Pre-season friendlies at SJP: Rangers (set to be called off) and Valencia

Dave

Guest Heneage

Yeah Magpie, D'Alessandro, Aimar, and Miltio, Diogo the RB, Lucchin the midfielder and one or two others.

Guest Heneage

Valencia? Get the f*** in! Here's hoping its prior to the sales of Messers, Villa, Silva, and Joaquin.

i've been meaning to ask you about you sig - are you danish?

I am yeah. On my fathers side, names Kris Heneage big fan of Bendtner and JDT. I know he wasn't great for us but still a fan.

gerrin valencia are my favourite spanish club (not been a good year for me!)

This. Hence my username. Sadly, I don't think many of the top players will still be there when thee come to town. Canizares has already gone, with Villa, Silva, Joaquin, Albelda, Vicente, Miquel, Marchena and others likely to follow.

Guest BooBoo

Can't beleive we've been as dense as to give an Old Firm club another pass to trash our city.

Put Hadrian's Wall back up tbh.

Rangers and Celtic will always sell 4000+ tickets thats the only reason they keep getting invited.

Last season, 30k at Celtic match, 35k at Juventus match.

A lot more Newcastle fans will go to the Valencia game rather than the Rangers one I reckon.

Guest BooBoo

Rangers and Celtic will always sell 4000+ tickets thats the only reason they keep getting invited.

A lot more Newcastle fans will go to the Valencia game rather than the Rangers one I reckon.

I dunno mind, i dont think Valencia are the same big name like a Celtic or Juve. They've got some good players but i would say 25,000 to 30,000 will be the most we can expect. I know i wont be going.

Guest BooBoo

The beauty of inviting an Old Firm team, and presumably the reason we do it, is they bring a shitload of fans down with them.

The downside is the town gets taken over by mortal drunk Glaswegians who show the place not a scrap of respect. Last time Celtic came down, there was a bloke asleep on Gallowgate in the road and nice reports of Scots taking a slash against windows in full view of women and kids. Rangers last vist saw Strawberry Place a mess of cans, rubbish and glass and the Gallowgate End bogs graffitti'd to hell.

The knackers think its their duty to shock the English with their "outrageous" behaviour.

Guest Heneage

More of us will, but away fans will differ.

More of us will, but away fans will differ.

Which is my point really. I couldn't give a f*ck about going to see Rangers. Valencia on the other hand.

Guest neesy111

can't believe any club would be stupid enough to get rangers as a friendly after what happened last week

awful fans

Discussing the pre-season schedule on another forum, and a Derby fan said he hoped they arranged a friendly against us to restore that winning feeling. :lol:  :-[

We'd tank them just like everyone else now though :lol:  Maybe what he meant to say is he hopes they arrange a friendly against Allardyce's next club..

Trying to talk my dad into taking me up to the Valencia game but will be difficult getting up to SJP and back in good time and tickets'll probably be in high demand. Fingers crossed though.

Trying to talk my dad into taking me up to the Valencia game but will be difficult getting up to SJP and back in good time and tickets'll probably be in high demand. Fingers crossed though.

Where you heading from? The train is usually spot on if you're near a main station, as Newcastle Central is a short walk from the ground.