Milner on his way?

stozo

I'd assumed we were peddling them anyway, be gutted if they stay. :lol:

I dunno, ideally I'd sell all three along with Emre I suppose and bring in a DM, a quality creative midfielder type, a big center-forward type and another attack minded midfielder. As I've said before I don't think our squad depth is all that horrendous at all, we just lack quality.

Guest michaelfoster

Im in two minds about Milner, he can dribble and pass but he cant cross to save his life, his corners & set peices are abysmal aswell, he also doesnt seem fast enough for a winger IMO.

If we got rid of Duff, Emre and Milner we would be left with Butt, Barton, Geremi, New DM, creative mid and attacking minded mid (and it wont be easy signing all 3 imo). Thats all well and good if we stick to 4-3-3 but could leave us pretty fucked if we need to/decide to change that formation. Also if we are sticking to a 4-3-3 then logic says we really need 6 strikers, I suppose Carroll would be ok as last choice but we would still sign another 2.

I don't think we can afford to lose anyone who is a decent player in this squad unless its for big money.

Gejon, you say he's better than Geremi, and it's true he can get up and down the pitch much better. But with the ball at his feet Geremi still hurts the opposition more than Miner for me. He's quicker and more incisive when releasing the ball.

If we got rid of Duff, Emre and Milner we would be left with Butt, Barton, Geremi, New DM, creative mid and attacking minded mid (and it wont be easy signing all 3 imo). Thats all well and good if we stick to 4-3-3 but could leave us pretty f***** if we need to/decide to change that formation. Also if we are sticking to a 4-3-3 then logic says we really need 6 strikers, I suppose Carroll would be ok as last choice but we would still sign another 2.

I don't think we can afford to lose anyone who is a decent player in this squad unless its for big money.

You forgot N'Zogbia. (If N'Zogbia leaves, keep Milner. Fair enough.)

I don't know, I wasn't sure whether another attacking midfielder or a striker was the best way to go. I suppose someone who plays very advanced and has a bit of pace about him would be for the best, in case of injury to Martins.

Butt

New DM

N'Zogbia

Barton

Geremi

Quality Creative Midfielder

Owen

Martins

Viduka

New Target Man Type CF

Pacey Striker

Carroll

See,

Milner = Victory~!

blah blah Milner licks balls

I remember after the Chelsea 0-0 when Roeder was in charge you thought he was the business.  :razz:

That'll probably be his best ever game in a black and white shirt (if he does leave, it wont be to Juve), a one off excellent game. He'll not be the first to have that, plenty on here raved about Parker after his first game against Arsenal, Smith likewise when he bullied Toure.

Added to which, ive never been a fan of him down the right, and when he switched to the left flank, at first I thought he had turned the corner and cut out all the nonsense - going from a predictable, repetitive robot down the right, to someone who was both cutting inside and going down the flank, passing and moving more often, getting into dangerous positions, etc. After a few other initial games down the left, however, he's been mediocre, back to his old self of shimmying in and out whilst everyone else waits in the penalty box with hands on hips in the box before he floats it out of play, on top of having little footballing contribution with regards to anything else. I mean, how many assists without crossing does the guy get? How many through balls has he pulled off since being here? He's a very one dimensional footballer.

As stated, I think he'll be good player for a no-hope mid table team that needs an individual to add a bit of that something extra to an otherwise workmanlike team. He was commonly referred to as one of our "best" players last season and early on in the current campaign, but that was purely down to the team as a whole being utterly s***, and like Parker, Milner managed to shine somewhat because hes able to play his own game irrespective of what others around him are doing, i.e. pick the ball up on the flank, shimmy in and out, in again to create a bit of space on the fullback, then float an aimless cross into the box - repeat ad finitum and you'll get the occassional good cross whipped into the right area, but even so, thats all he needed to do to be "one of the best" since everyone else was doing fuck all due to crap tactics/players/etc.

blah blah Milner licks balls

I remember after the Chelsea 0-0 when Roeder was in charge you thought he was the business.  :razz:

That'll probably be his best ever game in a black and white shirt (if he does leave, it wont be to Juve), a one off excellent game. He'll not be the first to have that, plenty on here raved about Parker after his first game against Arsenal, Smith likewise when he bullied Toure.

Added to which, ive never been a fan of him down the right, and when he switched to the left flank, at first I thought he had turned the corner and cut out all the nonsense - going from a predictable, repetitive robot down the right, to someone who was both cutting inside and going down the flank, passing and moving more often, getting into dangerous positions, etc. After a few other initial games down the left, however, he's been mediocre, back to his old self of shimmying in and out whilst everyone else waits in the penalty box with hands on hips in the box before he floats it out of play, on top of having little footballing contribution with regards to anything else. I mean, how many assists without crossing does the guy get? How many through balls has he pulled off since being here? He's a very one dimensional footballer.

As stated, I think he'll be good player for a no-hope mid table team that needs an individual to add a bit of that something extra to an otherwise workmanlike team. He was commonly referred to as one of our "best" players last season and early on in the current campaign, but that was purely down to the team as a whole being utterly s***, and like Parker, Milner managed to shine somewhat because hes able to play his own game irrespective of what others around him are doing, i.e. pick the ball up on the flank, shimmy in and out, in again to create a bit of space on the fullback, then float an aimless cross into the box - repeat ad finitum and you'll get the occassional good cross whipped into the right area, but even so, thats all he needed to do to be "one of the best" since everyone else was doing fuck all due to crap tactics/players/etc.

Pretty much the gist of it.

He isn't quicker and apart from a few nice freekicks into the box I don't think he is better with the ball. His corners are fucking shocking aswell.

Do we know how many assists each have got this season?

I'm with GeJon on this one. Our squad can ill afford to lose a half-decent player before we have adequately replaced them.  In all honesty, he's nowhere near as bad as some on here are making out.

He isn't quicker and apart from a few nice freekicks into the box I don't think he is better with the ball. His corners are fucking shocking aswell.

Geremi has a lot more.

Do we know how many games each have played since Keegan turned it around and when each player got their assists?

Geremi has a lot more.

Do we know how many games each have played since Keegan turned it around and when each player got their assists?

I don't know, but I thought it would be best to compare them on a season as a whole.

Not really fair is it? I think Geremi got about 7 assists and at least 3/4 of them came when we actually started to play under Keegan.

So still more than Milner than back at the start of the season?

Why do I need to calm down?

I could understand if I was "right you can fuck right off here you silly cunt, this and this fucking happened, check your pm its the one about me meeting you in a pub in toon to smash your stupid fucking face in with a brick you twat!"

Still you are getting raped next weekend and its not going to be gentle.