Where's the ambition?

bulivye

So whats your point? You said that if souness could sign players well then how why cant Keegan, well im saying the 2 situations of the clubs are completely imcomparable and that we arent negotiating in a position of strength like we were last time around.

Thats why i dont think its wise to release coments of such nature becasue they put a limit on the ambition of the club when really, there shouldnt be, and the fact that there is makes us instantly less appealing as a club, if we cant sell our ambition then what else do we have to sell?

My point is that we can still compete cash wise, you said we couldn't, I said we could and have mentioned how.

We are in no less a position of strength than before as we've got the same to offer regarding Europe (nowt) but still have cash to offer.  Keegan will be more of a draw than Souness ever could be so one thing hasn't changed and one has for the better.

obviously not as good as those years we were 5th, should have done better, obviously

And I guess that you are happier than last season when we finished 13th?

I'm not saying we won't sign players that will improve us, I just think these latest comments have put the club in a bad light and he'd of been better off saying f*** all.

I don't see how the comments have put the club in a bad light, we'll go out next season to do our best in every competition and I don't think we'll lose a single possible incoming transfer because of what Keegan has said.

If Spurs tell a player they're aiming to get a champions league spot, and Newcastle tell the same player we won't be getting that spot, who do you think the player will choose? Who would you choose?

that much is obvious to a blind man. Keegan will also know the impact of what he said, so why do YOU think he said it and what does it mean

I think you are wrong, im not sure he does realise the impact of what he said, well not straight away anyway. I think those comments werent thought at all and were the result of his emotions getting the better of him after the Chelsea match.

that much is obvious to a blind man. Keegan will also know the impact of what he said, so why do YOU think he said it and what does it mean

bluelaugh.gif

I know what you're doing.   :lol:

its worth reading your posts for entertainment value, for a short while anyway. fredbob has pretty much tied you up  here BTW but as usual youre defending the individual without looking at the facts

its worth reading your posts for entertainment value, for a short while anyway. fredbob has pretty much tied you up  here BTW but as usual youre defending the individual without looking at the facts

And the facts are?

And the facts are?

Keegans not happy. He expected backing at least at the level the clubs managers have became accustomed to getting. Believe it.

So whats your point? You said that if souness could sign players well then how why cant Keegan, well im saying the 2 situations of the clubs are completely imcomparable and that we arent negotiating in a position of strength like we were last time around.

Thats why i dont think its wise to release coments of such nature becasue they put a limit on the ambition of the club when really, there shouldnt be, and the fact that there is makes us instantly less appealing as a club, if we cant sell our ambition then what else do we have to sell?

My point is that we can still compete cash wise, you said we couldn't, I said we could and have mentioned how.

We are in no less a position of strength than before as we've got the same to offer regarding Europe (nowt) but still have cash to offer.  Keegan will be more of a draw than Souness ever could be so one thing hasn't changed and one has for the better.

No i didnt, in fact thats the exact opposite of what i said.

As for the rest of your post, well are really sure about that? In souness time we could attract players that Villa, Portsmouth, Man City, Spurs couldnt attract because we had the financial strength and thus the ambition, we were only 1 or 2 seasons away from a 3rd place finish and CL football was only just around the corner-it seemed.

Well what can we offer now that the others cant?

finances - nope

recent silverware - nope

good recent history - nope

europe - nope

high profile manager - nope

Undisputable ambition - well maybe not now.....

Where is our selling point??

Keegans not happy. He expected backing at least at the level the clubs managers have became accustomed to getting. Believe it.

And we outbid Spurs for both Woodgate and Modric proves that how?

can't be arsed with you

can't be arsed with you

Mick wins.

can't be arsed with you

Mick wins.

they signed for Spurs.

At least we know its not because they have a DOF  mackems.gif

No i didnt, in fact thats the exact opposite of what i said.

As for the rest of your post, well are really sure about that? In souness time we could attract players that Villa, Portsmouth, Man City, Spurs couldnt attract because we had the financial strength and thus the ambition, we were only 1 or 2 seasons away from a 3rd place finish and CL football was only just around the corner-it seemed.

Well what can we offer now that the others cant?

finances - nope

recent silverware - nope

good recent history - nope

europe - nope

high profile manager - nope

Undisputable ambition - well maybe not now.....

Where is our selling point??

I'll also direct the last question to you regarding finances.

As for recent silverware, how has that changed recently?

As for good recent history, what do you call recent?

Europe, that's been dealt with but the penny doesn't seem to have dropped for some reason.  I've already mentioned what Souness did when he was here and he only had Europe because of the manager before him and we only brought in Boumsong, Babayaro and Faye while we did have that.  After that we had a 14th position with a shite manager and managed to bring in Owen, Parker, Luque and Emre.  All of these players were highly rated before they came here although not all worked out.

High profile manager, we've got one.

Undisputable ambition, Keegan has said that he is going for 5th place next season, how many other managers have come out this week and claimed that they were going for 5th or above?

can't be arsed with you

No answer I guess, same as how happy you are that we've climbed up the league this season while also bringing in a better manager than we had.

can't be arsed with you

Mick wins.

they signed for Spurs.

So it wasn't because we didn't offer enough money or that they've got a DOF.

That can only mean Keegan can't sell the club as well as Ramos can, not surprising really with the shite he came out with on Monday.

can't be arsed with you

Mick wins.

they signed for Spurs.

That can only mean Keegan can't sell the club as well as Ramos can, not surprising really with the shite he came out with on Monday.

ah, the ambition of the past eh

can't be arsed with you

Mick wins.

they signed for Spurs.

So you admit Keegan lacks ambition then.

can't be arsed with you

No answer I guess, same as how happy you are that we've climbed up the league this season while also bringing in a better manager than we had.

but not managed the positions of the ex board yet, correct or not ? And trumped twice by Spurs [showing more ambition than us] for the first time in 20 years........correct ?

Don't answer if you can't, because you certainly won't tell everybody else that this is the truth.

can't be arsed with you

Mick wins.

they signed for Spurs.

oh no, Keegan doesn't lack ambition, but one sure fire certainty is if the board do, he'll be off.

can't be arsed with you

Mick wins.

they signed for Spurs.

oh no, Keegan doesn't lack ambition, but one sure fire certainty is if the board do, he'll be off.

But the board offered more money to Woodgate and Modric so it can't be them who lack ambition, unless you thought they were unambitious giving Keegan the job?

Keegan on the other hand has come out and told everyone that we don't have a chance of cracking the top 4 no matter how much money he gets, where's his ambition there exactly?

can't be arsed with you

Mick wins.

they signed for Spurs.

But the board offered more money to Woodgate and Modric so it can't be them who lack ambition, unless you thought they were unambitious giving Keegan the job?

Keegan on the other hand has come out and told everyone that we don't have a chance of cracking the top 4 no matter how much money he gets, where's his ambition there exactly?

first paragraph is something made up, if you can show that and believe it, it must mean that YOU don't want Keegan in the job. Me ? I'm more than happy and I'm more than confident he'll do the trick if he's backed.

2nd is utter bollocks, obviously.

I'll leave you now Matthew lad, you can argue with your mates on bebo, or search google on your phone while you;re in the pub, or something.

but not managed the positions of the ex board yet, correct or not ? And trumped twice by Spurs [showing more ambition than us] for the first time in 20 years........correct ?

Don't answer if you can't, because you certainly won't tell everybody else that this is the truth.

Do you think something has happened over the last 10 months to cause the problem we now seem to have when trying to attract players?  Give it your best shot.