's gone from...

To...

I'm making the point that Keegan's ambition could always go the other way and be a bad thing for us. If he feels that the club cannot match his ambition, he'll walk.

If supporting KK 100%, makes me difficult, then I agree.

As for what Allardyce said, he did talk s*** and anyone who had watched us play could tell you that our football was long ball rubbish even though his prozone stats said differently.

I doubt any player will read or listen to what Keegan has said and decide to go elsewhere for that reason.

So you think Keegan will say one thing to the fans, and then when talking to the player he'll big the club up saying that we're aiming for the champions league?

I don't believe that for a minute.

Players want the club to be sold to them and the way to do that is to tell them you've got ambition and you plan on going places, certainly the players of the quality we're apparently after anyway, what you don't want to hear is that we've go no chance of getting in the Champions League in the next 3 years, after all that is where the best players either want to play now or end up.

Keegan's gone from...

To...

If supporting KK 100%, makes me difficult, then I agree.

Jesus wept. I'm not saying don't support him (I certainly give him my backing) but you're claiming that he's a perfect manager because he won't settle for being outside the top, and I'm saying I worry because we might not be matching that ambition.