The Andrei Arshavin thread

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Link doesn't work, but we have to trust those Russian speaking posters who say that no reliable media sources over there are talking about it.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Link doesn't work, but we have to trust those Russian speaking posters who say that no reliable media sources over there are talking about it.

It does you have to copy and paste the whole thing

Randomly, the Lancashire Evening Post is reporting it. And a couple of other little sites. Here's hoping.

Newcastle chasing £11m Russian playmaker

United have moved in to sign Russian star Andrei Arshavin after his club Zenit St Petersburg gave him the green light to head for the riches of the Premier League

Arshavin, 27, is at Euro 2008 but is suspended for the country's first two group games.

Dennis Wise, Newcastle's director of football, who has already held talks with Arshavin's agent over a £11m transfer once Euro 2008 is over.

Arshavin has also been linked with moves to Manchester City and Everton.

Randomly, the Lancashire Evening Post is reporting it. And a couple of other little sites. Here's hoping.

Newcastle chasing £11m Russian playmaker

United have moved in to sign Russian star Andrei Arshavin after his club Zenit St Petersburg gave him the green light to head for the riches of the Premier League

Arshavin, 27, is at Euro 2008 but is suspended for the country's first two group games.

Dennis Wise, Newcastle's director of football, who has already held talks with Arshavin's agent over a £11m transfer once Euro 2008 is over.

Arshavin has also been linked with moves to Manchester City and Everton.

This would be a very big signing for us, definitely a player who could be part transforming us. Fingers crossed.

Given the pattern for post-match news so far this tournament (Scolari ;) ) 10:30pm tonight may be a critical moment.

:jesuswept:

Surely

(Scolari ;) )
should have given it away that I wasn't being at all serious...

I think Sinatra will put Man City in a position where even if they were to go tits up they would be very attractive to a potential invester. I see them overtaking Liverpool in the next 2 seasons as Sinatra has given Hughes money to burn ala Abramovich.

The man is dodgy as one of Boyceys car but believe me he will give Hughes everything he wants and they already have a few potential superstars in Hart, Richards, Elano, Johnson, Petrov.

I think they will finish 5th this season and 3rd/4th next.

By the way i am all for steady progress but if he (Ashley) dosnt invest heavily this season, next seasons recruitment will be virtually impossible

He doesn't have the money to blow himself though, hows he going to spend Chelsea level money but still make the club attractive to investors if it goes tits up?

Surgical enhancement down below with the money hes got will not be a problem  >:D

To be fair to the lad earlier, it is all over various Russian sports sites, but it is just a rehash of the Daily mirror article, but from the angle that we've reached an agreement with Zenit to talk to his representatives.

Except it isn't.

I've checked on Yandex (main Russian news agency) and there's nowt on there. My mate in St Petersburg knows nothing about it either.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think Sinatra will put Man City in a position where even if they were to go tits up they would be very attractive to a potential invester. I see them overtaking Liverpool in the next 2 seasons as Sinatra has given Hughes money to burn ala Abramovich.

The man is dodgy as one of Boyceys car but believe me he will give Hughes everything he wants and they already have a few potential superstars in Hart, Richards, Elano, Johnson, Petrov.

I think they will finish 5th this season and 3rd/4th next.

By the way i am all for steady progress but if he (Ashley) dosnt invest heavily this season, next seasons recruitment will be virtually impossible

He doesn't have the money to blow himself though, hows he going to spend Chelsea level money but still make the club attractive to investors if it goes tits up?

Surgical enhancement down below with the money hes got will not be a problem  >:D

:clap:

14/06/2008 09:04

Newcastle Power-Play For Arshavin

The race to sign Zenit St Petersburg star Andrei Arshavin is heating up as Newcastle have reacted to reports that Manchester City are circling in on the player by intensifying their own efforts.

* »Comments (2)

* Print This Story

* Send To A Friend

* Contact Us

galleria zoom

Newcastle's director of football Dennis Wise has reportedly met with Arshavin's agent to sell him on the prospect of his star client signing for the Geordies once Euro 2008 has run its course.

