Milner on his way?

stozo

The owner of NUFC havent shown any real ambition as far as turning this club into a top 4 club.

Agreed, Ashley out etc.

I havent said Ashley out...

I only pointed the facts.

Oh right, thanks for clearing that one up.

the other half kick off if you offer an opinion on anything

A forum is about opinions, you are perfectly entitled to offer your opinions, and I'm perfectly entitled to disagree with anything anyone says.

I am not on NE5's side, your side, Baggio's side, Dave's side anyones side. I am on the side of my own beliefs.

which are?  all i ever really see from you are snipes

Generally in disagreement with your own, hence your perceptions.

I believe that we shouldn't really be shouting from the rooftops about anything until we see how well we fare in the Premier League next season. That will be the real judge of the decisions made at boardroom and management level.

Milner is proven in this league, Modric isn't. Saved us a lot of money imo.

With Milner wanting £80kpw and Modric only on £10kpw at Spurs we'll pay more for Milner in the long run.  :(

When are people going to learn that the fee paid for a player has little connection to the player's actual ability?

:nope:

The fee is not based on ability alone, it may not even be the main factor, but little connection?  :cheesy:

Guest want_nufc_to_be_big_club

Milner is proven in this league, Modric isn't. Saved us a lot of money imo.

With Milner wanting £80kpw and Modric only on £10kpw at Spurs we'll pay more for Milner in the long run.  :(

When are people going to learn that the fee paid for a player has little connection to the player's actual ability?

The fee is not based on ability alone, it may not even be the main factor, but little connection?  :cheesy:

Are you sure about this?

I'm exaggerating a little, admittedly, but I'd say that my statement applies for all Newcastle transfers in the past ten years.

the other half kick off if you offer an opinion on anything

A forum is about opinions, you are perfectly entitled to offer your opinions, and I'm perfectly entitled to disagree with anything anyone says.

I am not on NE5's side, your side, Baggio's side, Dave's side anyones side. I am on the side of my own beliefs.

which are?  all i ever really see from you are snipes

Generally in disagreement with your own, hence your perceptions.

I believe that we shouldn't really be shouting from the rooftops about anything until we see how well we fare in the Premier League next season. That will be the real judge of the decisions made at boardroom and management level.

now i get it; you have no opinions or expectations then?  basically, that's what you're saying right?

how long does that last then, out of interest?  this is one year and three transfer windows for MA let me remind you

you probably can't answer that though, it'll be an opinion

by the way who's shouting anything from the rooftops?  it's a newcastle specific internet forum, if i was on sky news you might have a point

Thing is, and i know it doesn't really hold a great deal of relevance, all of you guys know a hell of a lot about the club and through this must realise why you both have the views you do, even if you don't agree with them? It's not like any of you are WUMs (notable exclusion of NE5 on a few occasions from an outsider viewpoint) and you all (NE5 included) want to see us do well. Some people will be cautious, some people optimistic, that's more due to the nature of the person than anything we know about the club. It's like anything, history and stats can be used in anyone's argument as there is so damn much in just the last 15 years that any view can be argued / defended, it's all about perception. I guess the one thing it does make me realise is what a damn difficult job the club has on it's hands, as people rarely agree on everything and with the set up we have there now any disagreement will be convoluted and then magnified if the press catch hold of it, even if said disagreement doesn't actually exist.

said for ages he should move into the middle, as bobyule says he can beat men on both sides, has two good feet and a good shot

he's got the engine as well, i'd worry about the physical side a bit but if someone was in there to protect him i think it could very well be an astute move by KK

His "good shot" never looks like getting him many goals though does it? He has all the tools but has the predator's instinct of Bambi. His crapness in front of goal is best summed up in two words: Matt Derbyshire (Blackburn).

Guest elbee909

I still remember those two corking goals from central attacking-mid positions, in one game I think?  Can't remember the match though.