Everton 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 11/05/08 - post 'match' reaction from page 9

Dave

tbh, it is probably for the best in the long term that going into the end of the season, some of our players get the chance to prove that they are projectile turboshit over ninety minutes.

I take it Owen is back to his ineffective self in the 4-4-2 then?

He is of no value to us in this formation unless we have very dynamic and pacy players on both wings and through midfield, as well as a powerful and pacy target man alongside Owen.

He is of no value to us in this formation unless we have very dynamic and pacy players on both wings and through midfield, as well as a powerful and pacy target man alongside Owen.

The whole team is playing badly. Sell them all I say.

Fucking hell, no-one is playing today, so it is incredibly stupid to blame Owen.

We're just shit in a 4-4-2. I hope this game puts paid to the myth that we were only shit in a 4-4-2 because we lacked confidence and all that shit.

Lacking two half decent wingers and lacking good all round central midfielders, any team would be shit in a 442.

Smith just got beaten, but no effort in to tackle, which was all he had going for him. Lowes reckons he's as good as gone.

I hope Lowes has inside knowledge!

Instead of saying "signing Owen on a new contract" is the most important business of the Summer, Keegan should have said "Selling Alan Smith would be the most important business of the Summer".

Not happy at all that we just gave up this game by starting Smith and Duff. After the season we have had we should be going out with a win and a good performance, instead the main bottlers that put us in the mess we were in get a run out.

No-one else Decky. Although it is good to get some youngsters a little run out, we can't play so many that it is going to destroy their confidence.