Newcastle have been credited as being long-term admirers of the 26-year-old, and Arshavin has previously claimed that he would be open to a move to St. James' Park.

"Of course I would like to play in England," he told the Daily Mirror last December..

"In Russia as well as England they are talking about Newcastle being interested in me and there has been no concrete offer.

"In principle if they made an offer I would be interested."

Zenit boss Dick Advocaat has already admitted the club are likely to lose their crown jewel, and the latest statement from his club suggests that judgment day may even be less than a week away.

“If Arshavin doesn’t leave by June 20 he’ll stay in the team,” confirmed club official Konstantin Sarsania.

The Russia star was vital to Zenit’s European success, earning strong interest from several clubs, including Everton, Roma and Schalke reportedly.

Arshavin has yet to make an impact on Euro 2008, as he is suspended for Russia's first two games.  He could prove pivotal for them in their final group game against Sweden, however.

Derek Wanner, Goal.com

Guest sicko2ndbest

The race to sign Zenit St Petersburg star Andrei Arshavin is heating up as Newcastle have reacted to reports that Manchester City are circling in on the player by intensifying their own efforts.

* »Comments (2)

* Print This Story

* Send To A Friend

* Contact Us

galleria zoom

Newcastle's director of football Dennis Wise has reportedly met with Arshavin's agent to sell him on the prospect of his star client signing for the Geordies once Euro 2008 has run its course.

Newcastle have been credited as being long-term admirers of the 26-year-old, and Arshavin has previously claimed that he would be open to a move to St. James' Park.

"Of course I would like to play in England," he told the Daily Mirror last December..

"In Russia as well as England they are talking about Newcastle being interested in me and there has been no concrete offer.

Zenit boss Dick Advocaat has already admitted the club are likely to lose their crown jewel, and the latest statement from his club suggests that judgment day may even be less than a week away.

If Arshavin doesnt leave by June 20 hell stay in the team, confirmed club official Konstantin Sarsania.

The Russia star was vital to Zenits European success, earning strong interest from several clubs, including Everton, Roma and Schalke reportedly.

Arshavin has yet to make an impact on Euro 2008, as he is suspended for Russia's first two games.  He could prove pivotal for them in their final group game against Sweden, however.

Derek Wanner, Goal.com

f####n hell lads you heard this

* »Comments (2)

* Print This Story

* Send To A Friend

* Contact Us

galleria zoom

If Arshavin doesnt leave by June 20 hell stay in the team, confirmed club official Konstantin Sarsania.

The Russia star was vital to Zenits European success, earning strong interest from several clubs, including Everton, Roma and Schalke reportedly.

Derek Wanner, Goal.com

Fingers crossed

* »Comments (2)

* Print This Story

* Send To A Friend

* Contact Us

galleria zoom

Derek Wanner, Goal.com

Fingers crossed

:lol:

* »Comments (2)

* Print This Story

* Send To A Friend

* Contact Us

galleria zoom

“If Arshavin doesn’t leave by June 20 he’ll stay in the team,” confirmed club official Konstantin Sarsania.

The Russia star was vital to Zenit’s European success, earning strong interest from several clubs, including Everton, Roma and Schalke reportedly.

Derek Wanger, Goal.com

The quotes from Arshavin are old quotes and go back to when we were linked with him under Allardyce.

His stock has risen a lot since then, and he'll end up somewhere better than here I'm afraid.

* »Comments (2)

* Print This Story

* Send To A Friend

* Contact Us

galleria zoom

Derek Wanger, Goal.com

The quotes from Arshavin are old quotes and go back to when we were linked with him under Allardyce.

His stock has risen a lot since then, and he'll end up somewhere better than here I'm afraid.

Yes, there are other reports saying we've had an offer accepted.

Quite an interesting character off the pitch n all young Arse-shaving n all.

Arshavin has a degree in fashion design, which included a thesis on “The development of sportswear manufacturing”.

Arshavin capitalised on his popularity as Russian football’s golden boy to gain election to the St Petersburg legislative assembly in 2006, campaigning on Vladimir Putin’s United Russia ticket.

http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/883/29/

Would love it if we got him in like but I can't see him moving to someone who is not in Europe.