UEFA Cup Final 2008 won by Zenit St. Petersburg

midds

i don't understand the British odds format, but my money is on Zenith with Pogrebnyak scoring the 1st goal.. the coefficient is huge - 7.4

Pogrebnyak means undertaker in my language btw.. class name for a CF

Don't fancy your chances since he isn't playing.  O0

I fancy Rangers to nick this. Zenit are a quality side but Rangers know how to deal with sides like this and have players that will be desperate for this win.

you sure?

but his name is listed.. how can they do this to me??

edit: fucking hell, he's suspended.. isn't it against the law or somet?

Guy on the radio this morning reckons Zenit are actually a very counter-attacking team, and unless Rangers attack them it may be quite a tight (read boring) game. Apparently they picked Bayern off on a night where everything single thing went right, so maybe they're not as good as everyone is making out.

Guest alex

Is 11/10 odds good then ? Fancy a bet myself

If you can't work that out for yourself you probably shouldn't bother.

I hope you're not a teacher, Alex. ;)

It means you get just over double your money, Chip.

e.g - £10 stake would see you get £11 profit.

I assumed he understood that and wasn't sure if that was good odds. Either way though... ;)

Guest alijmitchell

How many tickets have the fans got?

Rangers have about 13,000 i think, but are taking over 100,000 to Manchester apparently. The city is eeriely quiet up here.

Guest alijmitchell

I can see Rangers sneaking it. Zenit are essentially good on the break, quick and powerful. Rangers wil play 4-5-1 and sit back for the whole game looking for a break, a corner or a freekick, and to be fair to them, they are very good at it. I wouldn't say they've played shit football all the way through, but it isn't like watching Brazil or Barca. Good luck to them I say, punching above their weight.

Guest Toepoke

How many tickets have the fans got?

Rangers have about 13,000 i think, but are taking over 100,000 to Manchester apparently. The city is eeriely quiet up here.

Zenit didn't sell out their allocation they now only have 9,000 Rangers have 17,000.

A total joke how in a 48,000 seater only 26,000 go to the fans. Get to fuck Uefa bunch of cunts.

I'm from a Catholic family who all seem to prefer Celtic (I do as well, most of the time), but I still want Rangers to win.

Their travelling support is a marvel and they seemed far less arsey than the Celtic fans when they came down here for that friendly a few years back.

Guest alex

I'm from a Catholic family who all seem to prefer Celtic (I do as well, most of the time), but I still want Rangers to win.

Their travelling support is a marvel and they seemed far less arsey than the Celtic fans when they came down here for that friendly a few years back.

That's the main reason I dno't like Celtic. I.e. the way their away fans have gone on when I've seen them in the Toon.

That's the main reason I dno't like Celtic. I.e. the way their away fans have gone on when I've seen them in the Toon.

Rangers fans are/have the potential to be just as bad.

Guest alex

But I haven't encountered them acting like total cockends in Newcastle. Plus Celtic fans fucking hate the English, the Union, the idea of Britain etc. with a passion, which I find very sad and tedious.

But I haven't encountered them acting like total cockends in Newcastle. Plus Celtic fans f****** hate the English, the Union, the idea of Britain etc. with a passion, which I find very sad and tedious.

This I agree with, Rangers are most definitely the lesser of two evil's.

At various times though I have encountered Rangers fans who did nothing but slag off our club hence my relative dislike for them.

Rangers fans were alright I thought when they brought 8-9,000 down for that pre-season cup.

Guest alex

But I haven't encountered them acting like total cockends in Newcastle. Plus Celtic fans f****** hate the English, the Union, the idea of Britain etc. with a passion, which I find very sad and tedious.

This I agree with, Rangers are most definitely the lesser of two evil's.

At various times though I have encountered Rangers fans who did nothing but slag off our club hence my reletive dislike for them.

I'm not that arsed mind, in all honesty. Not even that bothered about watching it, although I probably will.