Arda Turan?

Guest hindu times

Guest Knightrider

Baggio, please tell us you're on the windup man. You can't be serious with all this shite :lol:

I sussed you pages ago tbh.

Wow interesting stuff Baggio. I just read an article in tomorrow's Times that appears to back up some of what you are saying regarding our targets. Quite worrying to be honest!

Newcastle United

Budget About £20 million, and whatever they can generate from sales.

Areas of need Aside from a new contract for Michael Owen, Kevin Keegan wants two or three players who can set the place alight. A left back, a centre half, guile in midfield and possibly another forward. Directors want youngsters with a sell-on value.

Targets They have two lists, remember. On Keegans, experience dominates: the likes of Richard Dunne, John Arne Riise and Peter Crouch. On Dennis Wises: Bafetimbi Gomis, Amara Diané and many others.

Surplus to requirements Stephen Carr, James Troisi and Peter Ramage have already been released. Most supporters would shed few tears if Alan Smith was sold after a miserable debut season. Shola Ameobi will leave, while Caçapa, Charles NZogbia and Gérémi are vulnerable.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article4004117.ece

I am getting quite concerned to be honest and there might be some truth to what Baggio is saying. Keegan has been going on about prem experience from day one, and the club clearly want to go for talented youngsters.

Looking at some of the names on Keegan's supposed list above is somewhat depressing as it is the same old regurgitated prem players and it does make you want something a bit fresher and more exciting with more potential. Not sure I am happy with Keegans outlook regarding this whole situation.

That's where Baggio is getting his story from man :lol:

Only just popped up as it is in tomorrow's paper. Hope your right though HTT as I am well and truly sick of all this shite.

Forget top 6 and all that bollocks. Right now I would settle for harmony at the club and everyone pulling in the same direction and a good positive season with healthy progress.

Oh common, our budget is £20 million but we're willing to bid £18 million for one player.... yet the directors want a list of young players.  It doesn't take much logical thinking to dispel the s*** from the papers people, think a bit more.

For the millionth time the Modric deal was going to be paid as £6.5 million over three years.

It's likely that most of our deals will be done this way from now on.

From now on?, loads of deals have been done like that.  It makes no difference though, once you agree to a deal for £18 million you've paid that £18 million no matter how much is paid up front..  That total amount comes out of the transfer kitty.  Or are you seriously trying to tell me that when they say we have £20 million to spend they only mean based on initial payments?  If that was the case, and it isn't because its insane, then our transfer kitty could absolutely anything from £20 up to £100 or more..

There's nothing with any credibility to suggest their isn't harmony. We're naturally pessimistic, aye. Tbh, i wish i could shove my head in the sand and see what's happened by mid-August.

Baggio, please tell us you're on the windup man. You can't be serious with all this shite :lol:

If I was on the wind up I'd have said so ages ago.

Baggio, please tell us you're on the windup man. You can't be serious with all this s**** :lol:

So was none of this sorted out during the meeting in London then? Did they not agree on some sort of happy medium? A few experienced players to keep Keegan happy?

Oh common, our budget is £20 million but we're willing to bid £18 million for one player.... yet the directors want a list of young players.  It doesn't take much logical thinking to dispel the s*** from the papers people, think a bit more.

For the millionth time the Modric deal was going to be paid as £6.5 million over three years.

"For the millllionth time!!!!"

:lol:  Aye, that really had been drilled into me from day one like.

You're about as dramatic as Lady Macbeth, Kaka.

Baggio, please tell us you're on the windup man. You can't be serious with all this s**** :lol:

So was none of this sorted out during the meeting in London then? Did they not agree on some sort of happy medium? A few experienced players to keep Keegan happy?

I don't know mate, what I've been told is what I've said.

He's also mad if he thinks that a club sets a transfer kitty based on only the money that leaves the clubs account in that period of time.  If you have a transfer budget of £20 and you buy a player in a £18 million deal paying £6.5 million a year you still only have £2 million left in that budget.

For the record, i don't think Baggio is bullshitting us. I think the person that told Baggio, is the one bullshitting. The only way i'd remotely believe this crap would be if the person is Keegan.

For the record, i don't think Baggio is bullshitting us. I think the person that told Baggio, is the one bullshitting. The only way i'd remotely believe this crap would be if the person is Keegan.

Baggio strikes me as somone who's naturally cynical though and would do more than blindly beleive anything just like that. Maybe im giving him too much credit - thats why i wanna know more.

People don't believe it because there's no evidence what so ever to back it up.  Being a negative story isn't a good enough reason to believe something, as much as that might fly in the face of some people's logic on here.

I mean, we're supposed to believe that Keegan agreed to be manager knowing the apparent direction the club was taking.  He'd been told that Wise, Vetere ect were coming in, that they would all have to agree on transfers and that they would not spend big money on older players.  So he agree's but thinks "Nah don't worry, as soon as I'm manager I'll just convince them to go back on it all, plus I'll convince Thiery Henry to sign for us, along with four or five others players and all for £20 million "..  FFS this is what passes for believably on this forum?  ???

;D