Chris Mort's departure confirmed. Derek Llambias is new Managing Director.

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I genuinely think there'd be similar responses if it was Shepherd. Well, maybe not "legend", but there'd have been plenty :lol:s.

I think its embarrassing. I also think that if Shepherd had did it he would have been slaughtered.

Such is the way though.

Not that I'm embarrassed personally.  In fact I'm more embarrassed by the blatant hypocrisy if anything.

Oh the irony............

Newcastle United supporters like a chairman who presides over a club that imposes wage restrictions, loses its best players and lose out on major transfer dealings, but they think he's a great bloke because he does the conga ?

And you wonder why people laugh ?

Supporters of the successful clubs will be pissing themselves laughing at such crap and rightly so.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=52957.msg1331827#msg1331827

His reign has just been completely justified:

Asked to name his worst moment, Quinn said: "I would have have to say after the Newcastle result away.

"To see their chairman come into the boardroom at St James' Park doing the conga, that was hard to take."

:lol:

that is brilliant

its bloody stupid

Oh, fuck off.

Sorry, I can't think of any other way to respond to your comment.

fuck off yourself.

If that had been Shepherd you'd have said how embarrassed you were.

Fact is, its stupid.

And nowt to do with how the team performs either, which is what we are all supposed to be most bothered about.

What if Fat Fred had done the Conga? What if Mort had called Newcastle punters mugs for paying £40 for shirts which cost a fiver? What if Shepherd had enough money to buy out Ashley and tell him to fuck off?

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, wouldn't it be a Merry Christmas?

as the Yanks would say

I genuinely think there'd be similar responses if it was Shepherd. Well, maybe not "legend", but there'd have been plenty :lol:s.

I think its embarrassing. I also think that if Shepherd had did it he would have been slaughtered.

Such is the way though.

Not that I'm embarrassed personally.  In fact I'm more embarrassed by the blatant hypocrisy if anything.

Oh the irony............

prepare to be challenged

Such is the way though.

What hypocrisy? Shepherd never did anything like that in order to make a compareable reaction.

Newcastle United supporters like a chairman who presides over a club that imposes wage restrictions, loses its best players and lose out on major transfer dealings, but they think he's a great bloke because he does the conga ?

Supporters of the successful clubs will be pissing themselves laughing at such crap and rightly so.

Of all the people that found the incident funny, i bet there was a selection of both those that thought he did a good job, and those that thought he did a bad job.  They were laughing at the situation tbh; people would have to be very short-sighted if the hilarity of the conga in Quinn's face is an equal measure of his performance at the club.

Tbh, it would have been cringeworthy if Shepherd had done it. Fact is, they're different people. I'm sure it was in jest and delivered with irony.

Glad you admit that you are judging by your perception of personalities.

You'll grow out of it, but hopefully it won't take you 10 years of showing little or no ambition before the penny drops.

I am, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. The fact is that Mort comes across as the kind of modest, self-deprecating bloke who could do something like that in a spirit of gentle ribbing, whereas Shepherd... doesn't. Maybe I've got it all wrong, as I admit I know neither of them personally. Maybe Freddy actually had a very sophisticated sense of humour that he just was never able to get across in spite of countless interviews, appearances, etc.

Are you sure you support the football team and not the chuckle brothers ?

What has the sort of bloke someone is got to do with how the results of the football team ?

52000 people can't be wrong.

Such is the way though.

What hypocrisy? Shepherd never did anything like that in order to make a compareable reaction.

Of all the people that found the incident funny, i bet there was a selection of both those that thought he did a good job, and those that thought he did a bad job.  They were laughing at the situation tbh; people would have to be very short-sighted if the hilarity of the conga in Quinn's face is an equal measure of his performance at the club.

I'm sorry mate, but I honestly don't really care about this. I think its completely irrelevant to anything. It certainly doesn't mean someone is a good chairman, and I'm sure if you and the people on here who actually have a brain are honest with themselves, you will agree.

I'll judge Chris Mort on the players we didn't sign and the players we wanted to sign but were beaten to by an inferior club if thats alright.

Such is the way though.

I'm sorry mate, but I honestly don't really care about this. I think its completely irrelevant to anything. It certainly doesn't mean someone is a good chairman, and I'm sure if you and the people on here who actually have a brain are honest with themselves, you will agree.

I'll judge Chris Mort on the players we didn't sign and the players we wanted to sign but were beaten to by an inferior club if thats alright.

You seem to care ;)

Funny that since 51,998 thought Shepherd was a cunt.

silly boy.

The choice was theirs though. I take it you were one of those 51,998 who spent their money lining the pocket of a cunt ?

mackems.gif

You could have stopped going of course, like 30000 did before football began in 1992  mackems.gif

Such is the way though.

so you'll  judge the previous board on the players they went after and didn't get ?

Such is the way though.

You seem to care ;)

I don't.

I just feel sorry for people who think a good chairman of a football club is so because he does the conga

Priceless  mackems.gif

Such is the way though.

so you'll  judge the previous board on the players they went after and didn't get ?

I'll judge them on the players they did get that qualified for europe and the Champions League massively more than any other period in the clubs history.

Unless you care to dispute this ?

Funny that since 51,998 thought Shepherd was a cunt.

silly boy.

The choice was theirs though. I take it you were one of those 51,998 who spent their money lining the pocket of a cunt ?

mackems.gif

You could have stopped going of course, like 30000 did before football began in 1992  mackems.gif

I assume you'll be stopping going because you don't like Chris Mort and Mike Ashley then?

Such is the way though.

You seem to care ;)

I don't.

I just feel sorry for people who think a good chairman of a football club is so because he does the conga

Priceless  mackems.gif

or one who drives the club into massive crippling debt. mackems.gif mackems.gif  to acheive lower mid table finishes while racking up these debts mackems.gif mackems.gif

Guest Micktoon

Whats the craic anyhoo, has Mort actually stepped down or not. If he has i personally think we're in the cack. It will mean starting the new season with a chairman learning the ropes again, not good.

Such is the way though.

You seem to care ;)

I don't.

Priceless  mackems.gif

or one who drives the club into massive crippling debt. mackems.gif mackems.gif

oh give it a rest.

Daft lad.

Whats the craic anyhoo, has Mort actually stepped down or not. If he has i personally think we're in the cack. It will mean starting the new season with a chairman learning the ropes again, not good.

My complete guess is that he hasn't but might.

Not yet but it's expected sometime in the near future, the bloke favourite to take his place is already at the club working with him.

I don't think it'll have much impact as Wise is in charge of the football side of the business and Jimenez handles negotiations.