Milner on his way?

stozo

Stats don't lie.

Yup. Like our best run last season happened when Milner was out of the team.

Bit harsh, think it was more the coinciding of Smith not being in the team...

Think he's worth a go there, more than anything because i can't really see a great deal of attacking midfield options on our current budget. Be interesting to see if Keegan pulls someone out the bag though...

tried ruining this thread just before but my PC crashed when i tried to post, anyway the shortened version is:

18m "bid" for luca modric to start the summer, 2 months later we're comverting James Milner to a CM

talk about lowering expectations  ???

Guest Jawesome

So, does every thread on here now just end in a row between 2 people from the old board / new board camps?!

Pretty much.

:undecided:

Guest Flair

So, does every thread on here now just end in a row between 2 people from the old board / new board camps?!

Sounds about right but atm I am much in favour of the old board tbh.

i'm not in either camp as it happens - i will be in MA's camp when he shows something as the owner of this club

as for the old board did some good stuff and some bad, i have total and utter distaste for FS the man though

anyways fuck it, apparently not allowed to offer any opinion on here without being labelled - i formulate opinions based on events and circumstances as they happen rather than have a preconceived idea of what i'm gonna think

in this instance i said what i thought; we've gone from modric to milner haven't we?  or modric to guthrie?  point stands until the owner spends some money, then it won't stand and i'll shut the fuck up

tried ruining this thread just before but my PC crashed when i tried to post

Certainly wasn't having a dig at you, was just cruising through a few of the threads and everything seemed to be going down the same path. Looking at the above line, I think you actually agree with me. But fair play, totally understand it's your view and it's a message forum designed for people voicing opinion...You add a lot more value than me as i say a collective amount of fuck all 90% of the time - would rather be reading your views than none at all, just be nice to have a topic without some of the backbiting. We do all want the same thing after all!

When are people going to learn that the fee paid for a player has little connection to the player's actual ability?

You'd make a terrible Arsenal fan Mr. Mojo.

As far as we know, Keegan may feel that with Guthrie, he has uncovered a player who can become a star midfielder in the Premier League.

i'm not in either camp as it happens - i will be in MA's camp when he shows something as the owner of this club

as for the old board did some good stuff and some bad, i have total and utter distaste for FS the man though

anyways fuck it, apparently not allowed to offer any opinion on here without being labelled - i formulate opinions based on events and circumstances as they happen rather than have a preconceived idea of what i'm gonna think

in this instance i said what i thought; we've gone from modric to milner haven't we?  or modric to guthrie?  point stands until the owner spends some money, then it won't stand and i'll shut the fuck up

Save it for one of the many 30 page threads on the board so people can avoid it if they want to.

Save it for one of the many 30 page threads on the board so people can avoid it if they want to.

oh jesus man i did jokingly talk about ruining the thread in my post, and i never fucking mentioned the old board did i?  until someone else did anyways

if we start the new season with milner or guthrie in our first team and people accept that (from the viewpoint of the modric bid) then it's a lowering of expectations isn't?  that can be answered without discussing the old board you know?

the anti-NE5 crowd are just as bad as he is at turning an argument imo

When are people going to learn that the fee paid for a player has little connection to the player's actual ability?

As far as we know, Keegan may feel that with Guthrie, he has uncovered a player who can become a star midfielder in the Premier League.

oh hold on you're back are you?  am i moving goalposts again?

oh jesus man i did jokingly talk about ruining the thread in my post, and i never fucking mentioned the old board did i?  until someone else did anyways

if we start the new season with milner or guthrie in our first team and people accept that (from the viewpoint of the modric bid) then it's a lowering of expectations isn't?  that can be answered without discussing the old board you know?

the anti-NE5 crowd are just as bad as he is at turning an argument imo

Have another go in English.

Yes, considering you spent the whole of last summer complaining about the club signing older players rather than investing in youth ala Sir Bobby.

tried ruining this thread just before but my PC crashed when i tried to post

Certainly wasn't having a dig at you, was just cruising through a few of the threads and everything seemed to be going down the same path. Looking at the above line, I think you actually agree with me. But fair play, totally understand it's your view and it's a message forum designed for people voicing opinion...You add a lot more value than me as i say a collective amount of fuck all 90% of the time - would rather be reading your views than none at all, just be nice to have a topic without some of the backbiting. We do all want the same thing after all!

cheers man, no sweat

look at the posts in and around yours and you'll see why i reacted like i did - it's a football discussion forum but half the people can't read posts properly and the other half kick off if you offer an opinion on anything

perhaps i should just float along in a vacuum while mike ashley pockets ST money & 2 years worth of TV money (at the highest its ever been) without investing it in the squad

but i'm not going to

Yes, considering you spent the whole of last summer complaining about the club signing older players rather than investing in youth ala Sir Bobby.

mackems.gif

Guest want_nufc_to_be_big_club

The owner of NUFC havent shown any real ambition as far as turning this club into a top 4 club.

the other half kick off if you offer an opinion on anything

A forum is about opinions, you are perfectly entitled to offer your opinions, and I'm perfectly entitled to disagree with anything anyone says.

I am not on NE5's side, your side, Baggio's side, Dave's side anyones side. I am on the side of my own beliefs.

eh?  you're brilliant, i could talk to you all day man

i think guthrie might turn out to be an excellent buy, and who knows milner might make a good CM and spiderman a great winger for the club

doesn't change the fact that expectations will have changed does it?  are you telling me that after we were bought out by a billionaire and he had a year to settle in then throw the modric bid in you expected we might be facing the proposition of milner as a CM?  factor in increased TV money to that as well

firmly believe in youth as i did last year too when i was "whinging" - spurs seem to as well but they don't seem to mind paying for it do they?

the other half kick off if you offer an opinion on anything

A forum is about opinions, you are perfectly entitled to offer your opinions, and I'm perfectly entitled to disagree with anything anyone says.

I am not on NE5's side, your side, Baggio's side, Dave's side anyones side. I am on the side of my own beliefs.

which are?  all i ever really see from you are snipes

Guest want_nufc_to_be_big_club

The owner of NUFC havent shown any real ambition as far as turning this club into a top 4 club.

Agreed, Ashley out etc.

I havent said Ashley out...

I only pointed the facts.