The "New" Wembley

Tooj

Not sure what it is, but whenever I've caught any of the games on TV, there's something about it I really don't like. I actually preferred the finals being held at Cardiff.

Agreed.  Certainly on TV it looks crap (huge swathes of empty corporate seats after half time) and the atmosphere doesn't come across very well (assuming there is one).

I agree, for what we paid, it just isnt anywhere near good or big enough.  They should have broke the 100,000 barrier for sure.

Having said that, I have been and even from up in the gods you get an exceptional view, far better than you do from Level 7 at SJP although it has been many years since I sat in level 7.

Best stadium I've been to in the way you arrive at Wembley Park, walk down Wembley Way, get through the turnstiles really quickly, and walk through the tunnel into the light and the wall of noise.

The best parts crowdwise are in the higher tiers and at the back of the lower tier especially in the corners and behind the goal.

I spent a bit of time prematch towards the front though, and you feel really out in the open and on your own. Its therefore quieter close to the microphones, while the cameras point at the deadest parts of the stand.

Best stadium I've been to in the way you arrive at Wembley Park, walk down Wembley Way, get through the turnstiles really quickly, and walk through the tunnel into the light and the wall of noise.

The best parts crowdwise are in the higher tiers and at the back of the lower tier especially in the corners and behind the goal.

I spent a bit of time prematch towards the front though, and you feel really out in the open and on your own. Its therefore quieter close to the microphones, while the cameras point at the deadest parts of the stand.

Walking up the drab, grey, cheap and shitty concrete staircases to the gods is an absoloute nightmare.  For the money it cost and the more than half a decade we had to wait for it I want the stairs fucking carpet finished for fucks sake!

Walking up the drab, grey, cheap and shitty concrete staircases to the gods is an absoloute nightmare.  For the money it cost and the more than half a decade we had to wait for it I want the stairs fucking carpet finished for fucks sake!

Ever been to a cinema, or a Wetherspoons pub?

I'm going to see my relatives in London this weekend, and me and the father were planning to do the stadium tour, but with the playoffs on, then England vs. the USA, stadium tours aren't on until next Friday so I cannat go.  Have to say I was looking forward to seeing it though.  Had Darlo or Carlise got through, we were gonna look at going to one of the playoff finals, but with something like £26 starting price for Stockport vs. Rochdale - no fucking chance.

I was on the lower tier so didn't have to worry about stairs.

One other thing I did notice though is how dry the place is in terms of licensed premises. Don't think I saw a noticeable drunk when I was there.

Oh, and the white horses intimidated the fuck out of me, I think the riding police thought it was Bolton 1924 or whatever all over again.

Far too many 'neutral' fans in the crowd. Especially in that middle ring of seats.

Fans who don't give a s*** who wins don't make too much noise. :hmm:

is that people who are members of 'Club Wembley'?  I think thats a stupid idea.  Fair enough for England games, but iirc I read somewhere they can apply for cup final tickets.  Just wasted space for fans of the 2 teams involved.

Guest Stephen927

I think it looks spectacular.

I don't like where the corporate seats are placed.

I think if England had something to cheer about it would be quite an initimidating stadium, but at the moment what you have is grumbling fans, passive spectators and an FA Cup Final that had next to no atmosphere despite the enormous occasion for both teams.

Shocking lack of toilets too, the sinks were comandeered as a piss pot.

Well, there's just 2618 of them, pathetic really

No good though when 2616 of them are in the corporate area though.

Far too many 'neutral' fans in the crowd. Especially in that middle ring of seats.

is that people who are members of 'Club Wembley'?  I think thats a stupid idea.  Fair enough for England games, but iirc I read somewhere they can apply for cup final tickets.  Just wasted space for fans of the 2 teams involved.

They bought the same seat for every game played at Wembley for about 5 or 10 years iirc. Something like that anyway.

England games, Cup finals, play-offs etc.  :undecided:

Shocking lack of toilets too, the sinks were comandeered as a piss pot.

Well, there's just 2618 of them, pathetic really

It was bedlam when I was there, didnt feel like there was that many, but then again, 2618 toilets is not a lot when you have got about 50,000 people wanting a piss all at the same time.

is that people who are members of 'Club Wembley'?  I think thats a stupid idea.  Fair enough for England games, but iirc I read somewhere they can apply for cup final tickets.  Just wasted space for fans of the 2 teams involved.

They bought the same seat for every game played at Wembley for about 5 or 10 years iirc. Something like that anyway.

England games, Cup finals, play-offs etc.  :undecided:

Thought so.  I'd like to know how many bother going to every game they've got that seat for.  Can't see them all rushing to the League 2 playoff final, nor do I believe they turned up in their droves for the FA vase.  I know those 2 games won't sell out, so it doesn't matter, but its just the principle that in a game where 2 teams, no matter at what level, have made it to Wembley, there's neutral fans taking up space who in some cases probably couldn't give a shit who wins.

From their site:

What events will a Club Wembley 10 Year Seat Licence entitle me to see?

You will receive one ticket per licensed seat for the following matches:

All England senior home games

The FA Cup Final

Both FA Cup Semi Finals

The FA Community Shield

The Football League Cup Final and

The Rugby League Challenge Cup Final

Do I have an option on any other events?

Yes, you will also have an option to purchase tickets or hospitality packages for other world class sporting events in the Stadium including concerts.

What will my seat be like?

Your seat will be in an exclusive reserved area of the Stadium. The Club Wembley Concourse (Level 2) is entirely dedicated to Club Wembley seat holders. Club Wembley seats are wider than the general admission seats, they are padded with armrests.

:undecided: