Arda Turan?

Guest hindu times

Guest MaetihS

Yes i admit my more than warranted negativity. I cannot help but ponder that during the Champ League days, we should spend big on more established stars aka Chelsea way. We were also considered a big club in the sense that we spend big on Luque, Boumsong and Paddy K even though they are turn out to be crap signings but at least our intent and ability to spend make us an attractive "big club". It is a vicious cycle as just like Chelsea, sign big players and pay loads, performance improve, and in tandem, send out the intent and directions to would be signing rising stars or more established ones. If i am right, KK wants to sign more established and bigger players, but found out that we are not willing to spend big amid our dwindling reputation has put us in a very tricky position to sign quality players. Yes we may become the next Leeds but we can also be the next Chelsea. Realistically speaking, i am even more upset that even if we want to spend big and buy better players, it looks extremely tricky to do so due to our league performances in recent seasons among other reasons like mounting debts. Recent signings rejecting us like Woodgate put me down further. That is why i feel so negatively these days.

Yes i admit my more than warranted negativity. I cannot help but ponder that during the Champ League days, we should spend big on more established stars aka Chelsea way. We were also considered a big club in the sense that we spend big on Luque, Boumsong and Paddy K even though they are turn out to be crap signings but at least our intent and ability to spend make us an attractive "big club". It is a vicious cycle as just like Chelsea, sign big players and pay loads, performance improve, and in tandem, send out the intent and directions to would be signing rising stars or more established ones. If i am right, KK wants to sign more established and bigger players, but found out that we are not willing to spend big amid our dwindling reputation has put us in a very tricky position to sign quality players. Yes we may become the next Leeds but we can also be the next Chelsea. Realistically speaking, i am even more upset that even if we want to spend big and buy better players, it looks extremely tricky to do so due to our league performances in recent seasons among other reasons like mounting debts. Recent signings rejecting us like Woodgate put me down further. That is why i feel so negatively these days.

Who gives a fuck, shut up.

Who gives a f***, shut up.

:thup:  :thup:  :thup:  :thup:  :thup:!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest MaetihS

Who gives a f***, shut up.

OK  :laugh2:

Guest johny2k

i rarely post on here and mainly observe, but you're such a bell end i have to.

you are the most negative person i have ever heard, you might turn out be right on turan (although the opportunity to play with emre might be atractive), but its absolutely ridiculous to suggest we can't sign 'rising' stars. if you said we won't sign players that are the finished article and world class i'd agree, but to say we can't sign a promising youngster is stupid. fair enough we know nothing of our new scouting teams track record, but the transfer window isn't even open yet, if Wise et al don't produce they'll come under pressure, much like commolli is now at spurs (i was tryin my best now to mention them) and struggle to hold onto their jobs, epecially if in the future the club will be running more as a business.

wot next newcastle will be in freefall because we never signed vokes, fuckin hell. if we miss out on this one, then there'll be others, the odd players that shine in euro's, etc. if we had missed out on cristiano ronaldo fair enough, because there's not many better, but up until a few days ago i'd have never mentioned this guy as a dream signing, sounds good but the jury's out, much like modric to a less extent!!

Just back KK, its not even June yet, if we're on the last week in August yeh ill be worrying

Rant over

We have beaten the likes of Everton to a number of signings. Scott Parker and Emre standing out in my mind. We can compete with anyone outside the top 4 including the likes of Tottenham, Duff chose us over Spurs for example.

While this is true, it completely ignores the fact that we probably offered more money to get them here in the first place, which doesn't seem to be on the agenda anymore.

I think, amidst all the unmitigated s**** in here, that's a key issue that people are on about.

I think apart from the money, at the time you beat us to Emre & Parker sure we'd finished 4th but it was a  real bolt from the blue. Nobody had anticipated it and Newcastle would be seen as a safer bet for a player.

It's fair to say that the tables have turned on that score now.

Anyway,  still unsure about all this Turan bid business. Turkish media is hardly a brilliant source and none of our papers have picked it up yet.

Guest Redknapp

On an unrelated note, how cool would it be if they changed their name to Battlestar Galatasaray?

mackems.gif

No need for the insults folks, let's keep it friendly.

TBF, I think you can excuse him here.

Not really, no.

Oh go on, not even a little tiny piece of sympathy ?

