Rightwinger: SWP, Pennant or Lennon?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

his a player that some spanish & russian clubs are after..his got a pre contract with valencia but they aint doing so well..so newcastle could get him.. dont know if his any good in champ.. but his highly rated and plays for a small club.

Another Chelsea reject! "we need this like we need a hole in the head".

Is this a wind-up btw?

:snod:

Just checking. Pennant is a better RW than Milner btw. Milner might turn out to be a canny CM though.

No arguments there! but SWP is even better.

Guest alex

Is this a wind-up btw?

Just checking. Pennant is a better RW than Milner btw. Milner might turn out to be a canny CM though.

Definitely. As I've already said I think Pennant is dead ordinary. It was in response to some previous posts about them though.

Shaun Wright-Phillips, and easily too.

Hasn't had the best of times at Chelsea, but when he played for Man City he was supreme.

Get him back to that sort of form and he'll win us games by himself.

And what are the chances of him getting back to the form he was in 3 years ago?

Is this a wind-up btw?

Definitely. As I've already said I think Pennant is dead ordinary. It was in response to some previous posts about them though.

Ah right then! that's cleared that up then  :lol:

Shaun Wright-Phillips, and easily too.

Hasn't had the best of times at Chelsea, but when he played for Man City he was supreme.

Get him back to that sort of form and he'll win us games by himself.

And what are the chances of him getting back to the form he was in 3 years ago?

Probably reasonably likely considering his age and the fact when he does gets a decent run in the chelsea he looks quality.  I think he's one of those players rely on alot of gametime to play well.  Much like Barton, Owen etc.

If rumours are true and we don't have a huge transfer kitty this closed season, then I think we should stick with Milner.

IMO, we have much more pressing concerns, central midfield, centre back and a Viduka replacement would be much higher on my priority list if I were KK.

What could be more depressing than writing off James Milner when he hasn't even had a chance to show if he'd be any better under Keegan, like many of his colleagues have done?

No thanks.

I think Newcastle will sign Lennon tbh.

I'd be happy with that, I thought he looked at his best when playing the fast one touch football under Martin Jol and I think Keegan likes to play similar football to that, reminds me of a young Kieron Dyer who was quality for us when he was younger.

Any solution which ends up with us selling Milner is a good solution.

Thats a bit harsh, decent squad player who although doesnt have as much ability as most of our players has performed better than for the best part of 2 seasons.

I dont see any point in selling a young winger that can play both left wing and right wing if you can keep them as a squad player. I cant imagine he's on the highest of wages either.

What the fuck do we want a squad for though? 11 players should be more than enough.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_3584650,00.html

Wright-Phillips rules out Bridge exit

The 26-year-old has struggled to establish himself under Avram Grant making just three Premier League starts since January.

Wright-Phillips is likely to miss out on Wednesday's UEFA Champions League final with Manchester United, with Florent Malouda, Joe Cole and Salomon Kalou all ahead of him in Grant's pecking order.

The likes of Manchester City, Newcastle and Aston Villa are thought to be monitoring Wright-Phillips' situation, but the 26-year-old says he has no plans to move on.

"I will definitely be at Chelsea next season," said Wright-Phillips.

Speculation"Speculation has been like this since I was at Manchester City.

"It was going on for seven years before I left.

"Then I came to Chelsea and speculation has been going on for my whole time here and I have still not left.

"I have signed a contract (until summer 2010) and I'm here to see it out."

Guest teepee

The 26-year-old has struggled to establish himself under Avram Grant making just three Premier League starts since January.

Wright-Phillips is likely to miss out on Wednesday's UEFA Champions League final with Manchester United, with Florent Malouda, Joe Cole and Salomon Kalou all ahead of him in Grant's pecking order.

The likes of Manchester City, Newcastle and Aston Villa are thought to be monitoring Wright-Phillips' situation, but the 26-year-old says he has no plans to move on.

"Then I came to Chelsea and speculation has been going on for my whole time here and I have still not left.

i also think he will stay - but if chelsea decides to sell i don't believe he will stay

perfect player if we revert to 4-4-2, but hopefully we wont...

We'll see how he feels when Ronny and Diego arrive.  bluerazz.gif

Loser.

To good not to be playing every week and making an impact somewhere.

What a bum.

Loser.

What a bum.

Can't stand these players who are happy making half a dozen starts a season. :rolleyes:

Guest guinness_fiend

Loser.

What a bum.

What a ridiculous thing to say.  He obviously thinks that he is good enough to force his way into the squad, so why should he not stay?

That is like saying that anyone in our reserves should leave and go to a lesser club, for they are more likely to start in the first eleven.

I cannot stand the whole 'would rather be playing for a lesser club than trying, and failing, to get into a better one' argument.  He is an ambitious lad and leaving Chelsea for a team other than Man Utd, Liverpool or Arsenal would be a massive risk.

Footballers cannot win.  If they stay at a club and try and force their way into its starting eleven, they are classed as 'bums' who are clearly doing it for the money.  Speculation-tastic.

Good luck to the lad.  I personally do not think that he will break into the squad, but fair play for continuing to try in spite of the fact that he could end up getting dropped from the England squad if he does not start playing regular football soon.

Guest guinness_fiend

He should take a leaf out of Bentley's book

Completely different situation tbf.  Playing at Blackburn or another club was clearly the only way he was going to play regular football in the short term.  Bentley was an unknown quantity in the Premiership and his gamble paid off.

SWP was already playing regular football for a better-than-average Premiership club and wanted a new challenge.