Three Quarters of you wanted Roeder....

Guest Phil K

You're blaming the wrong bloke basically.

If Roeder is shite it won't matter how good the Chairman is. Get it?

Who appointed Roeder?

Don't you know, like? You ask it often enough have you still not found out?

BTW Which part of the second sentence don't you understand?

Dave Jones!!!  bluelaugh.gif

The tiny minisculue of credibilty that HTL once had has vanished up his backside........along with his head.

bluesleep.gif

Who appointed Roeder?

The chairman appoints these "shite" managers, it's his job to do so (edit:  appoint managers).

If he can't do it then he shouldn't have the job because he's a failure of a chairman.

Dave Jones!!!  bluelaugh.gif

The tiny minisculue of credibilty that HTL once had has vanished up his backside........along with his head.

bluesleep.gif

Spotting good managerial talent before they become a big name isn't easy. Less make it than those that do. I think Dave Jones could be a top manager at the right club but you don't and that's fair enough. It's a shame for you that you're so immature that you make yourself look an idiot saying so, but not surprising, like.  :roll:

Who appointed Roeder?

The chairman appoints these "shite" managers, it's his job to do so (edit:  appoint managers).

If he can't do it then he shouldn't have the job because he's a failure of a chairman.

What happens on the football field is down to the manager. I'm almost breaking my sides that someone who is supposed to be the age you are fails to understand that.

Is it your opinion that the departure tomorrow of Fred would kick start the team and we'd begin to look like a top 6 side?

What happens on the football field is down to the manager. I'm almost breaking my sides that someone who is supposed to be the age you are fails to understand that.

Is it your opinion that the departure tomorrow of Fred would kick start the team and we'd begin to look like a top 6 side?

No it's not my opinion that Shepherd going tomorrow would kick start the season, it's my opinion that he is responsible for holding us back as a club, it's my opinion that his publicity has made him a major turn-off to managerial candidates, that's why we've ended up with Souness and Roeder.

Look at the way others perceive him, look at the way he's derided in the press, he's brought it on himself by using his mouth before his brain.

...while some of us (like me for instance) thought it an act of utter lunacy.

Happy with your daft self-destructive choice, boys ? :roll:

Dont include me in that gang of hoodlums..

*Edit* The gang of hoodlums that wanted Roeder by the way *nudge nudge*

Jones has done a good job at the level he's now at, not a bad manager for that level, but he'd die on his arse here. Struggled at Southampton IIRC and couldn't keep Wolves up, they were shocking that year even for a newly promoted side.

Anyone rate Aidy Boothroyd? I think he'll make a good manager one day.

My memory was that he was doing a pretty decent job at Southampton before the unfortunate disruption to his career...?

No it's not my opinion that Shepherd going tomorrow would kick start the season, it's my opinion that he is responsible for holding us back as a club, it's my opinion that his publicity has made him a major turn-off to managerial candidates, that's why we've ended up with Souness and Roeder.

Look at the way others perceive him, look at the way he's derided in the press, he's brought it on himself by using his mouth before his brain.

Getting rid of him does nothing about the immediate plight, but don't let that worry you too much, eh.

Getting rid of him does nothing about the immediate plight, but don't let that worry you too much, eh.

bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

So your defence is now that we should keep him because getting rid will not change our immediate plight, your at the bottom of the barrel with reasons now.

Guest The Fox

There is a reasonable chance that a takeover would result in a decent Manager being appointed, its always a risk we know that but we are going, and will continue to go, no where fast with the current set up.

Of course there are some on here who will defend Shepherd to the ends, these are the ones who disappear when there is another defeat. He has made money available admittedly, more often than not it has not been used wisely by his appointed men. 

The most damaging fact is Shepherd has appointed 4 unsuccessful Managers out of 5. You cant get away from that, the last two in particular being laughable. No amount of sarcasm or talking down to people can change that. :winking: :winking: :winking: :winking:

Who appointed Roeder?

It seems to be you that has problems understanding.

Shepherd is the root cause.

Bad chairmen make bad decisions in appointing managers.

It doesnt get much worse than Souness (on a ridiculously long and expensive contract remember - for an unpopular choice - too ridiculous for words) and Roeder (two relegations out of two attempts already. Heading for a hat trick unless something is done to stop him. I couldn't believe the stupidity of many on here applauding his appointment)

Good chairmen are proved RIGHT.

How many times has this fat idiot been proved wrong - EXPENSIVELY wrong ????? DISASTROUSLY wrong ??????

this forum is full of twats making idiotic knee-jerk threads

Knee jerk ?

Or seeing the deteriorating mess that Roeder has created whilst some (ie - you for example) are too damn stupid to see the obvious ?

Roeder made a comical and ameuterish mess of the transfer situation in August. A Div 2 manager wouldn't have cocked up in the same manner.

His sides show no sign of getting it together or even slight improvement.

Its actually worse than with Souness.

I didnt think he'd make this bad a mess.

And I thought it was madness to appoint him, and said so. (Check back - I did)

The situation is deteriorating alarmingly.

All down to Roeder's inability and Shepherd's inability to attract anything other than failures to the club. Which Souness and Roeder are - in spades.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Who appointed Roeder?

It seems to be you that has problems understanding.

Shepherd is the root cause.

Bad chairmen make bad decisions in appointing managers.

It doesnt get much worse than Souness (on a ridiculously long and expensive contract remember - for an unpopular choice - too ridiculous for words) and Roeder (two relegations out of two attempts already. Heading for a hat trick unless something is done to stop him. I couldn't believe the stupidity of many on here applauding his appointment)

Good chairmen are proved RIGHT.

How many times has this fat idiot been proved wrong - EXPENSIVELY wrong ????? DISASTROUSLY wrong ??????

2 blokes who never back up their arguments arguing

this could be good

bluelaugh.gif

this could be good

bluelaugh.gif

Coming from Roeders biggest fan - thats a laugh.

How many games we lost this season, then ?

Isn't THAT backing up an argument ?

Wheres your proof of Roeder's ability then ?

TWO RELEGATIONS OF HIS PREVIOUS TWO TEAMS ?

Or is that by the by ? :roll:

Guest Groundhog

this could be good

bluelaugh.gif

Back that up....!!! :lol:

Guest Invicta_Toon

this could be good

bluelaugh.gif

Back that up....!!! :lol:

Special K would if he could but he can't

bluelaugh.gif

Guest The Fox

The people who have difficulty backing up their argument are those who are in favour of Roeder and Shepherd IMO.

I mean what have you got to back them up. Roeder's track record in Management and Shepherd's on appointing Managers.

Neither what you would call successful.

I'm not for change for the sake of it but I see nothing inspiring or to get excited about on or off the pitch with regards to Newcastle United.

The problem we have is with all the talk of takeovers, who is going to come in with this uncertainty hanging over them.

The best case for the club would be for Sir John to offload his shares and Shepherd to make his mind up whether he wants to be in control or not. Neither Hall or Shepherd are doing the club any favours at the moment.