Whatever happened to........... (forgotten expensive footballers)

Liam Liam Liam O

The one that always gets me is Gaizka Mendieta.  A man that once cost Lazio €48m is now rotting in Boro reserves.

hasnt he ben released?

dunno.  I went on wiki to check the fee and found this....

On 6 Dec 2007, according to a Spanish Newspaper, Mendieta announced his retirement from professional football when his Middlesbrough contract expires at the end of the 2007-08 season.[2] However according to the Official Middlesbrough Football Club Website, Mendieta has denied this alleged announcement, expressing his desire to play after his contract expires. In local reports he has stated that he and his family are happy living in the area and wants to play for another north eastern team.

The one that always gets me is Gaizka Mendieta.  A man that once cost Lazio €48m is now rotting in Boro reserves.

hasnt he ben released?

dunno.  I went on wiki to check the fee and found this....

On 6 Dec 2007, according to a Spanish Newspaper, Mendieta announced his retirement from professional football when his Middlesbrough contract expires at the end of the 2007-08 season.[2] However according to the Official Middlesbrough Football Club Website, Mendieta has denied this alleged announcement, expressing his desire to play after his contract expires. In local reports he has stated that he and his family are happy living in the area and wants to play for another north eastern team.

what, like hartlepool?? no-one else up here would have him. oh sorry, forgot about mighty carlisle

Mario Jardel, had one of the best goal scoring recoreds in the history of Football, amazing player in his prime..last thing i heard he was released from Newcastle Jets and admitted taking drugs druing the last couple of years..

Guest pont-toon

Dean Richards

is 1 of the 7 (claimed by a mate at work) english players who cost over 7million but never played for england

good old carl cort is another