Viduka faces maximum 6 months injury lay-off

Guest pistonism

Guest JamesD

Forces us upgrade though. Could be a blessing in disguise as I can't see Keegan being content with Smith and Carrol as his other options.

Guest The Libertine

its good that its happened now and not 2 months ago because he's been an important part of our revival.

Why do people want Ashton?? Good player but injured waaayy too much. Better going for other players instead imo.

Very good player imho. Injury prone - yes. But some of his injuries are down to bad luck.

Guest alex

I'd take Crouch like. Basically he's an upgrade on what we have already and is a better footballer than he is often given credit for.

Why do people want Ashton?? Good player but injured waaayy too much. Better going for other players instead imo.

Very good player imho. Injury prone - yes. But some of his injuries are down to bad luck.

Well i said that i think he's a good player. But i still think we should sign a player with "less injuries and better luck" ;)

Looks like Crouch will attract £15 million according to the scousers.  Worth the punt?  Id say so. Hardly injured, regular sccorer, good target man and suprisingly good on the deck for a stick insect.

Looks like Crouch will attract £15 million according to the scousers.  Worth the punt?  Id say so. Hardly injured, regular sccorer, good target man and suprisingly good on the deck for a stick insect.

Are you mad, FFS???

Ashton looked great until the injuries started to be honest. Was scoring for fun, and although the Liverpool vs West Ham FA Cup Final is remembered as the Gerrard final, it looked like the Dean Ashton Final in the first half. Hasn't been the same since, but would be immense for us if we found the old Dean Ashton somehow.

If

Are you mad, FFS???

If £15 million is the going rate for that kind of striker then Ashely has to decided if he wants £5 million pound players or players to compete. That is What KK is on about.  I dont make the market prices, but what do you suppose Ashton would go for? Could he justify the amount of times he would actually play?

Guest alex

No way will Crouch go for that sort of money imo. I wouldn't want him at that price anyway.

Guest alex

Probably not, but it will be ballpark wont it?

Not imo. Agree with Baggio about Crouch's lack of mobility (and he lacks athleticism too) . He's not exactly perfect but a good player. Not really a classic 'target man' either but I think he could work well if we persist with the 4-3-3 next season with Owen's movement and Martin's pace.