22 pages and still no news apart from galatasaray chairman saying he would sell the player for a reasonable offer speaking about the rumours in the english press and saying that they didnt recieve a offer, gala has some big financal problems. arda said he would like to play in a european league, arda's agent is the same agent as emre and heis quoted to have said there has been no interest from newcastle but one english team is interested aswell as a few italian teams in turkish papers. gala seems to want to price him out of the market or want a high fee around the £10 million mark so they are waiting for the euro's. apart from this i dont think anything happen yet.

Guest AceDeuce

there's really no chance to sign him before the euro.

gala wants as much money as they can get, cuz they need to sign some good players this window.

but i am sure, emre is the key.

2-3 years ago i opened a thread here about arda.

emre gave an interview and he said he told arda about PL and NUFC, and that he needs to play in the PL if he wants to grow as a player.

arda wants to play in the PL and he wants it now,

Newcastle will be ardas first choice if emre stays, simple as that.

emre in the same city, tuncay not far away, this will be like home  ;D

if he has no mate in his team anyway, he could easily choose London.

Galatasaray’ın ve A Milli Takım’ın genç yıldızı Arda Turan, İngiliz kulüplerini peşinden koşturuyor. Sarı kırmızılı takımın şampiyonluğunda büyük payı olan Arda, Newcastle United’ın ardından bir diğer Premier Lig takımı olan Everton’ın da yakın markajında… İngiliz basınının, “Newcastle, Arda için 11 milyon sterlini gözden çıkardı” haberlerinin ardından, Galatasaray Kulübü Başkanı Adnan Polat, “Şartlar uygun olur, Arda da gitmek isterse transferine izin veririz. Biz köle ticareti yapmıyoruz” açıklaması yapmıştı.

translation?

Doesn't sound like anything new tbh.

Guest geordienorway

Arda'ya Ada'dan bir teklif daha

Ada basını, Tottenham Hotspur'un milli oyuncuyu transfer edebilmek için 13 milyon pound'u gözden çıkardığını yazdı

Arda yarışı

Ada basını, Tottenham Hotspur'un milli oyuncuyu transfer edebilmek için 13 milyon pound'u gözden çıkardığını yazdı.

Bu sezon Galatasaray'ın şampiyonluğunda büyük rol oynayan Arda Turan, İngiliz kulüplerinin vazgeçilmezleri arasına girdi. Newcastle ve Middlesbrough'dan sonra Tottenham Hotspur'un da devrede olduğu iddia edildi. İngiltere'nin önde gelen gazetelerinden Guardian, Arda Turan için Tottenham Hotspur'un çok istekliği olduğunu

yazdı. Geniş yer ayrılan haberde Tottenham'ın başkan Adnan Polat'ın istediği 13 milyon pound'u vermeye razı olduğu ifade edildi.

Guest sondre

Galatasaray’ın ve A Milli Takım’ın genç yıldızı Arda Turan, İngiliz kulüplerini peşinden koşturuyor. Sarı kırmızılı takımın şampiyonluğunda büyük payı olan Arda, Newcastle United’ın ardından bir diğer Premier Lig takımı olan Everton’ın da yakın markajında… İngiliz basınının, “Newcastle, Arda için 11 milyon sterlini gözden çıkardı” haberlerinin ardından, Galatasaray Kulübü Başkanı Adnan Polat, “Şartlar uygun olur, Arda da gitmek isterse transferine izin veririz. Biz köle ticareti yapmıyoruz” açıklaması yapmıştı.

translation?

you speak turkish?

translation?

you speak turkish?

Don't have to, guarantee it's saying our supposed £11 mill bid is too low and Gala are throwing in Everton to draw in more money from us.

We have beaten the likes of Everton to a number of signings. Scott Parker and Emre standing out in my mind. We can compete with anyone outside the top 4 including the likes of Tottenham, Duff chose us over Spurs for example.

While this is true, it completely ignores the fact that we probably offered more money to get them here in the first place, which doesn't seem to be on the agenda anymore.

I think, amidst all the unmitigated s**** in here, that's a key issue that people are on about.

I think apart from the money, at the time you beat us to Emre & Parker sure we'd finished 4th but it was a  real bolt from the blue. Nobody had anticipated it and Newcastle would be seen as a safer bet for a player.

It's fair to say that the tables have turned on that score now.

Anyway,  still unsure about all this Turan bid business. Turkish media is hardly a brilliant source and none of our papers have picked it up yet.

the thing is, it was a complete suprise when we signed enrique. it was just on the website and we were like wow ok!